• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT| - Servicing Us Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greg has officially been shifted over to bitch status for certain views he holds.
giphy.gif

Hindl

Alright, so what's the knock against Jamaal Williams?

Doesn't have a top gear, so he'll get caught in those breakaway runs where others would score, and not a lot of experience catching the ball. Otherwise he's a great bruising back to wear defenses down with 4 yard runs before exploding for a 60 yard TD late in the game. This is just such a good class that there are other backs that are better, but he's a good pickup

BYU RB

Duxxy3

Doesn't have a top gear, so he'll get caught in those breakaway runs where others would score, and not a lot of experience catching the ball. Otherwise he's a great bruising back to wear defenses down with 4 yard runs before exploding for a 60 yard TD late in the game. This is just such a good class that there are other backs that are better, but he's a good pickup

BYU RB

I think he looks great. Bill must drool over his fumble numbers.

BYU RB

Gotta be careful with guys like that. Le'Veon Bell is a guy like that. So was Trent Richardson. Gotta have a Great (at LEAST) o-line for that to work. Not sure the Asterisks have that.

Hindl

Gotta be careful with guys like that. Le'Veon Bell is a guy like that. So was Trent Richardson.

It's funny reading Bell's draft profile. Two weaknesses that come up is subpar vision and the need to improve his catching ability. Really shows that a lot of the draft scouting is a crapshoot

dionysus

Yaldog
Seems like most of the mock drafts have the Saints picking a DE. It is definitely a need, but Saints pass rush is going to be good even without a 1st rounder in that slot assuming we resign Fairley. Next year we might have one of the best interior pass rush in the league with Rankins and Fairley, and Cam Jordan is awesome on the outside. If we can't resign Fairley, I'd get a DE in the first.

If we had equally ranked players, I'd prefer ILB, OLB, and CB over DE in that order. But we could use so much help on the defense the only positions I wouldn't draft best defensive player available would be DT or safety. (I'd even take a pure deep safety, but not a slot/TE cover safety/line backer hybrid.)

Edit. On the offensive side, we need a guard and a TE. As a wildcard we could select a QB in the middle rounds. I wouldn't expect an offensive selection till round 3 or later.

Tom Penny

I don't know how the Pats get better with an older Brady no cap space and so many holes on the roster. Hopefully a wildcard berth is attainable next year.

Nintendo wants to stop selling the Classic so they can sell those games at $5 a piece to all those suckers once again, now that they will have somewhat modern hardware that people actually want (for at least a few months)

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Nintendo wants to stop selling the Classic so they can sell those games at $5 a piece to all those suckers once again, now that they will have somewhat modern hardware that people actually want (for at least a few months)

The powers of Nintendo will not be questioned I guess

Striker

I still want the NES Classic damnit.

Duxxy3

I bet they make a Nintendo classic that has no games on it. Just the ability to download games. Bare minimum storage. Then they'll lock it down.

Tom Penny

I bet they make a Nintendo classic that has no games on it. Just the ability to download games. Bare minimum storage. Then they'll lock it down.
Can't they just make a phone app for that and use their robust online features to play the games on Switch?

Tom Penny

Pats drafted 1 RB in 5 years. James White. They don't give a fuck about them. Jonas Gray can fill in with 3 TDs and 150 yards and get cut the next day and they don't even flinch because of that Brady fellow..

Duxxy3

Pats drafted 1 RB in 5 years. James White. They don't give a fuck about them. Jonas Gray can fill in with 3 TDs and 150 yards and get cut the next day and they don't even flinch.

White and Dion Lewis are on the final year of their contracts. Blount is a free agent. Bill plans ahead. I highly doubt that he goes after a RB the first couple rounds, but the third or fourth... yeah, I'd say there's a good chance.

bionic77

Pats drafted 1 RB in 5 years. James White. They don't give a fuck about them. Jonas Gray can fill in with 3 TDs and 150 yards and get cut the next day and they don't even flinch because of that Brady fellow..
Has he come out and condemned Trump yet or is he going to give this fascism and white supremacy thing a little bit longer before he makes a decision on it?

Tom Penny

and the offensive line, respectively.
They draft o line a lot since that's important to a consistent offense...
Has he come out and condemned Trump yet or is he going to give this fascism and white supremacy thing a little bit longer before he makes a decision on it?
Brady is still celebrating the greatest comeback in SB history while celebrating his GOAT status with some avocado ice cream.

I believe this is the last thing he said about Trump:

“I also want to be positive. I don’t want to say anything negative about anybody, or anything, or anybody’s political beliefs. I’ve never done that. I’ve never tried to get involved in those things. I still don’t really feel like it. I want to keep my focus on how hard it is to get here and the work that our team has put in, and the work that the Falcons have put in, and not let anything take away from that.”

So he is positive and doesnt want to say anything negative about anything.

Hindl

I wonder what the sales numbers for Color Rush jerseys are across the league

Adam CaplanVerified account
‏@caplannfl
Former Alabama LB Reuben Foster recently had right rotator cuff surgery, a league source said. Teams were informed of the surgery.

Oh damn

I wonder what the sales numbers for Color Rush jerseys are across the league

Oh damn

I got a Gronk one, I like how they are much more fitting jerseys. Look great.

Texans took a QB and Peppers fell to the Patriots.

Why would the Patriots need Peppers? As a LB?

Gotta get the Bouye issue resolved first.
Then trade for Gronk
Draft Peppers
Announce Savage starting QB

Super Bowl

HYPE

bionic77

I believe this is the last thing he said about Trump:

“I also want to be positive. I don’t want to say anything negative about anybody, or anything, or anybody’s political beliefs. I’ve never done that. I’ve never tried to get involved in those things. I still don’t really feel like it. I want to keep my focus on how hard it is to get here and the work that our team has put in, and the work that the Falcons have put in, and not let anything take away from that.”

So he is positive and doesnt want to say anything negative about anything.
Tom how do you feel about the ban on Muslims.

Tom do you agree with President Trumps statement that Mexicans are rapists and criminals?

Tom, President Trump told the US Army to start shooting minorities what are your thoughts on that?

What a courageous man.

Holy crap. Called my internet service provider to ask for a lower rate and the person immediately offered me the same speed for 19.99 a month. 60$ savings.

First ever pleasant experience with a ISP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom