• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT| - Servicing Us Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMczaf

you are the man

always and 4ev

I got you fam

bidenpoint.gif

"I think the toughest one – I haven't told this yet to the media – all my kids took it really well," Lynch said. "They were shocked but they took it really well. My 9-year-old started ballin' and she's not that girl. She's the one that was always happy and she was crying and I said, 'What's wrong Leah? Is there some nervous anxiety about moving?' And she said, 'No daddy,' and she was sobbing. And I said, 'What's wrong?' And she said, 'The 49ers are horrible.'

Yeeeeap

I have never done either of these things.

Are you using excel?

[(effective Capital gains tax percentage*taxable income]+(other fees)]

I don't know what your model looks like. Apply this to each investment and quantity of shares.

I'm providing as much help as your teammate.

We're using Matlab and STATA, problem is, we're working with 40k assets, so it needs to be fully automated, because otherwise it's impossible.

Are we talking Excel "code" or real coding like C++ and C#?

Matlab "coding" guess it's not "real" coding, but it's difficult enough for me :(

Did someone say MATLAB?

*triggered*

*Insert montage of Grover Cleveland spending way too many late nights doing engineering assignments in MATLAB instead of drinking copious amounts of liquor and indulging girls with loose shirts and looser morals like a regular college kid*

btw, don't ask me for help because I promptly forgot ALL of that shit the second the classes I needed it for were over.

WedgeX

Banned
We're using Matlab and STATA, problem is, we're working with 40k assets, so it needs to be fully automated, because otherwise it's impossible.

Matlab "coding" guess it's not "real" coding, but it's difficult enough for me :(

STATA is currently the bane of my existence. Beta hats and regressions until I can't see the horizon anymore.

SPSS was so easy.

BigAT

You know what. Buckle up motherfuckers. Executive decision.
11:25 AM. John Wick 2. Rally the squad. Free lunch cordials.

Saw it last night. Can't believe they turned him into a pacifist that solves his problems with calm discourse instead of guns. It was a real departure from the first one.

Hindl

Nioh is pretty good

It must be sold out everywhere. I watched some videos and decided to get it on Tuesday, but I go online, and Amazon says it's going to ship in 1-2 months. And Best Buy didn't have it in a store within 230 miles of me. Best Buy is shipping it direct to me, but it still won't even ship till next week

BigAT

Watching movies at 11:30 in the morning on a Friday?

How ancient are you people?

One day you'll learn that mornings are the ideal time to go to the movie theater. Less of those punk teens around to ruin it for you.

Sunday morning is pretty much the GOAT time to go see a movie honestly.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
One day you'll learn that mornings are the ideal time to go to the movie theater. Less of those punk teens around to ruin it for you.

If you've got a nice theater that does a Tuesday matinee for much cheaper that's my ideal.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

It's called reserved seating at the nice theater!

If I'm even more worried, I go to the table service theater where it's 21+

tmdorsey

ATL re-signed Eric Weems. I'm convinced dude has dirt on a higher up within the organization, because he should've been cut/fired the SECOND the SB was over.

If he's returning kickoffs and punts in 2017, I swear to god....

Watch the all-22 footage and you will see on the key plays there were players open, but matty...

From what I remember Ryan had like 500ms to get the ball off. If Freeman just chips Hightower a little bit...

Got-fucking-damnit! Alright, back in the darkness I go.

bionic77

Watching movies at 11:30 in the morning on a Friday?

How ancient are you people?
Mornings is when shit get done.

The weird thing to me is people who want dinner with their movie. I go to the movies to watch the fucking movie on a giant ass screen with kick ass sound. I don't want to be distracted by a 2nd rate chicken sandwich. There must be a market for this shit though because these movie theaters that serve dinner are popping up everywhere.

Jarnet87

John Wick 2 is not playing at the local upscale theater, instead they are showing Lego Batman and all day screenings of 50 Shades 2. I guess I will wait for home ppv

MechDX

Pride Of Detroit ‏@PrideOfDetroit 1h1 hour ago
More
Pride Of Detroit Retweeted Pride Of Detroit
Most shocking stat: Since 1999, the #Texans have more rushing yards than #Lions. The Texans have only been around since 2002.

:jnc

But who needs to run when you have the greatest QB between 26-28 in the past 10 years right?

Tom Penny

If Falcons fans thought their 28-3 lead was safe in Super Bowl LI, it’s easy to see why: Leads that big have been safe 99.8 percent of the time in NFL history.

According to the Elias Sports Bureau, prior to Super Bowl LI teams leading by 25 or more points at any time in any NFL game were 2,545-4-2 in the regular season and 102-2 in the postseason. Add it up and only six times in 2,655 games, or 0.2 percent of the time, has a team come back from a 25-point deficit to win a game.

Great+balls+of+fire_f53b97_5123427.gif

MechDX

http://www.scout.com/nfl/texans/story/1753967-41-51-51-things-we-learned-about-texans

Multiple Texans defenders throughout the week have mentioned that they know J.J. Watt is the biggest piece of the puzzle to the defense, despite boasting the top defense in the NFL during his absence. Watt's game changing presence was missed and key veterans know how much better they can be with him.

Jadeveon Clowney, J.J. Watt, and Whitney Mercilus at different times this week, talked about a defense that will have all three players in it, healthy and ready to go. All three are looking forward to that time on the field together, which is a far cry from where they were as a group two seasons ago. All three have embraced each other better and it is clear with their words over the past week.

Man.....a man can imagine what the possibilities are.

Over a week, the one thing said by many about the Texans is that they are literally one quarterback away from getting over the hump. Analysts, reporters, current and former players like the roster for the Texans but can't shake the quarterback issue. The game the Texans put up against the New England Patriots in the playoffs caught some attention and made most realize that the Texans have some players who can turn it up in a hurry.
Just a quarterback away.

Then reality dick slaps you in the face. :(

"I think the toughest one -- I haven't told this yet to the media -- all my kids took it really well," Lynch said. "They were shocked but they took it really well. My 9-year-old started bawling, and she's not that girl. She's the one that was always happy. And she was crying, and I said, 'What's wrong Leah? Are you afraid? Is there some nervous anxiety about moving?' And she said, 'No daddy,' and she was sobbing. And I said, 'What's wrong?' And she said, 'The 49ers are horrible.' So, I said, 'Well, I think that's why they hired your daddy."

:jnc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom