• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT3| - With the 29th pick of the 2016 NFL draft...

FMT is a dad! How best to celebrate?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Plan was there but the execution was lacking? Farmer is gone BG, he can't hurt you no more.

Weapons for what? To finish 6-10 instead of 4-12? Your QB is RG3 , you need the protection. Instant gratification doesn't exist in this league.
I'm not down playing the importance of o line. I personally just don't want another 1st round line man this year. Don't tell me what I need you sloot.
They have 6 picks in the top 100. You don't only build the oline with first round picks.
Yes

JABEE

Eagles ain't trading a franchise QB they already paid for nothing less than a 1st and a couple of 2's.
Paying for him already means the return should be higher. It's like baseball teams taking salary in order to get a better prospect. If Denver or NY wants Bradford, a 1st or 2nd is the price. If not, just keep him. Bradford won't hold out beyond mini-camp.

Eagles ain't trading a franchise QB they already paid for nothing less than a 1st and a couple of 2's.

eYBlyNq.gif

Really doubt Bradford coming here, that cap hit Philly would take for trading him is high and why would you want to give up a good draft pick for him?

Bob McGinn scout analysis of the LB 2016 draft class.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/pack...spects-linebackers-b99704579z1-377020691.html

1. MYLES JACK, UCLA (6-1, 244, 4.5, 1): Third-year junior from Bellevue, Wash. "I liked him better than (Jaylon) Smith," said one scout. "Little more physical." Rare ability to walk out and cover WRs. "He's a slam dunk," a second scout said. "He can play modern-day football, let's put it that way. That (expletive) ain't never leaving the field." Finished with 178 tackles (15 for loss), 1 sack and 7 big plays (combination of interceptions, forced fumbles and recovered fumbles). "Just a freak athlete," said another scout. "He is Von Miller freakish. He moves around like a DB in coverage. He has burst to close. Plays heavy. His character doesn't read as clean as Clay Matthews' but he's more physically talented than Clay. The heart, the desire, he has that. The nick on him is he has had some cheap shots on him and he hasn't been able to handle it in the most mature way....He's not a leader. He wants to be one of the guys. There were some things he could have done differently in regards to how he treated people." Started 28 of 29 before suffering torn meniscus Sept. 21 in practice and didn't play again. Scored 25 on the 50-question Wonderlic intelligence test. Also rushed 68 times for 387 yards (5.7) and 11 TDs. "He could start for us at strong safety and be the No. 2 running back," a fourth scout said. "He transcends today's game." Vertical jump of 40 inches led ILBs.

3. REGGIE RAGLAND, Alabama (6-1, 248, 4.66, 1): Kept busy playing special teams for two years, started at WLB in 2014 and as the signal-calling MLB in '15. "When he hits people they stop right there," one scout said. "He's a plugger. Good reading through hats, diagnosing quick. He can get sideline to sideline tracking people down." Finished with 220 tackles (17 ½ for loss), 4 sacks and 8 big plays. "Very nice kid," another scout said. "He's gifted enough. His body is a little soft but his athleticism speaks for itself. Question is, can he be a three-down linebacker? That's my only concern. If you really watch Alabama, on third down they don't have him dropping into space. They have him rushing the passer (with his hand down outside). There's got to be a reason they do that." Administered the Wonderlic test twice, scoring 10 and later 15. "There was a little knock on him learning the playbook early," said a third scout. "Talking to people at Alabama, you're not going to throw an NFL playbook at him Day 1. But in time he will learn it. When he learns it he can retain it." From Madison, Ala. "Great (expletive) kid," a fourth scout said. "He'll knock the (expletive) out of you. Fast, explosive, not very smart. That's going to affect him on the next level."

1. LEONARD FLOYD, Georgia (6-5 ½, 246, 4.60, 1): "He has a DeMarcus Ware kind of body," said one scout. "He has first-round traits and third-, fourth-round inconsistency." Fourth-year junior, three-year starter from Eastman, Ga. "He's from a one-light town," said one scout. "He went to Georgia pro day and ate a bunch of breakfast biscuits before they go out. He put his hand down to work the heavy bag and started throwing up. You talk about coun-try." Finished with 182 tackles (28 ½ for loss), 17 sacks and 7 big plays. "He can do whatever he wants to do," another scout said. "The way they use him, he does everything at a high level. He covers the slot. He rushes the passer. They play him as a regular linebacker. I haven't seen anybody like him. Aldon Smith couldn't play up like this guy. Aldon was just go forward. I like him better than (Anthony) Barr. Barr wasn't the most physical guy. This guy plays hard." Wonderlic of 26. "He played inside this past year and didn't do a bad job," a third scout said. "But he's a guy you need impacting the quarterback. He's got to get stronger to play the run. He plays more violent than Barkevious Mingo and is a better technician."

Much more at the link.

Pepiope

Mike KlisVerified account
‏@MikeKlis
Prominent NFL source: Broncos reached out to PHI re: Bradford. Unable to confirm w/ team but NFL source: PHI asking price too high. #9news

DEN gonna go repeat as champs :(

No price is too high for a guaranteed championship.

si no puedes hablas espanol, no eres un americano real

I was inspired to learn spanish by the greatest Mexican American football player ever...Tony Romo

Top Bottom