• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT| - Servicing Us Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom how do you feel about the ban on Muslims.

“I also want to be positive. I don’t want to say anything negative about anybody, or anything, or anybody’s political beliefs. I’ve never done that. I’ve never tried to get involved in those things. I still don’t really feel like it. I want to keep my focus on how hard it is to get here and the work that our team has put in, and the work that the Falcons have put in, and not let anything take away from that.”

Tom do you agree with President Trumps statement that Mexicans are rapists and criminals?

“I also want to be positive. I don’t want to say anything negative about anybody, or anything, or anybody’s political beliefs. I’ve never done that. I’ve never tried to get involved in those things. I still don’t really feel like it. I want to keep my focus on how hard it is to get here and the work that our team has put in, and the work that the Falcons have put in, and not let anything take away from that.”

Tom, President Trump told the US Army to start shooting minorities what are your thoughts on that?

What a courageous man.

I like that he doesnt want to say anything negative about any political belief. The reporter should have immediately asked him what he thinks about all these alt-right nazi's we have running around. Also the idea that he doesnt want to say anything negative about anything is incredibly stupid. Tom what do you think about child slavery? "I dont want to say anything negative about anything."

can't wait to hear Chris Wesseling complain about having to write another "Cruz looking to have a bounce back season" article for the 3rd straight year.

Pepiope

Adam Caplan ‏@caplannfl 18s18 seconds ago
Adam Caplan Retweeted Adam Schefter
#Giants will save $7.5m ($6.4m base, $1m in roster bonuses, $100k in workout bonus) in cap space.
Cruz should come to Philly. He was my favorite player on the Giants. Will look forward to the salsa in Philadelphia.

bionic77

Holy crap. Called my internet service provider to ask for a lower rate and the person immediately offered me the same speed for 19.99 a month. 60$ savings.

First ever pleasant experience with a ISP.
Competition is a very nice thing.

Service Electric were pieces of shit when they were the only game in town. Literally the day RCN came in to wire our block SE called us and told us they would cut our bill by 20%.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck that you pieces of shit.

Thinking of doing that unlimited Verizon deal too. Their CS is the worst but they have the best coverage and 45 per line for unlimited seems too good to be true.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Not a ridiculous amount then. Someone is going to sign him for $3-4M, maybe more if it's a short term 'prove it' deal.

Competition is a very nice thing.

Service Electric were pieces of shit when they were the only game in town. Literally the day RCN came in to wire our block SE called us and told us they would cut our bill by 20%.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck that you pieces of shit.

Thinking of doing that unlimited Verizon deal too. Their CS is the worst but they have the best coverage and 45 per line for unlimited seems too good to be true.

Verizon definitely has the best service but Sprint has the hookup for value.

BigAT

Pour one out for #80.

salsa-dance.gif

Move had to happen, but still sad to see.

Tom Penny

Pats need to resign Hightower, extend Butler then sign Leveon Bell,Eric Berry, AJ Bouye and Alshon Jeffery and that is s successful offseason.

Pats need to resign Hightower, extend Butler then sign Leveon Bell,Eric Berry, AJ Bouye and Alshon Jeffery and that is s successful offseason.

They easily have the cap spcae to do all that. Funny that the Eagles missed the playoffs and only have $15m available, and that is after cutting guys, Pats made the playoffs last year and have $60m in space. Hell Green Bay is paying fraudgers a ton of money and they still have $45m. Mark Eckel was on the no huddle show yesterday attacking the myth that howie is good at managing the cap. Crazy the Eagles are spending so much for a 7-9 with the QB on a rookie deal. Once Wentz gets paid the whole rest of the team will be UDFAs.

Had a generally good time with it even though it was really trippy but I was into it enough to check out this week's.

I like post-Downton Abbey Dan Stevens. Really good in The Guest.

Man I still love watching Cruz's TD from 2011

Yeah I felt just like David during that ending sequence lol, didn't know what the hell was going on but I like him so far so I'll stick around.

I also like that they introduced other characters with powers, since this is the X-Men universe there should be plenty of mutants running around.

Pepiope

They easily have the cap spcae to do all that. Funny that the Eagles missed the playoffs and only have $15m available, and that is after cutting guys, Pats made the playoffs last year and have $60m in space. Hell Green Bay is paying fraudgers a ton of money and they still have $45m. Mark Eckel was on the no huddle show yesterday attacking the myth that howie is good at managing the cap. Crazy the Eagles are spending so much for a 7-9 with the QB on a rookie deal. Once Wentz gets paid the whole rest of the team will be UDFAs.
Once Wentz gets paid? Are you saying he's going to be a success in Philly, thus giving Howie props for the #2 pick?

You're coming around, my friend :)

Once Wentz gets paid? Are you saying he's going to be a success in Philly, thus giving Howie props for the #2 pick?

You're coming around, my friend :)

Not at all, just that howie is so desperate to try and cover for the terrible job that he has done, so he resigns guys to ridiculous second contracts if they deserve them or not. He will vastly overpay Wentz, just like curry and Ertz, so that he can say: "80% of the players that I drafted have gotten 2nd contracts from the team", like that means anything at all when he is the one giving them those 2nd contracts.

Hindl

This ignores that the Pats have Hightower, Logan Ryan, LeGarrette Blount, Michael Floyd, Bennett, Jabaal Sheard, and others have contracts coming up, or they walk. Whereas aside from Bennie Logan and Jordan Matthews, the Eagles have every player locked up for the next 3-4 years. Wait and see what cap space around the league looks like on March 9th after extensions/tags have worked out before judging this stuff.

And Ertz was a Top 5-6 TE in every category except TDs last year, and that's with missing 2-3 games. Curry was a mistake but the rest of the deals look good

effzee

Ok I have been here and there and pre-occupied with lots of other shit but I keep hearing this nonsense from Pats fans, players, and now even coaches about how they showed Goodell and got revenge. WTF are these people talking about?

I really don't get it. You got caught trying to gain an advantage AGAIN. The first time he burned the tapes. What in the world was Roger supposed to do here? Go light on the Pats? Do nothing?

This ignores that the Pats have Hightower, Logan Ryan, LeGarrette Blount, Michael Floyd, Bennett, Jabaal Sheard, and others have contracts coming up, or they walk. Whereas aside from Bennie Logan and Jordan Matthews, the Eagles have every player locked up for the next 3-4 years. Wait and see what cap space around the league looks like on March 9th after extensions/tags have worked out before judging this stuff.

And Ertz was a Top 5-6 TE in every category except TDs last year, and that's with missing 2-3 games. Curry was a mistake but the rest of the deals look good

Ertz got a 5 years $42m deal with $21m guaranteed. He has never had 80 catches in a season, he has never even gotten to 900 yards in any season, and he has never had more then 4 TDs in a season. He is criminally overpaid, just because TEs across the league are under performing does not make his contract better.

Also Pats will resign guys, or they will let them walk and find homeless guys to replace them, and they will still be competitive next year and they will also be way under the cap. Just like the Packers will be competitive next year and way under the cap. Those teams have GMs that are good at that aspect of the job, the Eagles do not.

Jarnet87

Ertz got a 5 years $42m deal with $21m guaranteed. He has never had 80 catches in a season, he has never even gotten to 900 yards in any season, and he has never had more then 4 TDs in a season. He is criminally overpaid, just because TEs across the league are under performing does not make his contract better.

Also Pats will resign guys, or they will let them walk and find homeless guys to replace them, and they will still be competitive next year and they will also be way under the cap. Just like the Packers will be competitive next year and way under the cap. Those teams have GMs that are good at that aspect of the job, the Eagles do not.

But that Ertz talent,this is the year we see it right? Maybe next year?

Pepiope

Ertz wasn't given that contract for what he accomplished, but rather what the team thinks he can become. I'm interested to see how year 2 in a new offense is for him, but we lack talent at both outside WR positions and at RB. No one is there to take pressure off of Ertz. We'll see how this off-season plays out.

Striker

Not a ridiculous amount then. Someone is going to sign him for $3-4M, maybe more if it's a short term 'prove it' deal.
The Giants saving +$7m is incredible since he isn't worth anything near it.

He wasn't able to get open on the outside. I figure they will get someone with some height so Ben can call those fades in the redzone. Quick, Britt and Aiken maybe, we'll see.

Bread

Banned
Butler is getting done. He hasn't missed any games in 2 years. Hightower on the other hand... Not so durable and wants top money.
he also did not get his ankles broken by taylor gabriel

he was stepped on

he would never get his ankles broken!!!!!!

Ertz wasn't given that contract for what he accomplished, but rather what the team thinks he can become. I'm interested to see how year 2 in a new offense is for him, but we lack talent at both outside WR positions and at RB. No one is there to take pressure off of Ertz. We'll see how this off-season plays out.

You are 100% right about this. Last year Curry was given that huge contract coming off a year in which he only had 2 sacks and the reason that was given was, just wait and see what he does in Jim Schwartz's defense he is such a great fit for it. Paying guys for what you think they might be able to do in the future is a terrible idea.

Hindl

You are 100% right about this. Last year Curry was given that huge contract coming off a year in which he only had 2 sacks and the reason that was given was, just wait and see what he does in Jim Schwartz's defense he is such a great fit for it. Paying guys for what you think they might be able to do in the future is a terrible idea.

Brandon Graham was given a contract based on his potential and was one of the best Edge defenders in the league last year

MechDX

So anyone releasing a QB today?

I mean Eli didn't win a Super Bowl last season so he is obviously done and the Giants should move on, right?

Brandon Graham was given a contract based on his potential and was one of the best Edge defenders in the league last year

Graham signed his contract after the 2014 season. He had 5.5 sacks that year, 46 tackles, and 4 forced fumbles, all while playing part time. I feel like he had shown way more at that point then Curry had, but you are right that there is nothing to preclude a guy from playing well after signing a big contract. I just dont think in general this idea of signing players before they break out is a smart one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom