• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT| - Servicing Us Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
So I guess this is the only place we can discuss the big sporting event from last night guys

They're trying to bury Brady's legacy on GAF

bionic77

Man all of my wife's friends seem to be protesting the Trumps a few times a week. It is the one positive to come out of all of the darkness.

To distract us from the evil that surrounds all of us there are some hot NBA games tonight! Watch a diverse and open league that preaches acceptance and tolerance go get it. Tonight on TNT!

Duxxy3

Most people don't know this,
because it's bullshit
, but Nintendo is actually a subsidiary of the Kraft Group.

bionic77

The Pats lost one game since they won the election. And that first game was probably because they were hung over from the high of putting a white supremacist in the white house. After that they did not lose again.

Don't blame the Switch.

This is the Trump timeline my friends. Bad things are going to continue to happen.

Fight back. Donate to the ACLU. Get a Switch. Punch a Nazi in the face (ARMS is probably great practice for that). Shit on a Trumper. Slap that little kid with a Brady jersey when his parents are not looking. Get your racist parents to play 1 2 Switch. There is a lot you can do.

There is one thing you can't do. Don't give in. That is what they want you to do. They want you to accept this as the new normal.

Switch it up and fight back!

Tom Penny

Man all of my wife's friends seem to be protesting the Trumps a few times a week. It is the one positive to come out of all of the darkness.

To distract us from the evil that surrounds all of us there are some hot NBA games tonight! Watch a diverse and open league that preaches acceptance and tolerance go get it. Tonight on TNT!

NBA is great. Did you watch the Celtics beat the Lakers to have the all times wins record Friday?

JABEE

I won't give up.

Carson Wentz is only getting started.

ENCBhuo.jpg

He will redeem us all.

Football needs a Hero.

And we have one.

It's all going to be okay.

bionic77

NBA is great. Did you watch the Celtics beat the Lakers to have the all times wins record Friday?
I did see part of that game.

I hate the Celtics but I hate them because we have a rivalry with them and because Paul Pierce is a stupid ass biiiiiiiitch. But its not the same as with the Trumps.

As far as I know the Celtics, beyond being stupid bitches, are not Trumpers and are as inclusive and accepting as any other team in the NBA. So while I hate to see them win against us it is not the same as seeing the Trumps succeed. That shit actually hurts. I am becoming numb to it but as more time passes I get angrier at Trump supporters.

For me I fucking love every time Pop, Kerr, etc. get up there and rip on Trump. I know the demographics are different and that if you watch the NBA you are probably not a shithead racist Trump supporter to begin with so they don't have as much to lose as with the NFL, but man fuck that shit. Stand up against this bullshit or I am going to remember that you supported this shit and I am not in a forgiving mood.

To summarize. Fuck the NFL. Get on board the Switch train!

So Blindside might be dead and Remmers hopefully walks in free agency.

Any big guys in here want to try out for offensive tackle for the Carolina Panthers?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
There's so many catastrophically bad O-Lines out there right now. Seattle, Detroit, Minnesota, the Panthers are a distant fourth and they're just bad.

bionic77

I hope more people skip it. That also took a lot of guts to say that in the NFL. You know the league and ownership will never support you when people start shitting on you for taking up a cause like BLM.

Speaking of bravery, this is how Tommy handled the very tough question of whether or not he actually called to congratulate Drumpf on his win:

"I have called him, yes, in the past," he said. "Sometimes he calls me. Sometimes I call him. But, again, that's been someone I've known. I always try to keep it in context because for 16 years you know someone before maybe he was in the position that he was in. He's been very supportive of me for a long time. It's just a friendship. I have a lot of friends. I call a lot of people."

He calls a lot of people...

Hindl

There's so many catastrophically bad O-Lines out there right now. Seattle, Detroit, Minnesota, the Panthers are a distant fourth and they're just bad.

It's not getting better either. OL talent coming out of college has really dropped off

Big-E

I think Tom supports Trump out of free will, but it wouldn't surprise me if Trump has video of Tom in those early years when he wasn't as famous doing some compromising things.

I hope more people skip it. That also took a lot of guts to say that in the NFL. You know the league and ownership will never support you when people start shitting on you for taking up a cause like BLM.

Speaking of bravery, this is how Tommy handled the very tough question of whether or not he actually called to congratulate Drumpf on his win:

He calls a lot of people...

How many of those people who he calls are racist shitbags trying to destroy America? My god brady is the fucking worst.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Danny Amendola is a fucking baller

Was talking about this with some friends. His pats career had been a huge bust up until the 2014 SB post season. Since then he has made so many clutch plays for us.

I don't even know what to say this morning.

I had been listening to Atlanta sports radio every day on the way to and from work over the previous two weeks, watched and read every Super Bowl-related thing I could get my hands on, just doing everything I could to soak it in. I got my schedule changed so that I could be off from work for the Super Bowl, then I worked a night shift (8pm-8am) in the ICU the night before the Super Bowl, then drove straight from the hospital to the airport in the morning and flew down to Atlanta to watch the game with my family. I was dead tired, but excited as hell at the same time to have this opportunity, and I wasn't going to miss it.

But that loss last night was the most Atlanta thing ever. Even when we were up 28-3 and some people at our Super Bowl party were proclaiming the game over, I didn't assume anything and kept my emotions in check because I know better as an Atlanta sports fan. Hell, that's a big reason why I rarely post during games.

I'm just completely spent. I've been through so many disappointments as an Atlanta sports fan over the years, but this is easily the saddest moment of all. The car ride back home was absolutely miserable. The Falcons hosts on the radio sounded like they were on the verge of tears.

This is going to hurt for a long long time.

I hate sports for this reason :(. Tyree helmet catch, manningham magic, and I thought I was experiencing it again when the Seahawks were on the 1. Still have the image of Ron attest draining those 3s in the 4th quarter of game 7 in 09. It eventually goes away. Just go on a media blackout for a while.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I did see part of that game.

I hate the Celtics but I hate them because we have a rivalry with them and because Paul Pierce is a stupid ass biiiiiiiitch. But its not the same as with the Trumps.

As far as I know the Celtics, beyond being stupid bitches, are not Trumpers and are as inclusive and accepting as any other team in the NBA. So while I hate to see them win against us it is not the same as seeing the Trumps succeed. That shit actually hurts. I am becoming numb to it but as more time passes I get angrier at Trump supporters.

For me I fucking love every time Pop, Kerr, etc. get up there and rip on Trump. I know the demographics are different and that if you watch the NBA you are probably not a shithead racist Trump supporter to begin with so they don't have as much to lose as with the NFL, but man fuck that shit. Stand up against this bullshit or I am going to remember that you supported this shit and I am not in a forgiving mood.

To summarize. Fuck the NFL. Get on board the Switch train!

So many reasons why the NBA is just so good. Yes you have to "deal" with something like Lebron complaining about getting more playmakers but I'll take that every day of the week to hear Pop/Kerr/Stan Van rip on Trump and the stupidity going on in America right now.

Bionic not sure if you saw my boy Kyle Lowry got asked about the immigration ban and he responded with "it's bullshit".

BG and Kave bring him home

Joe Thomas just tweeted this about it:

If you don't like football, it doesn't matter how talented you are, your star will burn out quick.

JABEE

Surprised by the Gilbert move. The 2014 Browns draft may be the worst of all time.

Here's a rundown of the Browns 2014 draft picks

Round 1, Pick 8: Justin Gilbert, CB, Oklahoma State

After trading back from No. 4 to No. 9, the Browns then moved up to No. 8 to select the big defensive back.

Round 1, Pick 22: Johnny Manziel, QB, Texas A&M

The Browns made one of the biggest moves of the draft when they traded up from No. 26 to select Manziel with the 22nd pick.

Round 2, Pick 35: Joel Bitonio, OL, Nevada

Some thought the Browns would go receiver here, but instead they opted for Bitonio, a versatile lineman who can play either tackle or guard.

Round 3, Pick 71: Christian Kirksey, LB, Iowa

The Browns went with the speedy outside linebacker from Iowa with their first pick of the third round.

Round 3, Pick 94: Terrance West, RB, Towson

West is a bruiser who scouts think can wear defenses down with his running ability.

Round 4, Pick 126: Pierre Desir, CB, Lindenwood

Desir was named the best small school defensive back in 2013, using his length to shut down receivers at the Division II level.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2014/05/get_to_know_the_cleveland_brow.html

Sammy Watkins was taken with the 4th pick. Khalil Mack with the 5th pick.

This is what gives me hope for the Eagles more than anything else. The Browns always mess up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom