• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 15 |OT| We didn't do it

The point is that Badford's ceiling is good game manager. Tell me why you get rock hard when thinking about him.

We definitely disagree about what his ceiling is. He was far more then a game manager at the start of this season, before everyone else on offense died.

John Harbaugh will probably have to hire his 7th offensive coordinator this offseason. That's why teams have to hire offensive coaches. Or they end up with junior camper OCs like LAR and BAL have suffered through

Marty Morninweg
Jim Trestman
Gary Kubiak
Jim Caldwell
Cam Cameron

These are all the OCs since Harbaugh took over. Basically all former HC retreads. I'd like to see us do what we did with Harbaugh at head coach and make a OC.

So Bradford's entire mediocre career is hand waved away with a flippant "QB winz lol". Awesome.

That mentality is why the league is so infested with mediocre QBs. Give Cutler one more year to prove himself!

Oh shit I had no idea we were talking about his entire fucking career. I thought we were talking about how well he has played this year, in a very difficult situation.

Slo

So Bradford's entire mediocre career is hand waved away with a flippant "QB winz lol". Awesome.

That mentality is why the league is so infested with mediocre QBs. Give Cutler one more year to prove himself!

Yes, there are dozens of elite QBs frozen out of the league because of the owners stubbornly refusing to give up on the mediocre ones.

Most are working as bag boys in grocery stores.

Pepiope

No popcorn needed. Pep loves everything that ownership does, I on the other hand am a bit more critical. In another year or 2 when howie and dougie are shown the door pep will agree with that and we will be in full agreement.
I don't agree with the FO all the time.

I disliked the Doug hire at first, but I was willing to give him a shot. He's been pretty good thus far.

And Howie, that God, drafted our QBOTF. He'll be here for a long time, and so will Doug if Wentz continues on his path to greatness.

WedgeX

Banned
How many former NFL players are watching GET-TV in DC that I am lucky enough to see a commercial advertising a lawsuit for former players regarding concussions?

BigAT

*grabs popcorn

tumblr_lzs5y2vaRo1rnua94o1_500.gif

I don't agree with the FO all the time.

I disliked the Doug hire at first, but I was willing to give him a shot. He's been pretty good thus far.

And Howie, that God, drafted our QBOTF. He'll be here for a long time, and so will Doug if Wentz continues on his path to greatness.

In what world has dougie been good? Eagles will have a worse record this year then last. Last year they had a terrible OL, they had Billy Davis as Dc, and the WRs lead the league in drops. This year they should be improved and yet here we are. You cant even blame it on starting a rookie since Wentz has been okay. dougie is not cut out to be an NFL HC.

Oh shit I had no idea we were talking about his entire fucking career. I thought we were talking about how well he has played this year, in a very difficult situation.
How do we parse the two? Bradford has literally NEVER shown to be anything north of mediocre. The Vikings gave up a high pick for him. However foolishly, I'm sure they are expecting more than "performing in a difficult situation!"

Yes, there are dozens of elite QBs frozen out of the league because of the owners stubbornly refusing to give up on the mediocre ones.

Most are working as bag boys in grocery stores.

Cutler was Bears QB for 8 seasons. Badfraud has now hustled 3 teams out of valuable resources for below average QB play. GM keep reading the same books that have long been written.

How do we parse the two? Bradford has literally NEVER shown to be anything north of mediocre. The Vikings gave up a high pick for him. However foolishly, I'm sure they are expecting more than "performing in a difficult situation!"

Cutler was Bears QB for 8 seasons. Badfraud has now hustled 3 teams out of valuable resources for below average QB play. GM keep reading the same books that have long been written.

Every year the praise of Bradford is "he'll be good and uninjured for a full season some day!"

Almost a full decade in, still waiting for either, yet still hearing the same praise

https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/2zltuy/offensive_and_defensive_ranks_for_superbowl/

http://www.nfl.com/superbowlchamps/defense

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-grades-and-rankings-for-the-past-10-super-bowl-champions/

Seems like the 2011 Giants won with a shitty defense and you guys have a far better offense than they did. In fact looking a little further, Saints, Colts, Packers all won with poor defense.

You have to look at the Giants defense in the playoffs that year. It was a different animal that no one here (including all Giants fans) expected.

Giants 2011 Regular Season defense:

25 PPG allowed
376.4 YPG allowed
48 Sacks (Tied for 3)
121 YPG Rushing allowed

Giants 2011 Playoff defense:

14 PPG allowed
328 YPG allowed
Sacks 11 (#2 in the post season)
111 YPG Rushing allowed

There's other differences to put in there but once the Giants hit the playoffs - the defense just started humming. Big AT is spot on though, the Giants don't even make the playoffs without Eli Manning having the season he had. The endless fourth quarter comebacks week in and week out were a thing of beauty. He continued that exceptional play through the playoffs, too.

You have to look at the Giants defense in the playoffs that year. It was a different animal that no one here (including all Giants fans) expected.

Giants 2011 Regular Season defense:

25 PPG allowed
376.4 YPG allowed
48 Sacks (Tied for 3)
121 YPG Rushing allowed

Giants 2011 Playoff defense:

14 PPG allowed
328 YPG allowed
Sacks 11 (#2 in the post season)
111 YPG Rushing allowed

There's other differences to put in there but once the Giants hit the playoffs - the defense just started humming. Big AT is spot on though, the Giants don't even make the playoffs without Eli Manning having the season he had. The endless fourth quarter comebacks week in and week out were a thing of beauty. He continued that exceptional play through the playoffs, too.

Of course and generally SB winning teams have to play good (or better) football in the playoffs to even get to the owl, there is no reason Dallas can't make a similar run though, Colts, Saints and Packers did it too and all of those are recent.

Edit: I think it would help our point if we posted a lot of gifs from the Giants two superbowl wins...both offense and defense...just flood the page with them...

Tom Penny

Of course and generally SB winning teams have to play good (or better) football in the playoffs to even get to the owl, there is no reason Dallas can't make a similar run though, Colts, Saints and Packers did it too and all of those are recent.

Edit: I think it would help our point if we posted a lot of gifs from the Giants two superbowl wins...both offense and defense...just flood the page with them...
When playoffs roll around generating turnovers > defensive rankings.

? Packers had the number 3 defense in the league their Super Bowl year.

Hindl

This is all great in hindsight, but at the time, the decision to stick with Dak was almost universally applauded.

Even Romo saw the writing on the wall and stepped down.

I know it means nothing, but several on this board, myself included, said that Dak staying in in place of Romo would be a mistake due to exactly what's happened.

In what world has dougie been good? Eagles will have a worse record this year then last. Last year they had a terrible OL, they had Billy Davis as Dc, and the WRs lead the league in drops. This year they should be improved and yet here we are. You cant even blame it on starting a rookie since Wentz has been okay. dougie is not cut out to be an NFL HC.

Lol you think this years OL is better than last years. The only significant injuries last year was hicks and Alonso for a few games. The offense looked like shit for most of the year. Meanwhile, this year the team came out on fire, until injuries and suspensions destroyed them. The eagles are on their 5th string RT, 3rd string RG, 4th string LG, have 1 RB out of 4 that is healthy, and got their nickel CB injured, forcing their elite safety to play slot corner and having the backup safety play, and their #2 CB has been hobbled all year while their #1 CB has been injured half the time. Give Doug a year where the team isn't ravaged by injuries and then we'll talk

No way Romo wouldn't have reinjured himself if he got back in. Dude has played 4 games in 2 years. He's also at the age Peyton was when he started falling apart.

That he was out a full year and played better than he ever has? So maybe Romo could too?

Romo's been out two full years. Totally different.

Just like Bradford has had at least one injury every year. There's no precedent for this kind of stuff, which is why nobody should have positive expectations for what will come next

That he was out a full year and played better than he ever has? So maybe Romo could too?

I'm sure Romo can still ball. You can't just hand wave his issues though. Let's be frank - Romo doesn't break his back and we aren't even having this conversation. Dak took the opportunity and ran with it. That's football - Romo of all people knows this since he got his chance the exact same way.

I'm sure Romo can still ball. You can't just hand wave his issues though. Let's be frank - Romo doesn't break his back and we aren't even having this conversation. Dak took the opportunity and ran with it. That's football - Romo of all people knows this since he got his chance the exact same way.

Romo's been out two full years. Totally different.

Just like Bradford has had at least one injury every year. There's no precedent for this kind of stuff, which is why nobody should have positive expectations for what will come next

Which is why I've been saying that Romo should have taken the job back the second he was healthy, you see if he can 1. hold up health wise 2. see if he still can play, if he can't you bench him permanently and ride Dak the rest of the way. They waited too long and now they can't make the switch or they'll "break the teams chemistry and daks confidence" which is a load of shit, you start the players that give you the best chance to win and that's a healthy, good, Romo. Dak hasn't been playing well the last few weeks unless all you count are #QBWinz...

If dallas really wants a chance they need to make the switch now. If he is still as good as he was and the only way to know is to throw him out there to see. I hope they fall behind to the bucs by half-time and they put him in there because they are fucking this up.

Which is why I've been saying that Romo should have taken the job back the second he was healthy, you see if he can 1. hold up health wise 2. see if he still can play, if he can't you bench him permanently and ride Dak the rest of the way. They waited too long and now they can't make the switch or they'll "break the teams chemistry and daks confidence" which is a load of shit, you start the players that give you the best chance to win and that's a healthy, good, Romo. Dak hasn't been playing well the last few weeks unless all you count are #QBWinz...

If dallas really wants a chance they need to make the switch now. If he is still as good as he was and the only way to know is to throw him out there to see. I hope they fall behind to the bucs by half-time and they put him in there because they are fucking this up.

I see through your subliminal message and I say HA

Dallas had their chance. The NFC East, the NFL, and America had their chance. Yall fucked it up, it's too late. Nintendo made The Switch now. They're getting all the bucks, not us

bionic77

Romo is a different type of qb than PeyPey.

Peyton would go down at the first sign of contact and generally stayed in the pocket. Romo is way more reckless. Ben somehow learned to curb that over the years (I think it helps that his legs are burned out) but even he can't help trying to extend plays at times when the smart thing to do is probably to go down or just throw the ball away. And Romo just gets hit very awkwardly at times. I won't say he is done but with a new and improved qb trade him to the AFC. With Romo's contract and the emergence of Dak it would be insane to keep him after the season. Jerry might just do it though. The boner pills and cocaine he is getting from Irsay seem to be making him act irrationally.

bionic77

How can you say "they can't do that" when :

1. They already did

2. They did the exact same thing with Romo to Drew Bledsoe
We can't understand Deacon.

People actually love Romo. He seems to be a good person.

We have a dirtbag qb so of course we would throw him to the road if something better came along (i.e. Tebow).

At least we can all agree on Switch. All Non-Trumpers are invited at my house for launch!

How can you say "they can't do that" when :

1. They already did

2. They did the exact same thing with Romo to Drew Bledsoe

I didn't write that very clearly, I'm implying that's what everyone is saying, that you can't make the change now or you'll ruin Daks confidence, which I think is BS, just bench his ass and he'll get over it.

Romo is a different type of qb than PeyPey.

Peyton would go down at the first sign of contact and generally stayed in the pocket. Romo is way more reckless. Ben somehow learned to curb that over the years (I think it helps that his legs are burned out) but even he can't help trying to extend plays at times when the smart thing to do is probably to go down or just throw the ball away. And Romo just gets hit very awkwardly at times. I won't say he is done but with a new and improved qb trade him to the AFC. With Romo's contract and the emergence of Dak it would be insane to keep him after the season. Jerry might just do it though. The boner pills and cocaine he is getting from Irsay seem to be making him act irrationally.

Absolutely that is part of his game but Romo can still destroy you from the pocket, especially with that oline.

I see through your subliminal message and I say HA

Dallas had their chance. The NFC East, the NFL, and America had their chance. Yall fucked it up, it's too late. Nintendo made The Switch now. They're getting all the bucks, not us

It's still hard to accept :(

bionic77

Chris its over.

Romo's time as a Cowboy is done. He had his chance. Like the PS4 and Xbone something new and improved as come to replace it.

Burying your PS4 or Tony Romo is never easy. But the Switch will be there to help comfort you and millions of other people.

Coming March, 2017. Happiness included.

Tom Penny

lol Fisher on his firing trying to justify in his head he wasn't part of the big plan anyway..not that he sucks donkey balls at coaching..

“He didn’t win enough games, and the organization has a much bigger picture,” Fisher said. “And I don’t think I was ever part of seeing the new stadium.”

Chris its over.

Romo's time as a Cowboy is done. He had his chance. Like the PS4 and Xbone something new and improved as come to replace it.

Burying your PS4 or Tony Romo is never easy. But the Switch will be there to help comfort you and millions of other people.

Coming March, 2017. Happiness included.

I lost both my QBs!!! It's not fair friend :(

DbBZ3tc.gif

Top Bottom