• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT3| - With the 29th pick of the 2016 NFL draft...

FMT is a dad! How best to celebrate?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Oh ok, now I truly know what you look like!

dan_quayle_2.png

Come on son, I'm taller than that!

Hindl

It's my only coping mechanism. I'm afraid and excited at the same time.

I'm excited for Wentz. It's just rough cuz in a best case scenario these next two years are going to suck until he's ready. Worst case these next two years suck and then he busts

Hindl

Seriously why are people giving attention to a tweet from someone who doesn't even cover football?

Could be flacco and start off great

Wentz has too many flaws in his game for that to happen unfortunately. Starting him in his rookie season should be a last resort

MechDX

Mark CraigVerified account
‏@markcraignfl
#Vikings Spielman said he's "intrigued" after getting two calls today from teams looking to trade up to No. 23:

Very interesting since Texans pick at 22. As I said Lynch can be key here or maybe Cook

Eagles are really stupid. You don't have to put "for", it's unnecessary. Humans in general are really stupid, but Philadelphia teams and fans are definitely top 5 in sports for maximum.

Lived in that general area my whole life so far and I think the most mild thing to ever happen in that time was "give Ryan Howard one of the stupidest contracts you will ever see or hear of"

ESPN Cleveland
ESPN Cleveland – ‏@ESPNCleveland
If the #Browns take an offensive lineman in the first round, I will _______. #NFLDraft

MechDX

I don't think Lynch make it pass the Jets

I dont either sadly but if they do Washington and Houston are in prime spots at 21 and 22 for someone who wants a QB. Lynch going to the Jets could cause a run as some teams get antsy

Man, Lynch is projected as the first round now? That QB thirst is real.

Hell I have seen a couple draft people say as many as 5 QB's could go in the first. FIVE.

That 5th year option....

Brinbe

Yeah, there's been tons of respectable football that have said the Eagles love Wentz. So no L here.

And he might well be a good QB, a complete bust or something in between. No one will know for a few years at least. But guys like Mayock, Gil Brandt think highly of him and I'll take their word. Brandt tweeted this out in November lol https://twitter.com/Gil_Brandt/status/671456042673311744
Write this name down: Carson Wentz, QB, North Dakota St. This player has tremendous upside, will get draft interest, will be at @SeniorBowl.

Wentz won't get to play (broken wrist) when 4-time defending FCS champions host Montana in 2nd rd of playoffs Saturday at 3:30 p.m. ET.

Wentz suffered his injury on Oct. 17, but finished the game. In 6 games this season, he has 63.7 comp %, 16 TDs, 2 INTs.

Wentz is a big (6-6), strong guy who can also run the ball; as a junior he rushed for 642 yards and 6 TDs.

His pro day was pretty good too (which doesn't mean much) but what's done is done regarding the trade up. I hope he'll be a success.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPv6S6XnRDA

Eagles are really stupid. You don't have to put "for", it's unnecessary. Humans in general are really stupid, but Philadelphia teams and fans are definitely top 5 in sports for maximum.

Lived in that general area my whole life so far and I think the most mild thing to ever happen in that time was "give Ryan Howard one of the stupidest contracts you will ever see or hear of"
Did someone from Philly steal your fuck pillow? My god you are such a sad little person. No Phillies fans had anything to do with Ruben giving Howard that contract. Plus there have been way worse contracts in baseball.

Could be flacco and start off great

Flacco's still fine. I don't know if I'd ever go the typical route and say elite, but hopefully he bounces back from his first big injury well. Playoffs within the next two years should easily be obtainable with him still around and healthy. Who the fuck he's going to throw to is the bigger question, and to that I say give me a mil and I'll go

Mindlog

TAMPA — The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are seeing a different Jameis Winston this offseason, a Winston some barely recognize.
“He’s lost a lot of weight,’’ Evans said. “I was joking with him the other day. He took his shirt off and I was like, ‘Hey, what happened to the belly?’ He’s got a six-pack like me.’’
NH9gE7v.gif

The league aint ready, but it's happening. The new dynasty.

JABEE

I am on board for the Wentz bandwagon. I am all for his success in the National Football League.

We need for him to be the franchise QB for this team for our team to succeed.

Wentz was always the one for us.

Hindl

But that says besides Denver, the other two teams are the Browns and the Bills. And he's basing that off of their interest last year, plus the fact that they are looking at QBs in the draft. Things have obviously changed, neither the Browns or the Bills would want him, they'll just draft a rookie. And Denver isn't going to pay what the Eagles want

Edit: Already addressed

I don't think Lynch make it pass the Jets

Will Bradford be traded before Thursday or after Thursday? Do you think it depends on where Lynch falls? I mean, if the Jets reach to take Lynch in the 1st round, they have to be considering starting the guy or at least having him compete with Genolol.

That being said, if both the Jets and Broncs pass on Lynch or if someone else scoops him up before they can make a move on him, does the stock for Bradford go up?

Or should Fitz stay near his phone this w/e?

I have to admit, the QB carousel this offseason has been interesting. And the Eagles have managed to munge it up something fierce.

Nakazato

Will Bradford be traded before Thursday or after Thursday? Do you think it depends on where Lynch falls? I mean, if the Jets reach to take Lynch in the 1st round, they have to be considering starting the guy or at least having him compete with Genolol.

That being said, if both the Jets and Broncs pass on Lynch or if someone else scoops him up before they can make a move on him, does the stock for Bradford go up?

Or should Fitz stay near his phone this w/e?

I have to admit, the QB carousel this offseason has been interesting. And the Eagles have managed to munge it up something fierce.

Any smart team will wait till after the draft for Bradford (I still think Denver will be his landing spot). Fitz will bank more money from another team after the draft.

By Matt Lombardo | For NJ Advance Media
Follow on Twitter
on April 26, 2016 at 11:21 AM, updated April 26, 2016 at 12:04 PM

If Eagles Vice President of Football Operations Howie Roseman acquiesces to quarterback Sam Bradford and his agent Tom Condon's trade request, it seems the team has set a fairly high asking price for potential suitors.
"I think that they'll get inquiries," ESPN NFL insider Adam Schefter said Tuesday morning on 97.5 FM The Fanatic. "The whole thing is, what is somebody willing to pay? Philadelphia valued him at a very high number. They paid him $22 million in guaranteed money. If you go back and look at other quarterback trades, Alex Smith went for two second-round picks. Is he Alex Smith? I don't think he's been as productive as Alex Smith. He has not taken a team to the playoffs the way Alex Smith is.
"Let's say that he's worth one No. 2 pick. Is there a team that's willing to part with a second rounder? Then, will Philadelphia be willing to move him for a two? I don't think the Eagles would, to be honest with you. I think it's going to take more than that."

Tony Rizzo
Tony Rizzo – ‏@TheRealTRizzo
Hearing Miami, Buffalo, Jets and Titans have all called the Browns about #8 pick.

Cleveland radio show host for those wondering

Top Bottom