• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT3| - With the 29th pick of the 2016 NFL draft...

FMT is a dad! How best to celebrate?

Results are only viewable after voting.
David Todd ‏@DavidMTodd 36m36 minutes ago

I’ll be picking for #Steelers in @1010XL media mock draft. @MaryKayCabot made surprise pick so far taking Paxton Lynch for #Browns at 8.

Listen to your Khaleesi!
Lmao she would pick Lynch, I was just listening to her on the radio. And she was talking about lynch. She dosent have the info that Browns are in on him like that, Khaleesi said she was just personally still stuck on Qb.

I don't believe the pick will be lynch

Lmao she would pick Lynch, I was just listening to her on the radio. And she was talking about lynch. She dosent have the info that Browns are in on him like that, Khaleesi said she was just personally still stuck on Qb.

You really should rally around RG3, get him some pieces and you can make it work with him.

I don't see Sam like he or YH do but even they don't claim or would claim he is top 10 QB.
Not to split hairs (though I'm going to) but that's not the only adjective you used as a barometer which is specifically what I highlighted.

Your words:

Yet you won't find anyone here arguing he is great or a to 10 QB.

We've seen arguments very much in favor of Bradford being a great QB from Pep on multiple occasions. Yankee is less effusive in his praise but he'll swear by Bradford's acumen as a quality QB per the second half of last season.

It is what it is. The guy seems to have a bevy of supporters here for whatever reason and that's fine but I agree with CB3 from a page or two ago...

This thread has this weird stockholm syndrome vibe with Bradford fans (Bradford fans?) happening. Its kind of terrifying.

I would say the same for a few Broncos fans and Mark Sanchez. Though these folks are a bit more level headed, I'm not going to lie. I read stuff like "I think Sanchez is going to work in this offense. He's working really hard!" and wonder if I'm in the twilight zone or people are simply moving through the 5 stages of grief and have reached the bargaining and acceptance phase. Or they're just willfully ignoring years of evidence that these fucking guys are either extraordinarily average, endlessly injured, if not just outright woefully shit at playing the QB position. Even worse, there's substantial evidence to support that viewpoint in both cases!

Fantomex

On Second thought yeah, Lynch is is a prototypical Cleveland QB. Draft him.

34Z6qEj.gif

I would be so pissed.

You really should rally around RG3, get him some pieces and you can make it work with him.
This is the correct strategy. If they really want lynch.. Trade up and steal him from Denver and you still get a pick.

I hope they just wait. Kaaya and Watson will be there next year.

squicken

http://www.si.com/nfl/2016/04/26/2011-nfl-draft-oral-history-cam-newton-von-miller

The funny part of this (h/t to mech) is how much Luck not coming out created such a domino effect. It seems like Denver would have passed on Cam, and he would have ended up in Buffalo, had Luck come out

He needs microfracture like right away, or he'll need it in time? Because if it's right away I wouldn't go anywhere near him with a top 10 pick.

Every team will have a different evaluation b/c there is no medical consensus, at least according to the media. Some think he needs it right away, or will eventually, or not at all. But it's pretty clear his knee injury was more than a clean ACL tear like Gurley had. But not as bad as Jaylon Smith, which seems to be closer to what Lattimore had with nerve damage

I wouldn't take him in the first round, unless it's Denver.

Not to split hairs (though I'm going to) but that's not the only adjective you used as a barometer which is specifically what I highlighted.

Your words:

We've seen arguments very much in favor of Bradford being a great QB from Pep on multiple occasions. Yankee is less effusive in his praise but he'll swear by Bradford's acumen as a quality QB per the second half of last season.

It is what it is. The guy seems to have a bevy of supporters here for whatever reason and that's fine but I agree with CB3 from a page or two ago...

I would say the same for a few Broncos fans and Mark Sanchez. Though these folks are a bit more level headed, I'm not going to lie. I read stuff like "I think Sanchez is going to work in this offense. He's working really hard!" and wonder if I'm in the twilight zone or people are simply moving through the 5 stages of grief and have reached the bargaining and acceptance phase and willfully ignoring years of evidence that these fucking guys are either extraordinarily average if just woefully shit at playing the QB position. Even worse, there's substantial evidence to support that viewpoint!
I definitely think Bradford can be a good nfl qb. He played well the second half of last year and that was with a weak ol, no running game, and wrs that lead the league in drops. That was a tough situation for any qb, so I would have liked to see him get a chance in what should have been a better situation. Obviously that can't happen now since the Eagles decided to grab another qb rather then improve the team.

Craft Brewers Conference and World Beer Cup are in Philly next week. Can't win at sports but we continue to win at beer. I'm psyched, there are so many great beer events next week.

I would be so pissed.

This is the correct strategy. If they really want lynch.. Trade up and steal him from Denver and you still get a pick.

I hope they just wait. Kaaya and Watson will be there next year.
I believe we will add a Qb in the draft, right now I don't believe it'll be lynch.

Personally kinda hate when ppl say wait for the qbs/players next year, because you never know what position you'll be in. For example had the worst record in the league this season, it would just happen because of SoS we still didn't have the number 1 pick.

MechDX

http://www.wbko.com/content/news/Witness-details-Higbee-incident-375313431.html

One witness says what he saw, but says he would like to remain anonymous because of the serious matter. The witness said words started to be exchanged between Nawaf Alsaleh and former Western Kentucky football player Tyler Higbee and Higbee's friend. He could tell there was an argument and a saw a few shoves exchanged.

"Not real hard or anything, just sort of, it didn't really even seem like a big deal," the witness said. "Even the girlfriend, the girlfriend told us 'Oh you know, they're friends they fight like this whenever they get drunk.' "

The witness says Alsaleh walked away from the group, coming back a few minutes later, with his phone out.

"Without even like a second thought, Higbee like just punched him. Just knocked him out, to the ground, one punch," the witness said.

He continued to say Higbee's girlfriend was crying over Alsaleh asking if he was okay.

"Higbee acts like he's about to leave, but then comes back and that's when he stands over the guy and he says, 'ISIS these n*** b****' a couple of times," the witness added.

The witness says he and many others saw the incident and were in shock.

Higbee has big potential at TE and some one will get him really late in the draft and if he keeps out of trouble will be a steal. :(

I believe we will add a Qb in the draft, right now I don't believe it'll be lynch.

Personally kinda hate when ppl say wait for the qbs/players next year, because you never know what position you'll be in. For example had the worst record in the league this season, it would just happen because of SoS we still didn't have the number 1 pick.
But we do though. We can look at the roster (or rather lack thereof), we are picking top 5 most likely.

If the eagles suck then top 10-15 at worst and top 5 at best. It makes sense to wait if you don't like any of the qbs in the draft which is a possibility. If they want to draft Cook or Cardale or even.. Hack (MRSA will love that), go ahead. They can look ahead and wait if they want and draft another qb if they want next year.

MechDX

Mark Daniels
‏@MarkDanielsPJ
Patriots had a private workout with slot receiver Daniel Braverman, per source.

dd8c82b1339bdb29810f6a706700489d.jpg

Short, white, shifty slot WR. hits all the checks. Someone pointed him out to me for the Texans. Its going to be fucking Lockett all over again. sigh

Floy why would you be mad if they take lynch? If I remember correctly during the season you were a fan of his. Not saying I think they'll take him, just curious.

Syrinx

MechDX

http://www.scout.com/story/1664344-...e?hootPostID=4d750c9b80b9ca36a1aeab6b73520805

What if you scooped the brains out of every NFL Draft expert’s head, transplanted them all into one super-robot cranium and asked it for a collective prediction of the 2016 Draft?
That’s the idea behind Scout’s world-famous Mock Draft Muncher, which skips the brain removal part but does tally draft experts’ rankings and gives each player a score called the Average Draft Position (ADP).
For example, Ohio State running back Ezekiel Elliott has appeared in 38 different online mock drafts, projected as high as the No. 4 pick by Fox Sports to as low as the No. 26 selection by NFLDraftFever.com, for an ADP 10.39. Which means the experts collectively project he’ll be picked close to No. 10.
An ADP doesn’t always align with team needs, so the Muncher is more useful as a “best player on the board” ranking than a team-oriented prediction.

Intesesting way of getting a consensus rating

Jordan Schultz ‏@Schultz_Report 3m3 minutes ago
As I first reported on April 14, Jared Goff is #Rams choice. The decision is now final, source confirms. #NFLDraft

Floy why would you be mad if they take lynch? If I remember correctly during the season you were a fan of his. Not saying I think they'll take him, just curious.
I'll be annoyed rather than mad if they trade up to get him and pay several picks to get him is what I mean. I'd rather save them for a bigger package deal than just moving up two spots.

If Lynch drops to 32.. I wouldn't be mad if they take him really. I like Lynch.. I want him to fall if they are high on him. I just think that there are other options next year that can be better than drafting him.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Has a player ever had fucked up knees like his coming out and somehow over come it?

The Lions drafted Ryan Broyles in 2012 in the 2nd round. He set the all time college reception record by a WR at Oklahoma. He tore his left knee ACL in college and was drafted while still rehabing his knee.

It was a high risk/high reward pick that never worked out and the injuries continued into his NFL career.

The Lions took a couple of high risk/high reward draft picks like Jahvid Best and Titus Young who were extremely talented but didn't pan out.

Jahvid Best in particular is one of the all time "what if...." NFL players who's career was cut short from concussions.

Jahvid Best's vision and burst of speed was on another realm.

Jahvid Best 75 yard TD against the Eagles in 2010.

17 Carries, 78 yards, 2 TDs
9 Receptions, 154 Yards, 1 TD

Goddamned shame he was told by doctors he couldn't play anymore.

Same with Titus Young, he was immensely talented, but couldn't hold it together.

5Q2j5gS.png

Top Bottom