• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT3| - With the 29th pick of the 2016 NFL draft...

FMT is a dad! How best to celebrate?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Striker

Pats fans thirsty for another injury bust like Easley already?
Some guys who apparently have sources (from this Giants board I frequent) say Giants number one target is Jack.

Personally, yeah he's a risk, but no more than Leonard Floyd is. And Floyd will go somewhere between 9-14, in my view.

Farooq

Banned
Listening to Seahawks draft press conference, wish the Cowboys beat reporters would ask sensible questions like Seattle's beat reporters.

Forgot about Meriweather. 3 in the past 15 years.

Perhaps it's innocuous on its own (it isn't), but let's add that to the list of failed 2nd round Patriots picks in the same time frame:

Aaron Dobson
Ras-I-Dowling
Jermaine Cunningham
Tavon Wilson
Ron Brace (RIP)
Darius Butler
Terrence Wheatley
Chad Jackson

Eh, Meriweather wasn't bad. He was a headhunter and couldn't cover for shit, but he stuck around long after we cut him.

What the hell does it matter how he performed somewhere else? Merriweather, and all the guys above never made it to a second contract with the Patriots. Most of these guys don't even have a season's worth of starts. For a high pick (1st,2nd) these are certified busts.

Fox318

Honestly, he's the best player in the draft IMO. It's a fucking shame if his health sets him back.

Good sources saying Bills Offensive coaches are in love with Lynch, getting worried. I don't know enough about him, but the QB position is a financial death trap, and I think some teams would rather go nab a cost contolled QB than pay one (Tyrod). Obviously they think he can play, but makes sense financially as well.
I could see the jets going after him.

They have the best medical team in the NFL and I think players like Brick and mangold represent that pretty well.

LJ11

Since Farooq brought up the Seahawks, I'd like to comment on Whaleys ramblings about "luck" screwing the Bills out of Newton. Well what happened with Russell Doug? A player they liked, a guy they visited with, and he fell right into their laps. Schneiders main worry was the Bills, his words not mine, Seahawks knew the Bills were hot for Russell. So instead of screwing the Seahawks the Bills screwed themselves by selecting TJ Graham. So what happened Doug? Who fucked that up? Every once in a while you get a bone throne your way, better grab that shit and run, but you didn't and here we are.

Farooq

Banned
I wish just impressed with the DL/OL conversion conversation. Better than Clarence Hill asking Jerry if he wishes he could make a splash in FA. One offers insight into the thought process of evaluation and coaching, the other is looking for clicks.

Bread

Banned
AncientBlaringFeline.gif

Boban pls

BG we gon fuck up and end up with so many picks and suddenly realize we're now in the third round.
All the picks Kave.. All of them.

I'm on mobile and was scrolling up while reading this. I was ready to post "Dammit Floy!"
What did I do?

Rumors are that Suh's no-show at OTAs has basically convinced the Dolphins FO that they need to trade up to draft Zeke Elliot
Grimchsmiling.gif

Wait...did we hire someone from the Browns FO??
Well you all almost did hire Farmer.

LJ11

I wish just impressed with the DL/OL conversion conversation. Better than Clarence Hill asking Jerry if he wishes he could make a splash in FA. One offers insight into the thought process of evaluation and coaching, the other is looking for clicks.

Watched it after you posted, really fun listen. My takeaway is how in sync these guys are, never watched a GM and Coach interact that way in public with regards to the draft. Was a fun listen, thanks for bringing it up.

Also interested in seeing what they do with Browner, they mentioned a certain roll for him. "Star" Linebacker?

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
You want the guy you're paying mega bucks to be a leader on and off the field. Suh no showing OTA's demonstrates that he doesn't give a rat's ass about demonstrating leaderhip.

Serves the Dolphins right though since he pulled the same garbage in Detroit.

Good point and point taken. I've said it before but when Suh was in Detroit he did his own thing and it bothered me somewhat. You'd see Stafford, Megatron, DeAndre Levy, Golden Tate etc. dealing with the media whereas Suh would just ignore them.

He produced on the field but when it came to meeting the Detroit local media, fundraisers, charities etc. that you want your star players attending, he never did.

Suh always seemed like he was doing his own thing and he was most of the time.

The Detroit Lions press, who are almost always fair, essentially said the same.

Granted, Suh is working out and keeping himself in top shape. I have no doubt about that.

But not showing up to OTAs, with the money hes getting paid combined with last years problems with the coaching staff he better show up when the season starts.

Pepiope

Bradford is disappointing me :(

Hopefully this gets resolved this week and he's on a new team. Best for both parties at this point.

MechDX

Bradford is disappointing me :(

Hopefully this gets resolved this week and he's on a new team. Best for both parties at this point.

No one wants him dude. Eagles wont eat 11 million dollars without ridiculous compensation and no one is giving you that ridiculous compensation.

This is a definition of a catch-22

Godslay

Banned
oh cool did you see the new Broncos revamped locker room as well?

Yeah they talked about it briefly. General public isn't allowed in.

Said that Bowlen was never big on a fancy locker room, believed that the players are paid professionals so locker room reflected that. Nice but not overdone.

New one should be nice though.

MechDX

Incarcerated Bob IBN ‏@incarceratedbob 23m23 minutes ago
**BREAKING NFL NEWS**

Jets discussions with Raiders and Titans involving Mo Wilkerson are now categorized as "SERIOUS" from Jets source.

Incarcerated Bob IBN ‏@incarceratedbob 28m28 minutes ago
Incarcerated Bob IBN Retweeted a2
Probably 2nd and 4thIncarcerated Bob IBN added,
@erie2dc
@incarceratedbob you've been saying the Raiders have been sniffing for a while, so clearly they're interested, what would it take to get MO?

A name I havent seen in a couple years.

Bread

Banned
Incarcerated Bob lmao

You're right that's a real blast from the past. Honestly really surprised he's still at it despite not breaking any news ever.

Pepiope

No one wants him dude. Eagles wont eat 11 million dollars without ridiculous compensation and no one is giving you that ridiculous compensation.

This is a definition of a catch-22
I don't believe that. He'll find a new home soon.

If he's still here at the start of the season it's because we aren't willing to let him go.

Who? There is no reason for any team to want to take Bradford especially with his contract and with what Philly wants in return. Howie and company fucked this situation up so badly that there is no winning in the end for the Eagles. There's just degrees of losing.

MechDX

Who? There is no reason for any team to want to take Bradford especially with his contract and with what Philly wants in return. Howie and company fucked this situation up so badly that there is no winning in the end for the Eagles. There's just degrees of losing.

Trust Floyd. He is a professional at knowing this

Hindl

If he's still here at the start of the season it's because we aren't willing to let him go.

There's no winning here. Denver is probably the only team that would consider him because he would only cost $7M, and the Eagles are probably going to demand too much just to make sure he doesn't leave. Emotionally and for team morale, it's probably best he gets traded. But then the Eagles take on a lot of dead money to have him play somewhere else, and maybe get back a 3rd. And considering how he's acted in all this, I doubt any team would really want him anyway.

Pepiope is that guy in college who spent 2 years trying to prove his 50% grade was actually an 80% and everyone else in the world got it wrong, not him

Bread

Banned
The eagles tried to have their cake and eat it too, now they're stuck with an over paid QB who refuses to play. Sucks to suck.

Top Bottom