• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT| - Servicing Us Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fantomex

Watching movies at 11:30 in the morning on a Friday?

How ancient are you people?

See Grover. You young thundercats got it all backwards.

You show up late for work
Show up early for Jordans
Stay up late to watch movies
Show up early to a date
Don't vote
Vent on twitter
Buy an Xbone
Disregard the switch
Buy a console to play backwards compatible games
Hate on a gaming console for not having an internet browser

There is a pattern of failure that your generation exudes. And I am here to let you know, It's not right.

Duxxy3

I'd rather have Davis than Williams, and Cook lasts until 48? Shit I'd be thrilled if Watt fell to the Eagles 2nd but if Cook is there I'm grabbing him.

Wait and Fournette lasts to the 2nd? This is crazy

There's no chance that Fournette or Cook slide out of the first round. Unless they murder somebody.

Insert Patriots joke here

MechDX

Is Jeff Risdon a wizard or a moron, what an interesting mock.

Jeff is a good guy and great follow on twitter but yeah, mock drafts between now and the combine are crazy. Then between the combine and the actual draft they get even more outrageous. It gives us stuff to talk about during slow times in the league.

Only take 3 mocks serious: right after the season ends, right after the combine and free agency and the week leading up to the draft. The rest is filler

gutshot

C4UxNoiW8AIVJcA.jpg:large

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Jeff is a good guy and great follow on twitter but yeah, mock drafts between now and the combine are crazy. Then between the combine and the actual draft they get even more outrageous. It gives us stuff to talk about during slow times in the league.

Only take 3 mocks serious: right after the season ends, right after the combine and free agency and the week leading up to the draft. The rest is filler

The Jets taking a TE that's not the consensus no.1 player left on the board is a ridiculous notion.

That and basically the entire draft's QBs going in round one when a lot of scouts think that the entire class is 2nd/3rd rounders at best.

MechDX

The Jets taking a TE that's not the consensus no.1 player left on the board is a ridiculous notion.

That and basically the entire draft's QBs going in round one when a lot of scouts think that the entire class is 2nd/3rd rounders at best.

It happens almost every year. Teams reach for QB's because they either need one desperately, have a need coming real soon or they just want that 5th year option.

Its not that far fetched

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It happens almost every year. Teams reach for QB's because they either need one desperately, have a need coming real soon or they just want that 5th year option.

Its not that far fetched

I know but the QBs this year look awful. The best of them aren't accurate throwers and can't read a defense yet, i.e. projects.

Jarnet87

ben-roethlisberger-douche.jpg

While this may not technically be a mullet it embodies the spirit of a mullet, and thus it was quickly exiled by Ben for fear of ruining his career.

MechDX

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...l-offseason-ten-actually-interesting-subplots

What becomes of Jimmy G?: With Tom Brady primed to play another 12 seasons in New England, backup Jimmy Garoppolo has emerged as trade bait for the rich-get-richer Patriots. It's worth noting that Shanahan reportedly valued Jimmy G as the draft's second-best quarterback behind Derek Carr in 2014. The Niners would face competition, though, with the Bears, Saints and Browns all reportedly interested in swapping for the fourth-year signal-caller. With just two starts to his name, Garoppolo has proven little in the NFL. Still, any trade scenario would likely include a big-money contract extension, putting plenty of pressure on the coach who inherits him.

Does every article about Jimmys potential landing spot just randomly add another team? AT this rate every team including the Pats will be trying to trade for him by the time free agency hits

Man God

Non-Canon Member
His accuracy and slow decision make worry me.

On the other hand he has a cannon for an arm, he runs well and he's a load to take down.

That's why I find these rumors questionable. Right now I'd put him in the same category of the rest of the non Jimmy G Brady backups. Unknown.

He did look fantastic on that one run against the Texans though!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPu8uUB-774

Reminder that the Pats have one of the few good Future Shock jerseys.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
He looked ok in relief of Jimmy G in the Dolphins game and played it pretty safe against the Texans.

He did miss a couple of wide open receivers to stop it from being a historic blowout, not bad for only one short week taking reps as the starter. It was the Buffalo game that really stopped anyone talking about him.

Is this the NHL thread as that is some mighty fine Hockey Hair.

Wait isn't that Jagr?!?

Yup.

Won't everyone be in for a surprise when they find out Jacoby Brissett is secretly better than Jimmy.

Belichick, like all coaches, values being able to follow instructions over all else. The lack of pride is why Brady is so great - (been in the league for almost 2 decades and still follows instructions from an OC, meanwhile you hear every season about how Ben is a "big boy" and can call his own plays.)

The possibility is strong that Brissett is better at that than Garroppolo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom