• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT| - Servicing Us Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterGAF

Banned
Father time will win one day. Eventually the Sun will engulf the Earth and all will end. But there's plenty of time between now and then for Brady to win one or two more rings.

Line_HTX

Kyle Shanahan is going to make a game management blunder for the 49ers in Week 1. Those questions are gonna get bigger and bigger.

Bread

Banned
Favre was good at 40. And basically retired when he hit 41.

Brady's gonna have to load up on the PEDs (assuming he isn't already?) if he wants to keep getting up from hits.
Favre had serious shoulder injuries towards the end of his career. If Brady keeps throwing the ball away and turtling on sacks he should be ok.

Not with capers and that defense
In Capers' defense.. they were starting 5th string corners against Atlanta..

Shit happens.. it's hard to make the Super Bowl, let alone win.. and the Packers struggles in the season happened because Rodgers was playing like shit.

Could they fire Don.. sure.. at worst, they are getting a guy that's of the same caliber of coordinator as Don.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Favre had serious shoulder injuries towards the end of his career. If Brady keeps throwing the ball away and turtling on sacks he should be ok.

Maybe I remember it wrong, but I don't think his shoulder was the issue, wasn't it his ankle?

Sanjuro

My victory Troegs.

LJmAyye.jpg

tyvis powell. Don't say I never did anything for you Floy boi.
He's not Malik..

But that takes draft picks.

How can we draft defensive tackles that never see the field or 7'3" wide receivers that can't run routes if we don't have draft picks? Riddle me that Fl
But riddle me this.. unless you want to draft Ramzcyk or Robinson (who are definitely not worth firsts, but will be taken anyway because the Oline thirst),

Joe is your best bet to keeping Cam alive. Write Getts a sternly worded letter or something.

Maybe I remember it wrong, but I don't think his shoulder was the issue, wasn't it his ankle?
Back and ankle, I believe.

Speaking of wide receivers, Cam needs a Handsome Jules or Chris Hogan type to throw to. You know, one of those real scrappy, real shifty, deceptively fast, somehow always open types.

We have Brenton Bersin still but...he's Brenton Bersin.

Brenton Bersin will probably be cut this year, end up on the Pats, and then have a 7 REC/120YD/2TD game in the playoffs smh

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Speaking of wide receivers, Cam needs a Handsome Jules or Chris Hogan type to throw to. You know, one of those real scrappy, real shifty, deceptively fast, somehow always open types.

We have Brenton Bersin still but...he's Brenton Bersin.

Brenton Bersin will probably be cut this year, end up on the Pats, and then have a 7 REC/120YD/2TD game in the playoffs smh

I know EXACTLY what you're getting it with words like scarppy and shifty

undersized and drafted in late rounds right?

Edit- also posting about news I read last night that was troubling. I go on a media blackout if the pats get in the Superbowl the 2 weeks leading up. I just read that Teddy Bridgewater is likely out next season? If true that's awful, his career is likely never going to get back on track.

Sanjuro

Xia, can I make a new Patriots thread in the OT?

I'll just put "No Trump Talk" in the title. It's going to be a tremendous success. Believe me.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Favre was good at 40. And basically retired when he hit 41.

Brady's gonna have to load up on the PEDs (assuming he isn't already?) if he wants to keep getting up from hits.

Without looking, I think Favre and Manning both took way more hits over their careers right?

Favre got straight up murdered several times in his career but always got back up.

Edit: wow Peyton only took 300 or so sacks his whole career. Favre took the most with a little over 500 and Brady is sitting at a little over 400.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Without looking, I think Favre and Manning both took way more hits over their careers right?

Favre got straight up murdered several times in his career but always got back up.

Edit: wow Peyton only took 300 or so sacks his whole career. Favre took the most with a little over 500 and Brady is sitting at a little over 400.

Manning had insane o lines all career and protected himself better as well. That being said his case was unique with the neck injuries.

The only thing I can see with Brady is his monk like diet may be able to keep him going a few more years. Well see, my expectations are fully in check. Honestly cannot believe he got the 5th when he did.

Tannehill has 213 in 5 years....

We can harangue him on PSN to get back here

I rarely even play anymore :(

Man God

Non-Canon Member
He came back better than ever two years ago. People were half right about him for years, his accuracy on passes 30 yards out was garbage to go along with garbage deep receivers. He's fixed that.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Tannehill has 213 in 5 years....

I rarely even play anymore :(

213?

He's not gonna make it to 35

Rodgers has had 341 in basically 9 years starting so....

:(

But that probably counts running out of bounds for a short loss when he rolls out and doesn't find anything so...eh

Man God

Non-Canon Member
He's on the Carr the Elder timetable of getting knocked out of his cleats.

He doesn't flinch though unless it happens like five times a game though, what a trooper.

Luck is probably up there as well.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
He came back better than ever two years ago. People were half right about him for years, his accuracy on passes 30 yards out was garbage to go along with garbage deep receivers. He's fixed that.

The front office fixed that. Everybody called it garbage excuses, but he was throwing deep balls to absolute trash for years. Corpse of galloway, Sam Aiken, Brandon Lloyd, corpse of ochocinco, stanbeck, Matthew slater, Taylor price, Brandon Tate, tiquan Underwood, Dobson, the list goes on. I will say after the knee injury his accuracy to a big hit overall, but once he got half decent threats downfield, he put it back together. He threw some ridiculously nice dimes to Hogan this season.

We need to have an all you can eat wings NFL GAf meetup.

Maybe on the Switch release date.

Speaking of that are any of pats had going to the parade tomorrow? I'll be there for sure, this may be the last one for who knows how long. Been so fortunate to have bill and Tom, but the clock is ticking so I'm gonna soak it all in.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
213?

He's not gonna make it to 35

Rodgers has had 341 in basically 8 years starting so....

:(

But that probably counts running out of bounds for a short loss when he rolls out and doesn't find anything so...eh

Russell is up to 205 plus deep playoff runs I'm sure he's taken a ton. Mobile guys tend to take more hits when trying to extend plays. Doesn't help Russell has been playing behind a bunch of highschool quality lineman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom