• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT| - Servicing Us Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unsurprisingly, the Giants will not be bringing back Larry Donnell who is a free agent.

http://www.bigblueview.com/2017/2/1...iants-wont-bring-back-te-larry-donnell-report

Monday has been a day of goodbyes for the New York Giants. Wide receiver Victor Cruz and running back Rashad Jennings have been released, and now comes word that free-agent tight end Larry Donnell will not be brought back.

That isn’t a surprise. Donnell disappeared from the Giants’ tight end rotation after starting the first six games, as the team apparently tired of his struggles with blocking and ball security. Younger players Will Tye and Jerell Adams passed the 28-year-old Donnell on the Giants’ depth chart, and he ended the season with only 15 catches.

bionic77

Bionic you know you have to support this bundle: https://www.humblebundle.com/freedom
It allows you to say fuck you Trump, fuck you cheaters and gives you games (yes not on the Switch but that's life!).
Does it work on Macs? I don't have any PCs in the house.

Also I said blackout but I was weak:

26xBLCxKvyJWvX3MY.gif

l3q2NCJ3Fb4NIqDFC.gif

Mindlog

Does it work on Macs? I don't have any PCs in the house.

Also I said blackout but I was weak:
:jnc
That's pretty much exactly like that Batman game I've been playing.

That Humble Bundle is a great deal and it's for freedom. Win/win!
Switch
Freedom
John Wick 2

Eat a dick, Trumpiots.

Albert BreerVerified account
‏@AlbertBreer

Doing research, came across this ... Tom Brady and Peyton Manning have played 25 seasons since 2003. All 25 teams had double-digit wins.

(Doesn't include the 2011 Colts who played without Manning and were awful or the 2008 Patriots who played without Brady but with Belichick's system and managed to be just fine...)

Jason La CanforaVerified account
‏@JasonLaCanfora

Browns re-doubling efforts w/their top offseason priority - Trel Prior. Meeting with his agent this week

Tom Penny

Albert BreerVerified account
‏@AlbertBreer

Doing research, came across this ... Tom Brady and Peyton Manning have played 25 seasons since 2003. All 25 teams had double-digit wins.

(Doesn't include the 2011 Colts who played without Manning and were awful or the 2008 Patriots who played without Brady but with Belichick's system and managed to be just fine...)

Their SB stats are close too if you multiply Pey Peys TD's by 5x and keep the same amount of INT..

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Top priority - hightower, butler, Bennett (doubt it), Alan branch

Likely gone- Ryan, sheard, Brandon bolden, vollmer

Wouldn't mind or should be cheap- Michael Floyd, duron Harmon, blount, mingo

Luckily a ton of the offseason damage was done prior to or during the season with Jamie Collins, Chandler Jones, easely, etc. Still if they mishandled hightower by some chance they'd be pretty much SOL at the QB position of defense going with a bunch of castaways and 2nd year players, not to mention when healthy donta is a top tier linebacker.

I expect Bennett to walk given his comments over the season in terms of maximizing his years and SB champs getting overpaid. As many have said they will not pay him more than gronk and he likely wants more than that. Hell be missed especially with gronk likely to miss time at one point or another. Maybe Floyd can work his way in and fill that void a bit, but can't replace his blocking.

Would love to sign an RB. Blount is over 30 now and honestly he just is too slow. He put up some decent numbers, but his ypc was lousy, and it takes him too long to get to full speed. When he actually gets some steam he's tough to bring down, but he needs a lot of space and he takes too much time to get to the line. I'd take blount for very cheap and maybe as a goal line hammer, but I'd rather someone else between the tackles.

Tom Penny

Top priority - hightower, butler, Bennett (doubt it), Alan branch

Likely gone- Ryan, sheard, Brandon bolden, vollmer

Wouldn't mind or should be cheap- Michael Floyd, duron Harmon, blount, mingo

Luckily a ton of the offseason damage was done prior to or during the season with Jamie Collins, Chandler Jones, easely, etc. Still if they mishandled hightower by some chance they'd be pretty much SOL at the QB position of defense going with a bunch of castaways and 2nd year players, not to mention when healthy donta is a top tier linebacker.

I expect Bennett to walk given his comments over the season in terms of maximizing his years and SB champs getting overpaid. As many have said they will not pay him more than gronk and he likely wants more than that. Hell be missed especially with gronk likely to miss time at one point or another. Maybe Floyd can work his way in and fill that void a bit, but can't replace his blocking.

Would love to sign an RB. Blount is over 30 now and honestly he just is too slow. He put up some decent numbers, but his ypc was lousy, and it takes him too long to get to full speed. When he actually gets some steam he's tough to bring down, but he needs a lot of space and he takes too much time to get to the line. I'd take blount for very cheap and maybe as a goal line hammer, but I'd rather someone else between the tackles.

Hightower and extending Butler are their only main priorities. Then replace the secondary players that some dumb teams will overpay They can pretty much do nothing on offense but need to get Gronk insurance and some late RB draft fodder.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Hightower and extending Butler are their only main priorities. Then replace the secondary players that some dumb teams will overpay They can pretty much do nothing on offense but need to get Gronk insurance and some late RB draft fodder.

Agreed with this, although I do think most players can be re signed in terms of role players like develin, blount, branch, harmon even Floyd could be a great target for 1 on 1s and red zone.

I'll take anybody at RB over blount as the premiere back though, a lot of yards left on the field with how slow he is. Even with a nice amount of home run plays or big runs his ypc was still so lousy. As long as the gronk insurance is better than Chandler I'll be happy.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I would rather keep Martellus, I think he is the better football player.

Oh definitely, but he will cost a ton to keep and as said it's unlikely he's staying at this point. Bennet played on a partially broken ankle all season long so I feel like we never got to see him at his best.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Oh definitely, but he will cost a ton to keep and as said it's unlikely he's staying at this point. Bennet played on a partially broken ankle all season long so I feel like we never got to see him at his best.
Might franchise him if they work out a deal with Hightower.

bionic77

From reading impressions us married men have to be careful wirh 1, 2 Switch. Apparently it is so fun that eventually people get carried away and it almost always ends with two girls trying to have a dick sucking contest with whoever invited them over.

I don't want to get divorced so I will leave 1,2 to the single JCBs.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
From reading impressions us married men have to be careful wirh 1, 2 Switch. Apparently it is so fun that eventually people get carried away and it almost always ends with two girls trying to have a dick sucking contest with whoever invited them over.

I don't want to get divorced so I will leave 1,2 to the single JCBs.
There is a Wii/PS2 game called Dokapon Kingdom that is so competitive that I personally saw it ruin a lifelong friendship and an engagement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom