• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT| - Servicing Us Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.
In some sense, it's probably just a matter of time before a bot busts into this thread posting ads for a "Fuck the Pats" emblazoned Switch case.

And I would proudly click that link

MechDX

Got off work at 11 and just made two dozen chocolate covered strawberries for the wife.

What have you people done today?

The o-line is the only reason he had a successful year, that's all I'm saying.

Sorry for the break in posts, but I didn't say the Asterisks O-line wasn't good. I said they weren't GREAT. Blount's performance is a perfect example of this - tons of volume numbers but absolutely nothing spectacular by any conceivable metric. the sign of a committed o-line surely, but GREAT? Nah.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Great Olines are the ones where Denver could turn any free agent into 1000 yard rushers in the late 90's and what Dallas has right now. Pats don't have that. They did have something approaching that in the very early 2000's because they needed something to protect the statue that was Drew Bledsoe.

Spinluck

Brady still took what, 3 sacks in the last quarter?

Did he really?

I felt like he was getting rid of the ball fast as fuck late in that game. He took a couple of coverage sacks throughout the game. But the line tightened up towards the end I felt. Could've just been ATL's D being gassed.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Did he really?

I felt like he was getting rid of the ball fast as fuck late in that game. He took a couple of coverage sacks throughout the game. But the line tightened up towards the end I felt. Could've just been ATL's D being gassed.

Two in a row on the drive where they kicked the field goal. I think there's one more.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Sorry for the break in posts, but I didn't say the Asterisks O-line wasn't good. I said they weren't GREAT. Blount's performance is a perfect example of this - tons of volume numbers but absolutely nothing spectacular by any conceivable metric. the sign of a committed o-line surely, but GREAT? Nah.

The o line was not great at all. The pass protection was good, the interior struggled though in both run and pass protection. Thuney and Andrews are mediocre to bad. Cannon was a beast all season though and solder was damn good inconsistent at times (bad Superbowl), he was a beast in the run game. Either way if blount had a good o line and put up 3.9 ypa that's sad... He had an average run blocking o line and a good pass game to spread the field and he still struggled to get much. He stats are the definition of empty.

Did he really?

He did which is why I.surprised at the narrative that the rush disappeared. Hell remember the final drive? He almost got tagged with a safety or close safety on the first play on an almost intentional grounding call. There were a few big ones that looked like it was the end of the run.

squicken

Scarnechia has said his goal in every game is 100 yards rushing and 4 yards a carry. Sacks can be as much on the QB and WRs as the OL

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Scarnechia has said his goal in every game is 100 yards rushing and 4 yards a carry. Sacks can be as much on the QB and WRs as the OL

Scar did some amazing things with what he had this year, especially for turning Cannons career around. Still the sacks were mostly on the interior this year. Shaq mason is inconsistent in pass protection (also a bad superbowl) and joe thuney was a 3rd round rookie who showed his inexperience at times. Solder also had his best year under Dante this season, but he still has weird lapses where he just looks awful. It's much better than what Dave Deguglielmo was doing, they could really use one more guard in the middle there though. Was bummed 2nd year tre jackson ended up on IR.

Haley said he wanted 5ypc from our line. Think they ended @ 4.9? Steelers have the top 3 line in the league though - only team I can definitively say is better is Dallas.

Holy shit really?

I made a mistake. Bell averaged 4.9 on the season. He also sat out 3 games with a suspension where Williams backed him up. With Williams' production the team number drops to 4.3. Still, Williams is 33 years old.

Bills had the most yards, but had 100 more attempts than The Steelers.

Here's an amazing Cowboys stat - Rb's scored a touchdown On 49.4 percent of redzone plays. (!!). think scoring on the run literally half the time you make it into the redzone takes pressure off the quarterback?

Striker

Here's an amazing Cowboys stat - Rb's scored a touchdown On 49.4 percent of redzone plays. (!!). think scoring on the run literally half the time you make it into the redzone takes pressure off the quarterback?
Must be nice. I remember pre-selection of Elliot, I had visions of Dallas getting either Bosa or Ramsey and didn't get either (had no shot at Bosa but passed on Ramsey).

I just think - picking Ramsey in the 1st and using him at CB/S and picking a HB later is so much more scarier as a Giants fan then, and right now, than what they actually did.

Duxxy3

The o line was not great at all. The pass protection was good, the interior struggled though in both run and pass protection. Thuney and Andrews are mediocre to bad. Cannon was a beast all season though and solder was damn good inconsistent at times (bad Superbowl), he was a beast in the run game. Either way if blount had a good o line and put up 3.9 ypa that's sad... He had an average run blocking o line and a good pass game to spread the field and he still struggled to get much. He stats are the definition of empty.

He did which is why I.surprised at the narrative that the rush disappeared. Hell remember the final drive? He almost got tagged with a safety or close safety on the first play on an almost intentional grounding call. There were a few big ones that looked like it was the end of the run.

While I'm a little more optimistic about the line than you are, there is still a lot of work to do. Maybe some upgrades as well.

Andrews is an OK center. The biggest problem with him is his size. Either of the guards next to him would be a better physical fit. Stork was more physical, but he didn't have the mental aspect at all. I would not mind the Pats picking a center on the second day of the draft.

Thuney will get better in his second year. Not worried about him. I think that Mason is better than you think, but he is short for a guard. I wish he were larger. Maybe Tre Jackson will come back strong this year.

Cannon should be good going forward. Solder is, as you said, erratic. But even then, he's still a top 10 tackle. Great ones are just incredibly hard to find. I'd love to have a better LT than him, but we're never in a draft position to get one.

Gobias

Banned
This might sound ridiculous, but is it possible to be TOO serviced? Nintendo is far too generous with SWITCH content.

n4xB5ML.gif

Hindl

What is Nintendo doing?

They're a generation behind, so they're just catching up with the PS360 Season Pass wave

Seriously though, if the DLC doesn't have my Sheik spinoff, hopefully they release a new game in a couple years set in that world with Sheik

They're a generation behind, so they're just catching up with the PS360 Season Pass wave

Seriously though, if the DLC doesn't have my Sheik spinoff, hopefully they release a new game in a couple years set in that world with Sheik

It is amusing seeing the diehard Nintendo fans have to bend over backwards to defend things they railed against in prior generations like lack of BC, paid online and now season passes.

Spinluck

Looks like Nintendo is finally catching onto how to make some extra dough in the gaming business.

Pay walling hard mode was a great place to start :(. Well at least Link gets a JCBz shirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom