• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT| - Servicing Us Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I was wishing for snow after moving to St Louis

We've had a grand total of maybe an inch of actual snow all winter after the dusting we had a few days ago. There was also a popup ice storm one Friday in December and that was it. Apparently I'm the Floyd of weather where I get the opposite of what I want.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
A really good article on PrideOfDetroit about how bad the Detroit Lions run game has been since 1999 or when Barry Sanders.

The Top 5 Teams Rushing Overall since 1999:

1.) Minnesota Vikings
2.) Denver Broncos
3.) Pittsburgh Steelers
4.) Seattle Seahawks
5.) San Francisco 49ers

31.) Detroit Lions
32.) Arizona Cardinals

How bad has the Lions run game been since Barry Sanders retired?

Let’s put it into perspective. In the last 18 years, the Lions have rushed for just 7,903 more yards than Emmitt Smith did in his 15-year career. Only the Browns and Buccaneers have scored less touchdowns on the ground. Perhaps the saddest fact of all is that the Texans have rushed for 1,137 more yards than the Lions have, and they’ve only been around since 2002, only 15 years.

A little jaktrivia from Pride of Detroit:

Since 1999, #Patriots are averaging 15.9 rushing TDs/season. #Lions only had 1 season with 16+ rushing TDs over same time period.[/b

http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2017/...tatistical-breakdown-since-1999-barry-sanders

The running game is the main issue we need to upgrade. We have young talent on defense but because of lack of pass rush the defense sucked. I think we'll address that but priority number is finding a Runnjng back to complement Ameer Abdullah+Theo Riddick and Zach Zenner is not that guy.

I miss our dominant defense from 2014 but this Lions team post 2008 was always going to live and die by the offense.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Kas showing solidarity with his fellow animu by proudly wearing the avatar I think hito gave him (RIP)

One of us! One of us!

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I was wishing for snow after moving to St Louis

We've had a grand total of maybe an inch of actual snow all winter after the dusting we had a few days ago. There was also a popup ice storm one Friday in December and that was it. Apparently I'm the Floyd of weather where I get the opposite of what I want.

It was the avatar Hitokage made me after I lost the avatar bet with yankeehater in the 2014 draft. Apparently Eric Ebron does not count as a receiver even though he lines up in the slot and runs routes.

I saw the Akira Blu Ray for $17 at Best Buy+Amazon. One of the greatest films of all time.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
It's 80 degrees.

tonykornheiserwhy.tif

I reject this characterization of me.

I've been alcohol free for 2.5 weeks and NYFRB-free for 9 months.

My days of boozy root beer fueled benders are over folks!

I watched Swordart Online like two and a half years ago and people wouldn't drop the animu thing.

Suck it up Mr President!

Narag

Is it really overlap when it is a one to one correspondence?
IE7fKFFl.jpg
I was going to say gatas couldn't be nazis but google proved otherwise.

this_guy

The national media in general is a joke when it comes to any kind of in depth analysis, ESPN is nothing but hot takes and they are well aware of it. We could run a better sports site than they do.

Have you not seen the animu posts and Kas's Stafford posts? A national audience would think we're delusional and need help.

Not to mention the love for free McNuggets.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Superbowl XLIX > Superbowl LI in almost every facet. Good thing the Pats won both of the games.
49 is the more complete game. Probably the best overall Super Bowl. It goes in waves and has multiple storylines.

51 is never really boring even when it is 28-3 but it is one sided and then flips into a different one sided game!

49 is the more complete game. Probably the best overall Super Bowl. It goes in waves and has multiple storylines.

51 is never really boring even when it is 28-3 but it is one sided and then flips into a different one sided game!
49 is definitely more engaging though. Probably my top 3 Superbowl along with 38 and 43.

51 was a beat down for 3 quarters. Did end up with a comeback for the fucking ages though. As a Pats fan, I love both.

Tom Penny

No wonder teams like the Dolphins suck. All talk. They get clown shoes like Byron Maxwell saying they can be as good as the Legion of Boom when their secondary was trash last year.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
http://abc13.com/news/police-cold-taco-leads-woman-to-shoot-her-boyfriend/1739749/

HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Police say a shooting in north Houston all began when a woman got a taco that just wasn't hot enough.

Investigators say a man and his girlfriend were at a taco truck on West Dyna near the North Freeway just before 2am when the shooting happened.

HPD says the woman became irate when a taco truck worker denied her request to reheat her taco when she said it was cold.

But when her boyfriend told her to calm down, she allegedly pulled out a gun.

Her boyfriend was shot at one point, but it is not clear if she intentionally shot him or if the gun fired accidentally.

Police said the victim is expected to survive.

Unfortunately, detectives say there is no surveillance video to go on as they piece together what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom