• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT| - Servicing Us Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmdorsey

Just dropping in to let my fellow Joycon boyz know my credit card was charged today for my Switch preorder! It's happening.

Btw, it's still fuck sports and Trumpers.

When DM and I see each other at Raisin Cains
cIdyab3.gif

Hindl

Went to the doctor for my right eye, and one of the drops they gave me pretty much permanently dilates it while it's in effect. The eye feels way better, earlier this week is was hurting like a bitch and constantly swollen and red, and the drops makes it feel fine. But the dilation is crazy, the vision out of that eye is blurry and I can barely look at my computer screen in a naturally lit room

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Just watched all of Super Bowl 49 while making dinner. Still is the best Super Bowl (Cardinals/Steelers is a damn close second) and only improves by rewatching it. Close back and forth struggle with heroes on both sides making plays at big moments. Would be the best final ten minutes of a Super Bowl if not for 51.

Fox318

I recently realized that I hate hidden camera shows.

Especially the ones that try and prank people with dumb situations where they are trying to provoke somebody or make things awkward.

I'm either reminded of Kitty Genovese or it makes me want to go through my tv screen and start punching the actors and producers.

Spinluck

Just watched all of Super Bowl 49 while making dinner. Still is the best Super Bowl (Cardinals/Steelers is a damn close second) and only improves by rewatching it. Close back and forth struggle with heroes on both sides making plays at big moments. Would be the best final ten minutes of a Super Bowl if not for 51.

Patriots vs Cowboys should be solid next year.

bionic77

Amazon the Goat, won't charge until it ships. So like the day or two before release
I know this but in this instance I am ok with them taking my money early.

Then I can use my receipt for entry into the secret JoyConBoyz club! It makes the PlayBoy mansion seem like a dump.

Fox318

It's funny.

I hated the Wii and Wii U.

I think Nintendo is run by a bunch of cheapass idiots who are so petty they would undercut key system features to save .0001 on a system But the Switch does kinda intrigue me.

Can't really put my finger on why as the system will have no third party support and I'm sure Nintendo will only be better than valve with support.

Hindl

It's funny.

I think Nintendo is run by a bunch of cheapass idiots who are so petty they would undercut key system features to save .0001 on a system But the Switch does kinda intrigue me.

Can't really put my finger on why as the system will have no third party support and I'm sure Nintendo will only be better than valve with support.

It's a really cool concept and the actual hardware is sleek instead of a Fischer Price toy. And having all of Nintendo on one platform is appealing. There's a reason people were so excited going into that event. Then they went and fucked things up somewhat but it's still an interesting device

bionic77

It's funny.

What else we got?

The Trumps took everything else from us.

The switch is gonna be a huge success. Trust me, I've run many analytical studies in my head. Ppl on gaf hating on It only reconfirms my findings.

jbug617

Banned
Jimmy G is a Younger Romo.

When I watch Garoppolo, I see an accurate, athletic quarterback who shares traits with Romo and Marcus Mariota.

Cardinals coach Bruce Arians drew the same comparison with Romo last summer.

When he first scouted Garoppolo, Arians noted the similarities with fellow former Eastern Illinois star Romo.

Both were similar sizes, arm strength, very accurate," Arians explained. "Both moved around good. Jimmy's an excellent athlete. A very accurate passer. ... You have to defend his legs as much as his arm."

Kyle Shanahan had Jimmy G as the 2nd best QB prospect the yr he came out.
When Shanahan was running the Browns offense in 2014, he ranked Garoppolo just behind Derek Carr as the second-best prospect in the draft.

"He was a very good thrower," Shanahan said last week, via the Plain Dealer. "Tough guy, kept his eyes down the field, could get rid of the ball fast. Really liked the person. ... I really thought he was a very intelligent, tough player with a good throwing motion."
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...rm-for-patriots-windfall?campaign=Twitter_atn

Fox318

It's a really cool concept and the actual hardware is sleek instead of a Fischer Price toy. And having all of Nintendo on one platform is appealing. There's a reason people were so excited going into that event. Then they went and fucked things up somewhat but it's still an interesting device
The concept has been out there before. I got to play around with a few android emulation tablets and that Razer tablet before so I defiantly see a market for it but until I see Nintendo outsource their network and system infrastructure outside of a Japanese managed corprate environment I just don't think they can provide what a modern system needs today.

I really do think this will be the last go for Nintendo at creating a system that isn't a NES mini style emulation machine that will be sold at CVS and dollar stores.

The tablet (not convertibles or surface like machines)market has dried up and I really don't think there will be a demand for the Switch.

I'm curious how it plays out.

bionic77

The switch is gonna be a huge success. Trust me, I've run many analytical studies in my head. Ppl on gaf hating on It only reconfirms my findings.
Going to be the most successful console of all time.

Keep in mind JCBs use some advanced ass shit for our metrics. We are not measuring dumb shit like units sold or most time spent alone like these last gen loser consoles do.

Nah we ain't about that. We will be using some next gen stats. Like numbers of Boyz serviced. Number of children born due to a Switch (the number is negative 100 for XBox and PS4). Dreams come true. All of that.

It's going to happen my friend. And we will be witness to true greatness starting March 3rd!

Keep in mind JCBs use some advanced ass shit for our metrics. We are not measuring dumb shit like units sold or most time spent alone like these last gen loser consoles do.

Nah we ain't about that. We will be using some next gen stats. Like numbers of Boyz serviced. Number of children born due to a Switch (the number is negative 100 for XBox and PS4). Dreams come true. All of that.

It's going to happen my friend. And we will be witness to true greatness starting March 3rd!
giphy.gif

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Preseason football is the worst.

Combine is a joke.

Draft is overrated.

Free Agency is fun though. Wednesday is Franchise tag day.

JABEE

All I care about is getting serviced. That's the only metric that matters to the JCB.

Hindl

Eagles likely to trade Mychal Kendricks

According to a source, the Philadelphia Eagles are willing to move on from Mychal Kendricks this offseason, and it is anticipated that teams around the league will have interest in acquiring Kendricks via a trade.

Kendricks will count for $6,600,000 against the salary cap in 2017, $1,800,000 of which the Eagles would save if they released or traded him. Kendricks would count for $4,800,000 in dead money. As PhillyVoice reported a few weeks ago, the Eagles are expected to free up significant cap space this offseason.

Kendricks is not worth the $6,600,000 he'll count against the cap in 2017, however, gaining $1,800,000 under the cap would not be a robust immediate savings for the Eagles. It would also leave the Eagles with a paper-thin group at linebacker.

It's the right move. Even in 2015 when he was a scheme fit he had a down year, and he doesn't work in the 4-3. He's a blitzing LB. Wonder what the Eagles would get for him

The concept has been out there before. I got to play around with a few android emulation tablets and that Razer tablet before so I defiantly see a market for it but until I see Nintendo outsource their network and system infrastructure outside of a Japanese managed corprate environment I just don't think they can provide what a modern system needs today.

I really do think this will be the last go for Nintendo at creating a system that isn't a NES mini style emulation machine that will be sold at CVS and dollar stores.

The tablet (not convertibles or surface like machines)market has dried up and I really don't think there will be a demand for the Switch.

I'm curious how it plays out.

True. I still think it'll settle somewhere between the Gamecube and N64, which isn't great, but it'll let them continue to make consoles. Pokemon alone will make it more successful than the Wii U. But I dunno, it's interesting to see how this does with the tablet market. That market is dying, but they are really going after the 3DS audience. It remains to be seen if that audience jumps to the Switch, or if people just see it as a shitty tablet that can't do normal tablet things.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It really depends on if it is the 3DS successor in Japan or not. If it is and gets all the games it should do around what the 3DS did worldwide, maybe a bit better if the JCBs take to it.

Who would have thought Nintendo could bring a Steelers fan (Bionic) and browns fan (me) together :")

*i am also in a seperate unrelated friendship relationship with Chuckddd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom