• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT3| - With the 29th pick of the 2016 NFL draft...

FMT is a dad! How best to celebrate?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Juicy Bob

Could someone please go back in time to 2005 and tell my younger self about the future health risks associated with deciding to be an Eagles fan

lmfao

@JamieApody
According to Bradford's agent Sam wants out because w/ the 2nd pick behind him "you better play well or you'll hear it from the fans."

he scared everyone knows he sucks

legit shook

If true, the nerve on this fucking guy :jnc

Why does Bradford keep getting paid and keep getting chances? I don't get it at all.

He was drafted #1 overall. That's it. It's what makes the above quote so hilarious, he's made millions upon millions for being utter shit just because of his draft position and he's about to be on the receiving end of it now.

He was lucky that he was in the last class on the old rookie wage scale too, unless he fucked up massively off the field the Rams (RIP) were going to keep trotting him out there to take a massive dump on the field just because of the money they had tied up in him.

effzee

I know it almost never happens, but I have to wonder if a 3-way trade makes sense here. Denver would rather have Kaep and I'm guessing Chip would rather have Bradford, a guy who knows his system, than a random draft pick.

Howie and Chip won't be working together on a deal especially when one could potentially "win" over the other.

effzee

Don't feel bad for Bradford, he's made what, over $100 million now being one of the most mediocre QB's in the league?

Around the NFL just had a stat that of QB's who'd played 6 years, he was like 20th of 20 in all rankings aside from completion percentage (where he was 19th of 20). Bradford is a bad QB, he should not be any teams first option as a starting QB.

So he shouldn't be a team's first option? Then it was even dumber for Howie to give him the contract he did. That's on the Eagles, not Sam.

Again why should we be angry at Bradford? He signed the deal the team gave him. He didn't even test FA and chose to stay in Philly cause he really felt like something was working there, plus his teammates really wanted him back.

Howie and the Eagles FO has messed this up from the start. Chase is the QB Pederson most wanted since he knows him and coached him for the past 3 seasons. He also makes sense if you are going to be using a vet for a year or 2 while the rookie waits.

Bradford never fit into the equation unless you really wanted him to be the guy moving forward and the 2 year deal was insurance against injury or terrible play. Which is what I am sure he was "sold" and now the 2nd overall pick makes that all go away.

effzee

Please let Bradford go to the Broncos. Bob Ford has the right read here

I think the point he makes in the article about how if Bradford is traded and the Eagles are forced to play Chase and or the rookie, the Brows win BIG.

The Eagles 2017 1st round pick will most def end up being a top 5 pick, a pick the Eagles could have seriously used but just traded away.

I can't believe Howie's plan was that of the Sixers. Just keep hoarding QBs? Yeah that doesn't work with vets who you have to pay starter money. Dumb-ass.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
JaMarcus Russell says he'd 'play for free' for a chance to return to the NFL

The NFL Draft starts on Thursday, which is also the nine-year anniversary of former Williamson High School star JaMarcus Russell going to the Oakland Raiders with the No. 1 pick in the 2007 NFL Draft.

Russell has told Sports Illustrated he'd "play for free" to get back in the NFL. Sports Illustrated will release a video update on Russell on SI Films on Tuesday. On Monday, Sports Illustrated posted a teaser for its production.

Nine years after being the No. 1 pick, JaMarcus Russell doesn't ask for sympathy. Premieres 4/26 from @SI_Films.https://t.co/oJVjocBpHL
— Sports Illustrated (@SInow) April 25, 2016

"God makes things happen for a reason," Russell said in the video. "Who's to say? You might see me back. You never know, man. You never know. ... Whatever it is -- I can be a water boy and work my way into a scout team. It doesn't matter. I'll go play for free."

jmdajr

t3yt1Qz.jpg

subtle

squicken

Bradford got fucked by Howie. If I was a FA, I would stay clear of that FO. Feel bad for Bradford.

I get all the talk about Bradford never having earned his money and all that. But it doesn't give Roseman and Doug the right to lie to him in the FA process. Problem with the trade is Howie will never trade Bradford to SF b/c he legit hates Chip and would never help him, and they don't want to play Wentz this year. If Daniel got hurt or looked bad they would have to

Fantomex

I get all the talk about Bradford never having earned his money and all that. But it doesn't give Roseman and Doug the right to lie to him in the FA process. Problem with the trade is Howie will never trade Bradford to SF b/c he legit hates Chip and would never help him, and they don't want to play Wentz this year. If Daniel got hurt or looked bad they would have to

I don't think the wait it out method is going to work especially in Philadelphia. For some reason I think those fans are going to clamor for the rookie the first time Bradford throws an incomplete pass.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
This thread has this weird stockholm syndrome vibe with Bradford fans (Bradford fans?) happening. Its kind of terrifying.

I don't think the wait it out method is going to work especially in Philadelphia. For some reason I think those fans are going to clamor for the rookie the first time Bradford throws an incomplete pass.
The last time the Eagles drafted a QB at #2 it was Mcnabb. He didn't start until week 10. Philadelphia Eagles fans are very knowledgeable in my experience, and they will understand that a rookie, and Wentz especially, will need time.

squicken

As we get closer to the draft, seems like a few things are forming as a consensus

Cleveland will draft a WR. Analytics guys know you have to score to win, and you have to throw to score. They'll get the WRs in place before the QB, this time

Stanley and Tunsil will go top 10

Elliott will go top 10, w/ a Miami trade up a big possibility

New Orleans seems like they will draft a QB, since they apparently were in play for the #1 pick

Hey EDP, what do you think about Sam Bradford?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joLjRfk-lfo
Damn right EDP.. Damn right.

After Jimmy goes 4-0 I wonder how many number one picks they will get from the Browns before trade deadline.
If that were to happen.. I would give up on the Browns and change teams. I am not even kidding.. I'll put on a bengals jersey, packers jersey, or anything.

That would be the straw for me.

This thread has this weird stockholm syndrome vibe with Bradford fans (Bradford fans?) happening. Its kind of terrifying.
It's been like this for months CB.. Months.

As we get closer to the draft, seems like a few things are forming as a consensus

Cleveland will draft a WR. Analytics guys know you have to score to win, and you have to throw to score. They'll get the WRs in place before the QB, this time

New Orleans seems like they will draft a QB, since they apparently were in play for the #1 pick
Hopefully these involve a trade down with us pls..

Next year Fournette/Watson train. Pls take one for the team Philly.

RBH

650x366

The Oakland Raiders are on the verge of selling out their season tickets for the first time in franchise history, owner Mark Davis said Sunday afternoon.

"We're excited as hell," Davis told ESPN.com. "Again, we've got the greatest fans in the world. The Raider Nation is strong."

The Raiders have signed a one-year lease to remain at the Oakland Alameda Coliseum for the 2016 season and have two one-year options for 2017 and 2018, though the team recently saw its rent triple before the 50-year-old dual-use stadium lost its naming rights from O.co.

Plus, Davis has toured Las Vegas as a potential new home for the franchise, after the Raiders finished third in a three-team race to relocate to the Los Angeles suburb of Carson along with the San Diego Chargers.

The Raiders could still join the Los Angeles Rams in their Inglewood home, should the Chargers decide to remain in San Diego, but momentum is growing in Las Vegas, and Davis is reportedly scheduled to attend a meeting of the Southern Nevada Tourism Infrastructure Committee on Thursday. Davis would not comment on that possibility.

Back in Oakland, excitement is growing for a team that improved to seven wins from three a year ago. The team has a nucleus of young players, such as quarterback Derek Carr, All-Pro outside linebacker/defensive end Khalil Mack and receiver Amari Cooper, recent free-agent signees offensive lineman Kelechi Osemele, outside linebacker Bruce Irvin, cornerback Sean Smith and free safety Reggie Nelson, and re-signed outside linebacker Aldon Smith.

As a result, the Raiders, who spent the 1982 through 1994 seasons in L.A., are in line to have a waiting list for season tickets for the first time in franchise history.

The team has grown its season ticket fan base from 30,000 in 2013 to 37,000 in 2014 to 42,200 last year to just under 50,000 so far this offseason, per Raiders president Marc Badain. That's an increase of nearly 67 percent.

The Coliseum has a capacity of nearly 53,250.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...t-season-ticket-sellout-owner-mark-davis-says

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

Had no idea New Orleans was trying to trade up for the #1 pick considering how depleted their roster is. I wonder what QB they're looking at.

As always I hope other teams trade up in front of pick #16 to reach for a QB so someone like Sheldon Rankins falls to Detroit.

If Ezekiel Elliott is as good as analysts say he is then why wouldn't he be a Top 5 pick? If he's a game changer like Adrian Peterson or Todd Gurley I draft him if I'm the Cowboys.

So Tommy Lawlor was on the Eagles fancast last week the day before they traded up to #2 and he was asked who he thought that the Eagles would get in the draft and he said that without a doubt Carson Wentz was their number 1 target. He said he had heard rumblings that they had a trade in place with the Chargers if Wentz was still on the board when they picked. I thought that was pretty interesting since he is super connected with the team.

MechDX

Jeff Risdon
‏@JeffRisdon Jeff Risdon Retweeted Jeff-LJ-Lloyd
I don't project a single WR taken in the top 20. But 5 in the next 20

One mans opinion but I have seen that opinion repeated a few times by others. Most seem to think receivers start going off the board in the early 20's starting with Houston. Personally I dont believe the Texans take a WR

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Leonard Fournette should be Ezekiel Elliot's biggest fan this year. If Zeke lights up the league, then teams will be more willing to take Fournette with a high pick.

effzee

Or had a winning season, or made the playoffs...

Yet you won't find anyone here arguing he is great or a to 10 QB.

He didn't play for 2 years (back to back knee injuries) and played much better in the 2nd half last year.

The issue isn't what he has or hasn't done. Issue is the Eagles FO liking him enough, even after Chip was removed, to give him a lot of money to start and prove himself but then also throwing away resources (which could have put a better team on the field to help Sam) to get a guy who no matter what will replace Sam in a year.

Its stupid. They should have let him walk and no one would have said anything. Easy to chalk it up to new coach and new/old GM who didn't trade for him.

BigAT

It is almost like football is a team game.

What does that have to do with him being a bad player? He has failed to reach any real metric of success, both as an individual and as a team.

We should probably stop evaluating players individually because football is a team game.

What does that have to do with him being a bad player? He has failed to reach any real metric of success, both as an individual and as a team.

We should probably stop evaluating players individually because football is a team game.
You pointed to him not making the playoffs as a mark against him, in reality the reason the rams never made the playoffs is they have the worst head coach in football and they never put any talent around Sam.

Top Bottom