• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT| - Servicing Us Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarnet87

Trent Richardson would run for 1200 yards and 10+ TDs on Dallas.

On 400+ carries.

CMet8agWgAAuh5G.jpg

bionic77

The only person on that board I would've taken over Zeke is Bosa. Yes, Morris/DMC would've had a good year behind that OL, Morris probably would've broken 1K easily. But Zeke is the most complete back to come out in years, and he's so young. Floy back me up here, but even in a ridiculously talented RB class like 2017, I think Zeke still would've been taken first. Without Zeke, I don't think Dak has nearly the year he had.

I guess I should open this up. Cowboys fans, if you could go back and redo the 2016 draft, would you take Zeke again? Assuming Bosa is off the board still?

This is the smart move if you don't need to play Zelda.
Waiting for anything is crazy with the Trumps in charge.

By December we could all be conscripted to fight for general Brady.

But his comparable is Bo Jackson!

I also like Dalvin Cook.

I'm afraid of CBs at this point. I have been burned too many times.

The Eagles literally cannot run Schwartz's defense with their current CBs. I dont trust howie to sign FA CBs at all, we all saw what happened last year. Hopefully if they keep drafting them they will eventually hit on one due to the law of averages.

Hindl

But his comparable is Bo Jackson!

True, but Cook is a better fit. Fournette is a violent runner, but he's North-South and does best with a Fullback on the field with him (which we don't have). Whereas Cook is dynamic, really good at run plays designed to get to the edge, and an extremely talented receiver out of the backfield. Cook is like the dream back for a West Coast Offense, just think back to Jamaal Charles earlier in his career. If we got Fournette I'd be thrilled, but we'd need to retool the offensive line, get a FB, and redraw some of the offensive game plan, whereas Cook could slide right into the scheme perfectly. Also, I'm a bit worried that Fournette's violent running style could lead to injury. He's already got that nagging ankle

I want the Eagles to finally rid themselves of Ryan Matthews

You want him? He's getting cut this year no question.

The Eagles literally cannot run Schwartz's defense with their current CBs. I dont trust howie to sign FA CBs at all, we all saw what happened last year. Hopefully if they keep drafting them they will eventually hit on one due to the law of averages.

I agree, and if CB is the BPA at 14/15 (like if Lattimore fell), no question. But there's a lot of talent available there that I might want to go elsewhere with the 1st round pick. But I absolutely want them to draft 2 CBs within the first four rounds. Leaving this draft with 1 CB would be foolhardy

Bread

Banned
they should draft another CB in the 2nd round and give up on him after a year

JABEE

Schwartz seems to not know which CBs work well in his defense though. The guys they brought in last season were bad and Eric Rowe couldn't even make the season opener in his system. I'm worried about gambling a first on that enigma of an issue. The Eagles can draft a CB in the 2nd or 3rd round.

True, but Cook is a better fit. Fournette is a violent runner, but he's North-South and does best with a Fullback on the field with him (which we don't have). Whereas Cook is dynamic, really good at run plays designed to get to the edge, and an extremely talented receiver out of the backfield. Cook is like the dream back for a West Coast Offense, just think back to Jamaal Charles earlier in his career. If we got Fournette I'd be thrilled, but we'd need to retool the offensive line, get a FB, and redraw some of the offensive game plan, whereas Cook could slide right into the scheme perfectly. Also, I'm a bit worried that Fournette's violent running style could lead to injury. He's already got that nagging ankle

You are right, but Cook also has the domestic abuse issues. I also like watching Fournette run and I think he can adapt.

Rog doing the Seahawks a solid

Mike GarafoloVerified account
‏@MikeGarafolo

Source: Seahawks issued a warning by NFL yesterday for violating injury-reporting policy on Richard Sherman. No further discipline. (Contd)

(contd) Violation deemed to result from misinterpretation of rules (Sherman practiced fully.) If future violation, this one will be taken into acct.

inb4 raging Pats fans talmbout "if this was us, they would take away 16 first round picks and suspend Belichick for 2 years FUCK GOODELL"

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I'm about to sell my switch preorder to a friend for like a $70 profit if he's on board. He wants one launch day but I did Gamestop with standard shipping.

The more I'm looking at the rest of the lineup for the entire year, the more I just want Zelda for Wii U. Already looks like a fucking dire software situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom