• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT| - Servicing Us Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

bionic77

You're good people Bionic. Go get yourself another set of Joy Cons.
I have been trying to get a pair of the neon ones and the charging thing for awhile but it has been sold out on Amazon for awhile. I have a grey one on order but I will drop that shit if I can replace it with neon as my console comes with the OG gray controllers.

JABEE

The thing that sucks the most about your team losing in the Final or Super Bowl is everyone telling you to "cheer up, you're team is young and will be back again."

This never happens. This was your only chance and your team blew it. The best advice is to avoid watching the game again and try to forget it happened.

I have not watched the 2010 Flyers playoff run since the Michael Leighton goal. I said after the game the Flyers will not return. It has been 7 years and they still have not returned to the Final or the Conference Championship. Things just happen. Each team is a new team.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I have been trying to get a pair of the neon ones and the charging thing for awhile but it has been sold out on Amazon for awhile. I have a grey one on order but I will drop that shit if I can replace it with neon as my console comes with the OG gray controllers.
That's my plan as well.

So Falcons only converted 1 third down. Maybe they should have tried some different stuff, maybe threw some screens or tried some draws.

Hindl

Only thing I'm sad about is this happened against the Falcons. It would've felt much better if it was the packers or eagles or cowboys.

Hurtful

Injuries played a big part in that for Peyton. If Brady stays healthy he could win 2 more.

Yeah I dunno. 40 seems to be the wall, Favre shows this too. But if anyone's going to break that cycle it'll be Brady

The thing that sucks the most about your team losing in the Final or Super Bowl is everyone telling you to "cheer up, you're team is young and will be back again."

This never happens. This was your only chance and your team blew it. The best advice is to avoid watching the game again and try to forget it happened.

I have not watched the 2010 Flyers playoff run since the Michael Leighton goal. I said after the game the Flyers will not return. It has been 7 years and they still have not returned to the Final or the Conference Championship. Things just happen. Each team is a new team.

God same thing with the Eagles. They haven't whiffed that success since 2004

Bread

Banned

It's sad but true. Everyone said this to the Thunder fans after they lost, and look at that team now.

MechDX

25: R1P25 S MALIK HOOKER
OHIO STATE
57: R2P25 G DAN FEENEY
INDIANA
89: R3P25 OT DION DAWKINS
TEMPLE
129: R4P24 QB NATHAN PETERMAN
PITTSBURGH
170: R5P25 TE BLAKE JARWIN
OKLAHOMA STATE
189: R6P4 OT DAN SKIPPER
ARKANSAS
246: R7P25 CB EZRA ROBINSON
TENNESSEE STATE

Floyd! The Ohio State University!!

Bread

Banned
Yeah I dunno. 40 seems to be the wall, Favre shows this too. But if anyone's going to break that cycle it'll be Brady
Favre had the shoulder injuries. Brady has stayed relatively healthy since the ACL, that's why he has played so well at this age.

spyder_ur

This is a really true statement. Shaq/Penny Magic and the Thunder come to mind. Even Kap and the 49ers a few years ago, who looked like a blooming juggernaut. That's why I do my best not to take some of these Pats performances for granted.

Little bummed the SB thread got locked (why?) as I never got a chance to post any thoughts. Don't really know where to start but a few notes:

-I gave the Pats receivers a ton of credit two years ago against the Seahawks and thought they left basically no plays on the field. That wasn't the case yesterday, particularly in the first half. They came around though.
-Trey Flowers was an absolute beast. Looking forward to watching him play for awhile, what a find.
-Those Brady throws on the OT drive were absolutely perfect. I don't know what else to say about it, other than while this wasn't his greatest performance ever and he definitely made some mistakes, for a 39 year old to take that many hits, throw 62 times, and be that good at the end of the game is absolutely incredible.
-Even while the Pats were coming back, I was convinced that Ghost's missed PAT and the BS call on the Falcons PAT was going to doom the Pats.

Good game Falcons peeps. Exciting team. I really underestimated some of your young defenders and thought they could be exposed, but those are some damn fine players.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Garrapalo is probably better than 85% of the QBs in the league. That says more about today's QBs than Garrapallo unfortunately.

MechDX

NFL teams and prospects they have visited with so far:

http://walterfootball.com/prospectMeetings/byteam

BOB: All your TE's belong to me!
C4AJWM_UcAAln_a.jpg:large

Regarding a Jimmy G trade... why on earth would an NFL team want to help the Patriots out by giving them a first round pick in the top 5, especially now? Just wait a year and Jimmy will be yours without having to give up a pick.

Duxxy3

Regarding a Jimmy G trade... why on earth would an NFL want to help the Patriots out by giving them a first round pick in the top 5, especially now? Just wait a year and Jimmy will be yours without having to give up a pick.

Assuming the Patriots don't tag him.

JABEE

I don't see what everyone else sees in Garroppolo. Not even in the some stupid team like the Browns will give up a 1st for him way either.

MechDX

That's a pretty baseless opinion. Haven't even seen the guy for a stretch in the NFL.

I would say look at the Osweiler deal but I'm pretty sure that opened a lot of eyes around the league

No one is giving up first round draft picks for him. A late second , early third at best

I don't see what everyone else sees in Garroppolo. Not even in the some stupid team like the Browns will give up a 1st for him way either.

The thought of New England getting a top 5 pick for basically nothing is scary and I hope it does not happen. Teams can't be that stupid, right?

No team will do that move. If you trade a high first and he sucks you will never live it down. Way to much risk, just draft a guy and if he sucks people will be much more understanding.

Hindl

Garappolo could turn out to be the greatest QB ever. But there's just no film on the guy at all. He's only thrown for 700 yards throughout his entire career. Anyone giving up more than a 3rd round pick would be insane

JaMarco

Regarding a Jimmy G trade... why on earth would an NFL team want to help the Patriots out by giving them a first round pick in the top 5, especially now? Just wait a year and Jimmy will be yours without having to give up a pick.
Because GMs and coaches of teams aren't butthurt sports fans. They don't give a sweet lick about how many SBs the Pats win. All they care about is saving their own jobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom