• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT| - Servicing Us Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

bionic77

I tolerated a child's birthday party today. I feel like I deserve a reward.
My kids had their party yesterday and I had to go to another one today. I had to go because my wife was working on a letter writing campaign telling our reps not to be total Trumps.

It is hard not to see how much better the parties would have been with a few Switches to go around.

Slo

You want bionic to service you?

If I have to ask for it, it takes all the romance out of it.

My kids had their party yesterday and I had to go to another one today. I had to go because my wife was working on a letter writing campaign telling our reps not to be total Trumps.

It is hard not to see how much better the parties would have been with a few Switches to go around.

Bro, you need to step up your excuse game. Your wife sold you on her "writing a letter to her Representative."

jbug617

Banned
we posting all the Zelda support in this thread when it comes out? Us Joycon Boyz need to help each other when it comes out.

Pepiope

Jimmy Kempski ‏@JimmyKempski 3h3 hours ago
More
Source: Eagles likely to trade LB Mychal Kendricks

Knew that was coming.

Howie get to work.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Just like Byron Maxwell is going to reform the Legion of Boom I am going to reform Dolphinsgaf under my leadership. Open tryouts will commence in the upcoming days and weeks. Phins up.

Hindl

Is he good

He showed a lot of potential blitzing, not really good at anything else. I say potential because he always seemed like he was going to break out but never did. Also has nagging injuries. Can't really cover, not great in run support, not great at open field tackles. In a 3-4 used as a blitzing LB he has potential. Not much else

MechDX

C4gyDI0VMAIzAyI.jpg:large

We got this!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
We got this!

http://www.nfl.com/videos/new-engla...84360/Every-Tom-Brady-Super-Bowl-Passing-Yard

This will help (and is quite cool to boot)

I'm still here and we are currently closed for renovations.

Hello Himynameischris,

I am glad that you are interested in becoming part of Dolphinsgaf2017. Unfortunately tryouts are not available as of yet, but I have your contact information on file and will get back to you as soon as any new information is scheduled. Thanks for your interest in rooting for the team with the best young Quarterback in the AFC East.

WedgeX

Banned
Saw the Oscar nominated animated shorts yesterday. Pear Cider and Cigarettes described about 20% of my time as a social worker. It was great.

MechDX

Ran another mock:

25: R1P25 QB DESHONE KIZER
NOTRE DAME
57: R2P25 EDGE T.J. WATT
WISCONSIN
89: R3P25 OT DION DAWKINS
TEMPLE
129: R4P24 S TEDRIC THOMPSON
COLORADO
170: R5P25 LB PAUL MAGLOIRE JR.
ARIZONA
189: R6P4 OT DAN SKIPPER
ARKANSAS
246: R7P25 CB EZRA ROBINSON
TENNESSEE STATE

Kizer ranked 17 couldnt pass on him at pick 25. TJ Watt....well he is a fucking Watt!

Here is the entire first round:
ALL PICKS
1: R1P1
QB DESHAUN WATSON
CLEVELAND BROWNS
2: R1P2
DL JONATHAN ALLEN
SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS
3: R1P3
QB MITCH TRUBISKY
CHICAGO BEARS
4: R1P4
RB LEONARD FOURNETTE
JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS
5: R1P5
S MALIK HOOKER
TENNESSEE TITANS
6: R1P6
EDGE MYLES GARRETT
NEW YORK JETS
7: R1P7
LB REUBEN FOSTER
SAN DIEGO CHARGERS
8: R1P8
S JAMAL ADAMS
CAROLINA PANTHERS
9: R1P9
CB TEEZ TABOR
CINCINNATI BENGALS
10: R1P10
WR MIKE WILLIAMS
BUFFALO BILLS
11: R1P11
EDGE DEREK BARNETT
NEW ORLEANS SAINTS
12: R1P12
EDGE SOLOMON THOMAS
CLEVELAND BROWNS
13: R1P13
TE O.J. HOWARD
ARIZONA CARDINALS
14: R1P14
WR COREY DAVIS
PHILADELPHIA EAGLES
15: R1P15
EDGE TAKKARIST MCKINLEY
INDIANAPOLIS COLTS
16: R1P16
CB MARSHON LATTIMORE
BALTIMORE RAVENS
17: R1P17
RB DALVIN COOK
WASHINGTON REDSKINS
18: R1P18
CB QUINCY WILSON
TENNESSEE TITANS
19: R1P19
OT CAM ROBINSON
TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS
20: R1P20
OT RYAN RAMCZYK
DENVER BRONCOS
21: R1P21
LB HAASON REDDICK
DETROIT LIONS
22: R1P22
CB MARLON HUMPHREY
MIAMI DOLPHINS
23: R1P23
OT GARETT BOLLES
NEW YORK GIANTS
24: R1P24
EDGE TIM WILLIAMS
OAKLAND RAIDERS
25: R1P25
QB DESHONE KIZER
HOUSTON TEXANS
26: R1P26
G DAN FEENEY
SEATTLE SEAHAWKS
27: R1P27
CB GAREON CONLEY
KANSAS CITY CHIEFS
28: R1P28
EDGE TACO CHARLTON
DALLAS COWBOYS
29: R1P29
S JABRILL PEPPERS
GREEN BAY PACKERS
30: R1P30
CB SIDNEY JONES
PITTSBURGH STEELERS
31: R1P31
EDGE CHARLES HARRIS
ATLANTA FALCONS
32: R1P32
RB CHRISTIAN MCCAFFREY
NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS

Pepiope

He showed a lot of potential blitzing, not really good at anything else. I say potential because he always seemed like he was going to break out but never did. Also has nagging injuries. Can't really cover, not great in run support, not great at open field tackles. In a 3-4 used as a blitzing LB he has potential. Not much else
Yeah he seems like a guy who can be really good, but he just never showed his potential here. Hopefully wherever he goes next, he can have success there, but Chip wasn't the biggest fan of him, and it seems Howie/Doug/Schwartz aren't fans either.

Hindl

Do I need a Pro Controller for Switch? Thinking of getting the Joycon Charge Grip.

People have said the Joycons in the grip is surprisingly comfortable, so I'd try that out before getting a pro controller

Yeah he seems like a guy who can be really good, but he just never showed his potential here. Hopefully wherever he goes next, he can have success there, but Chip wasn't the biggest fan of him, and it seems Howie/Doug/Schwartz aren't fans either.

He did show potential though. His rookie season and 2013 showed a potential stud LB on the rise, but then in 2014 he was a disappointment, and in 2015 he was injured and didn't perform. And he does best in a 3-4, where the DL is taking care of the gaps and he can just shoot through and sack the QB/take down a RB in the backfield. In Schwartz' defense he has coverage and gap responsibilities and almost never blitzes. He blitzed 9 times against the QB throughout all of 2016. He's just not a fit in the 4-3, and his time under Billy Davis was underwhelming. Dunno who would want him. Feeling we'd get a 4th-5th instead of a player for player swap

People have said the Joycons in the grip is surprisingly comfortable, so I'd try that out before getting a pro controller

He did show potential though. His rookie season and 2013 showed a potential stud LB on the rise, but then in 2014 he was a disappointment, and in 2015 he was injured and didn't perform. And he does best in a 3-4, where the DL is taking care of the gaps and he can just shoot through and sack the QB/take down a RB in the backfield. In Schwartz' defense he has coverage and gap responsibilities and almost never blitzes. He blitzed 9 times against the QB throughout all of 2016. He's just not a fit in the 4-3, and his time under Billy Davis was underwhelming. Dunno who would want him. Feeling we'd get a 4th-5th instead of a player for player swap
Howie the moron only got a 4th 2 years later for a second round pick with a ton of promise, no way does he get anything close to that for Kendricks.

effzee

Jimmy Kempski ‏@JimmyKempski 3h3 hours ago
More
Source: Eagles likely to trade LB Mychal Kendricks

Knew that was coming.

Howie get to work.

Why would any team trade anything of worth for him? I'd say at best a 4th round pick but most likely a 5th or 6th. If anything the team gets cap space.

I really liked him and thought he would be a stud but whether it was injuries or scheme he just never took the next step.

Hindl

Cousins for JJ Watt and Clowney

That's more interesting. But then you'd basically be what the Texans are now. Ready in every category except QB

Why would any team trade anything of worth for him? I'd say at best a 4th round pick but most likely a 5th or 6th. If anything the team gets cap space.

I really liked him and thought he would be a stud but whether it was injuries or scheme he just never took the next step.

You're probably right, but he's only 2 years removed from a very promising and productive season, he's only 27, and his contract is pretty easy to take on. And every GM would be aware that last year he basically didn't play at all. Tons of GMs think they're smarter than the rest of the league and can reclaim him. I could see a 3-4 team in need of a rotational pass rusher giving up a 4th, the injuries being the only question. Maybe someone like the Steelers would take Kendricks in exchange for one of their dozens WRs

MechDX

Jimmy and a 2nd for Hopkins

If Bill trades Jimmy to Houston it tells you Jimmy ain't shit. Why would he give the Texans the one thing that would put them over the Pats ?

I also have some concern for Hopkins. He excelled with Hoyer/Mallet/Yates and Weeden yet struggled with Osweiler. It really doesn't make any sense. Now he suddenly wants to learn the slot position. I'm probably worried about nothing but it is interesting

Narag

If Bill trades Jimmy to Houston it tells you Jimmy ain't shit. Why would he give the Texans the one thing that would put them over the Pats ?

I also have some concern for Hopkins. He excelled with Hoyer/Mallet/Yates and Weeden yet struggled with Osweiler. It really doesn't make any sense. Now he suddenly wants to learn the slot position. I'm probably worried about nothing but it is interesting

Doesn't learning slot early on just help career longevity and allow the offense to be more flexible?

MechDX

Doesn't learning slot early on just help career longevity and allow the offense to be more flexible?

Yes but as bad as Oz was this year Nuk had issues getting separation on his end. Welker is the receivers coach so if anyone can teach him the nuances of the slot.

Like I said, it's probably nothing but a down year with atrocious QB play but I can't just disregard it

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Hossweiler has the uncanny ability to make extremely short passes that are somehow contested. People were ball hawking behind the line passes because he is the rare combination of too slow, too inaccurate while staring the man down and checking it down. He's like the worst possible combination of Andrew Luck, Matt Cassell , and Alex Smith.

Hossweiler has the uncanny ability to make extremely short passes that are somehow contested. People were ball hawking behind the line passes because he is the rare combination of too slow, too inaccurate while staring the man down and checking it down. He's like the worst possible combination of Andrew Luck, Matt Cassell , and Alex Smith.

Still better then Hackenburg, he can actually hit an ocean if he concentrates.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Aypedpl.gif

Mezmerizing....

JFC. I remember talking with you about his microfracture surgery and how rare it is for athletes to get back to 100%. Clearly he's bounced back, absolutely ridiculous to move like that at that size. If they get Watt back at close to 100 it'll be deadly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom