• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT3| - With the 29th pick of the 2016 NFL draft...

FMT is a dad! How best to celebrate?

Results are only viewable after voting.

MechDX

Mech, tell me why you love Wentz so much?

Yes it's kinda wierd. I feel like he just read a bunch of articles/scout reports and liked what he read......

I know he wasn't watching North Dakota games, or college football at all.......

I like to do my predict on draft day, I edit it throughout the day. This allows me to still miss on the majority of my picks, and gain a good draft postion to draft Josh Gordon in the shirtless league.

Like the way he carries himself and is a true pocket QB. Not that run around in a spread offense bullshit hoping someone gets open.

My gut feeling just says he is going to be really damn good. I don't get that feeling with Osweiler.

Tom savage is dreamy though

WedgeX

Banned
Rumors are that Suh's no-show at OTAs has basically convinced the Dolphins FO that they need to trade up to draft Zeke Elliot

They would be wise to do the opposite of the Lions.

The Lions saw the Suh train headed out of town, along with Fairley, and drafted no one.

Draft those piece now, Miami. Don't be like Martin Mayhew.

JABEE

Like the way he carries himself and is a true pocket QB. Not that run around in a spread offense bullshit hoping someone gets open.

My gut feeling just says he is going to be really damn good. I don't get that feeling with Osweiler.

Tom savage is dreamy though

I have that feeling too, Mech. I'm all in on the Wentz train.

Godslay

Banned
You're probably the Wentz expert in here haha

I'm sure Mech and plenty of others have watched enough to know he'll be good if given time to grow.

The only thing I didn't see was the meteoric rise. If I saw that coming I would have gotten us all some autographs or something.

I might join you, I'd like to call Yankee and jabee brothers.
No don't do that.
Let's join the Osweiler fan club because Mech friend doesn't believe in him. That seems like something I would do.
I'm sure Mech and plenty of others have watched enough to know he'll be good if given time to grow.

The only thing I didn't see was the meteoric rise. If I saw that coming I would have gotten us all some autographs or something.
It was wierd. I remember when we talked about him when he had some ESPN games. Talk then was he could sneak into 1st, and your were surprised by that

Bread

Banned
No don't do that.
Let's join the Osweiler fan club because Mech friend doesn't believe in him. That seems like something I would do.

It was wierd. I remember when we talked about him when he had some ESPN games. Talk then was he could sneak into 1st, and your were surprised by that
Don't worry, I'm already with mech. They're probably my 3rd team.

Godslay

Banned
No don't do that.

Yeah, I knew he had size and most of the skill, but small school QBs don't really rise like that. I knew the draft would be weak, FA would be pricey, but I didn't put two and two together to see that it would result in him going this high. It's pretty interesting and exciting for him, but it also raises the bust factor. I hope that he can handle that and at the very least be a serviceable starter.

MechDX

Don't worry, I'm already with mech. They're probably my 3rd team.

A 4 spot jump in one off season?? #Blessed

Its the chin isnt it?
o'brienx-large.jpg

If you stare at it long enough it controls you.

I'm at a bar and ESPN is on one of the TVs. They're running a mock draft. Are these jokers actually paid for this shit? They're never fucking right. Plus, there's a podium and everything.

#FreeBrady #4RingsBitches

Bread

Banned

Its the chin isnt it?
o'brienx-large.jpg

Getting super bowl winning QB Brock lobster was a coup for our Texans! I hope they draft a WR in the first round so he can recreate that Denver magic.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I keep hearing that teams are worried about Tunsil's character, but haven't heard anything concrete. Who has rumors?

wtf?

Doesn't she know that hugs cause dogs stress!? A true monster, right there.

She's cute.

But yeah I posted in that thread. I'm gonna keep hugging dogs because I'm pretty sure they're just fine.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

Its the chin isnt it?
o'brienx-large.jpg

It's like a goatse chin.

It just needs some tiny hands pulling it apart (one hand with a wedding ring of course).

You ever think that dude regretted spreading his asshole on the Internet like 15+ years ago? Just weird to think about

MechDX

Your score is: 8480 (GRADE: B-)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 28 (K.C.): Cody Whitehair, OG, Kansas State (B+)
Round 2 Pick 23 (MINN): Sterling Shepard, WR, Oklahoma (B+)
Round 2 Pick 28 (K.C.): Chris Jones, DT/DE, Mississippi State (B)
Round 3 Pick 22: Austin Hooper, TE, Stanford (A)
Round 3 Pick 23 (MINN): Joe Haeg, OT, North Dakota State (B-)
Round 4 Pick 21: Roberto Aguayo, K, Florida State (A+)
Round 4 Pick 23 (MINN): C.J. Prosise, RB, Notre Dame (A)
Round 5 Pick 20: DeAndre Houston-Carson, FS, William & Mary (B)
Round 5 Pick 21 (MINN): Glenn Gronkowski, FB, Kansas State (A+)
Round 5 Pick 27: Moritz Boehringer, WR/TE, Schwäbisch Hall Unicorns (C-)
Round 6 Pick 20: Tom Hackett, P, Utah (A+)

Another mock done. Minnesota was thirsty for Eli Apple and gave me multiple picks to trade places and fuck over the Steelers.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
They would be wise to do the opposite of the Lions.

The Lions saw the Suh train headed out of town, along with Fairley, and drafted no one.

Draft those piece now, Miami. Don't be like Martin Mayhew.

To be fair to Mayhew he did sign Haloti Ngata right after Suh decided to leave town and Tyrunn Walker.

And really, I don't think anyone predicted Aaron Donald would be as good as he is.

Suh not showing up for OTAs is something he's done in the past, I don't see the big deal.

Eleuin

It's like a goatse chin.

It just needs some tiny hands pulling it apart (one hand with a wedding ring of course).

You ever think that dude regretted spreading his asshole on the Internet like 15+ years ago? Just weird to think about
The fuck is wrong with you

To be fair to Mayhew he did sign Haloti Ngata right after Suh decided to leave town and Tyrunn Walker.

And really, I don't think anyone predicted Aaron Donald would be as good as he is.

Suh not showing up for OTAs is something he's done in the past, I don't see the big deal.

You want the guy you're paying mega bucks to be a leader on and off the field. Suh no showing OTA's demonstrates that he doesn't give a rat's ass about demonstrating leaderhip.

Serves the Dolphins right though since he pulled the same garbage in Detroit.

LJ11

Spend a second-round pick on a guy with one knee, brehs.
Honestly, he's the best player in the draft IMO. It's a fucking shame if his health sets him back.

Good sources saying Bills Offensive coaches are in love with Lynch, getting worried. I don't know enough about him, but the QB position is a financial death trap, and I think some teams would rather go nab a cost contolled QB than pay one (Tyrod). Obviously they think he can play, but makes sense financially as well.

cdyhybrid

Honestly, he's the best player in the draft IMO. It's a fucking shame if his health sets him back.
Agreed. Dunno if I'd put him over Ramsey, but he's up there. Really hard for us to know if his knee issue is actually serious with all the pre-draft misinformation floating around.

JABEE

Good sources saying Bills Offensive coaches are in love with Lynch, getting worried. I don't know enough about him, but the QB position is a financial death trap, and I think some teams would rather go nab a cost contolled QB than pay one (Tyrod). Obviously they think he can play, but makes sense financially as well.

LJ, what do you think about Goff and Wentz?

Top Bottom