• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT| - Servicing Us Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Isn't Joel Bitonio a stud?

Bitonio and Kirksey are basically the only good out of that draft.

Bitonio has had some injuries the last 2 seasons but when he is in has been solid as fuck.

Kirksey had a break out year this year. Really putting it together.

bionic77

So many reasons why the NBA is just so good. Yes you have to "deal" with something like Lebron complaining about getting more playmakers but I'll take that every day of the week to hear Pop/Kerr/Stan Van rip on Trump and the stupidity going on in America right now.

Bionic not sure if you saw my boy Kyle Lowry got asked about the immigration ban and he responded with "it's bullshit".
Yeah it is just fucking hard to support football these days because of the times we live in. We are not fucking asking you to take a stand on minimum wage, higher taxes on the wealthy, etc.

This is some pretty basic simple shit about human dignity and the freedoms we have come to expect for everyone in modern society. And most of the fucks in the NFL either support Trump loudly or can't take a stand on this shit. Fuck them all.

Good on Lowry and honestly even Lebron as whiny as he can be takes real stands on social issues. Our boy did stump for Hillary.

Fuck a football and get a Switch. Zelda is going to fill the role of football and take our mind off of the horrible and shitty world we live in. At least for those lucky enough to have pre-ordered the Switch. The rest of all you all better just use a lot of drugs and pretend that Horizon is Zelda.

JaMarco

Bitonio and Kirksey are basically the only good out of that draft.

Bitonio has had some injuries the last 2 seasons but when he is in has been solid as fuck.

Kirksey had a break out year this year. Really putting it together.
So they got a starting G and a starting LB, nowhere near a disaster draft. Teams have had drafts where they've gotten absolutely nothing.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
My god what a dumpster fire that is.

When can we start talking about Watkins in huge mistake territory? Tons of wr taken after him who have out performed and can actually stay on the field.

Edit-
Yeah it is just fucking hard to support football these days because of the times we live in. We are not fucking asking you to take a stand on minimum wage, higher taxes on the wealthy, etc.

This is some pretty basic simple shit about human dignity and the freedoms we have come to expect for everyone in modern society. And most of the fucks in the NFL either support Trump loudly or can't take a stand on this shit. Fuck them all.

Good on Lowry and honestly even Lebron as whiny as he can be takes real stands on social issues. Our boy did stump for Hillary.

Fuck a football and get a Switch. Zelda is going to fill the role of football and take our mind off of the horrible and shitty world we live in. At least for those lucky enough to have pre-ordered the Switch. The rest of all you all better just use a lot of drugs and pretend that Horizon is Zelda.

Yeah Bron took a hard stance on Brady's goat status last night, you should check it out.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
So they got a starting G and a starting LB, nowhere near a disaster draft. Teams have had drafts where they've gotten absolutely nothing.

That would be the Browns 2013 draft under Joe Banner and Mike Lombardi.

Barkevious Mingo
Leon McFadden
Jamoris Slaughter
Armonty Bryant
Garrett Gilkey

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
So many reasons why the NBA is just so good. Yes you have to "deal" with something like Lebron complaining about getting more playmakers but I'll take that every day of the week to hear Pop/Kerr/Stan Van rip on Trump and the stupidity going on in America right now.

The main issue with the NBA is how super top-heavy the championships have been. Here's the top 10 list:

sXixMPy.png

After that are 9 teams tied for 1 title each, the most recent ones being the Cavs this past season and then the Mavs from 2011. The rest of the teams with just 1 title are from 1979 and older.

bionic77

Yeah Bron took a hard stance on Brady's goat status last night, you should check it out.
No thanks.

But I do suggest you check out the fuhrers thought on his best friends Belicheat, Brady and Kraft.

Thats love if I have ever seen it. Goes both ways I am sure.

WedgeX

Banned
The main issue with the NBA is how super top-heavy the championships have been. Here's the top 10 list:

sXixMPy.png

After that are 9 teams tied for 1 title each, the most recent ones being the Cavs this past season and then the Mavs from 2011. The rest of the teams with just 1 title are from 1979 and older.

If it weren't for the Lions, Detroit would have teams represented in 4/4 in the top 10 lists of each major sports championships.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

sXixMPy.png

And yet it keeps getting more and more popular.

My only beef with people are acting as if this is a sudden trend that the NBA hasn't been top heavy except since Lebron ascending to the top.

sXixMPy.png

Lakers have lost almost as many as the Celtics have won

#DaBest
#GoLakers
#Finsup

I just heard Dan Quinn talking about the Super Bowl saying that even when the Falcons were up 25 in the second half they knew it was going to come down to the final possession why why did you do that why did it have to come down to the final possession

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I don't see what everyone else sees in Garroppolo. Not even in the some stupid team like the Browns will give up a 1st for him way either.

Jabee we rarely agree, but I'm 100% with you on this. People call him the next a rod or Steve young... Wtf has he done? He had one great half, and played mediocre against a poor cardinals team. I see him as the next Kevin kolb. His ceiling is somebody like cousins.

Hindl

I just heard Dan Quinn talking about the Super Bowl saying that even when the Falcons were up 25 in the second half they knew it was going to come down to the final possession why why did you do that why did it have to come down to the final possession

Everything else is irrelevant. They got to the pats 22 with 3:28 left up by a score and decide to pass twice. Don't even run just fucking kneel twice and kick the FG

Is anyone listening to Bomani Jones on ESPN Radio? Dude is going all in the ass of Falcons fans like I have never heard anyone go after a fan base before.

Everything else is irrelevant. They got to the pats 22 with 3:28 left up by a score and decide to pass twice. Don't even run just fucking kneel twice and kick the FG
So true. The radio out here had 3 guys discussing the game and they all said that is on matt Ryan. They said he has been in the league long enough to be allowed to audible and he should have understood the situation and gone to a run play regardless of what was called.

The fact the Brady now has a ring for every finger on his right hand makes me want to vomit.

At least there is some comfort in knowing my Giants were the one team the Pats were never able to beat in the Super Bowl. Very little comfort though.

I feel sick.

JABEE

Jabee we rarely agree, but I'm 100% with you on this. People call him the next a rod or Steve young... Wtf has he done? He had one great half, and played mediocre against a poor cardinals team. I see him as the next Kevin kolb. His ceiling is somebody like cousins.

Kevin Kolb almost returned the 3rd overall pick before the lockout happened. The Eagles would have drafted Patrick Peterson. Instead they received a 2nd round pick and DRC.

Crazy return from a crazy team.

Hindl

So true. The radio out here had 3 guys discussing the game and they all said that is on matt Ryan. They said he has been in the league long enough to be allowed to audible and he should have understood the situation and gone to a run play regardless of what was called.

Actually you're right. I was all about blaming Shanny (who deserves a ton of blame) but Ryan has been in the league for 8 years now. He was the league MVP and played like it for most of that game. He should've had the confidence and ability to take the reigns at the end

Matt Ryan looked scared at the end

He knew he was about to choke away the biggest game ever

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Kevin Kolb almost returned the 3rd overall pick before the lockout happened. The Eagles would have drafted Patrick Peterson. Instead they received a 2nd round pick and DRC.

Crazy return from a crazy team.

That's why I never rule anything out when it comes to trades. Lots of stupid GM's in the league.

MechDX

Kyle is a disciple of Kubiak. Kubiaks offense doesnt allow the QB to truly audible to a completely different play. Have to wonder if Kyle has the same type of thinking

One reason Osweiler looked better in Kubiaks offense because it is simple for a QB to run and have success in. BOB runs the E&P offense that has a lot of checks and the QB has to have some intelligence to decipher it all before the snap

JABEE

I think yesterday was the greatest time management blunder in Super Bowl history.

This is coming from an Eagles fan. After the Julio Jones catch, the game was over with two kneels downs and a field goal.

Or watch the game clock and leave extra time on the clock..

Shanny fucked up and deserves the lion's share.. but Ryan deserves his bit of the blame.

I think yesterday was the greatest time management blunder in Super Bowl history.

This is coming from an Eagles fan. After the Julio Jones catch, the game was over with two kneels downs and a field goal.
Set it up with some runs, short passes, something..

The last thing you do.. is take the sack and take you out of field goal range.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Kyle is a disciple of Kubiak. Kubiaks offense doesnt allow the QB to truly audible to a completely different play. Have to wonder if Kyle has the same type of thinking

One reason Osweiler looked better in Kubiaks offense because it is simple for a QB to run and have success in. BOB runs the E&P offense that has a lot of checks and the QB has to have some intelligence to decipher it all before the snap

He stares down receivers whenever he checks. It's exactly the wrong QB for the system. It would only be worse with Chip Kelly unless they just ran the option every single play.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Matt Ryan looked scared at the end

He did and I was shocked how many were defending him saying it wasn't on him. The massive sack to knock them out of easy fg range, the strip sack, and the final drive of regulation, checking down over the middle of the field... What were they thinking? No timeouts because of horrible management and a terrible challenge.

Hindl

Yeah I was thinking even Andy couldn't mess that up

JABEE

The Falcons were not only passing, but they were running hurry-up and snapping the ball with 20 seconds left on the playclock in the 4th quarter.

MechDX

Houston media going in on Shannahan for it. Wondering why he didnt run the Kubiak Special: draw play up the gut! Even when it was what, 3rd down and 18?, run the draw and kick the 50 something yard FG

JABEE

He did and I was shocked how many were defending him saying it wasn't on him. The massive sack to knock them out of easy fg range, the strip sack, and the final drive of regulation, checking down over the middle of the field... What were they thinking? No timeouts because of horrible management and a terrible challenge.

They spiked the ball saving the Pats another timeout to bring them to third down with 18 seconds left. Giving the Pats the ball back with 11 seconds.

JaMarco

The fact the Brady now has a ring for every finger on his right hand makes me want to vomit.

At least there is some comfort in knowing my Giants were the one team the Pats were never able to beat in the Super Bowl. Very little comfort though.

I feel sick.
The even tougher part for you guys is it looks like he's not going anywhere anytime soon either. He could win 1 or 2 more before it's over.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
They spiked the ball saving the Pats another timeout to bring them to third down with 18 seconds left. Giving the Pats the ball back with 11 seconds.

Even worse Matt Ryan threw a duck that was a hair away from a pick which would've saved 8 seconds giving them a shot at getting in fg range.

The even tougher part for you guys is it looks like he's not going anywhere anytime soon either. He could win 1 or 2 more before it's over.
lulz

Father time is undefeated, bro. This was it.

Anyway, fuuuuuuck the Falcons. Brady ties Starr's record? Fuck that shit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom