• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT| - Servicing Us Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Papa Ginos is great for a chain

Papa ginos is arguably the goat chain. Nice thin pizza, good sauce, good crust. I used to hate dominos, but their build your own pizza coupon is ridiculous. I like to make BBQ chicken or buffalo pizzas on their website. 5.99 each.

JaMarco

He was still good in tampa. I could see Revis putting it back together to try to fix his pride, but who knows. If he's cheap I wouldn't mind taking a chance on him, but I feel like some stupid team will pay him on his past.
His recent "past" was horrible though. I highly doubt anyone will offer him anything significant.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Getting $450 for my Switch

Sorry JCBs but that pays for a copy of Zelda for Wii U and then some
One of my friends wanted to drop his preorder and I told him to sell it and an office mate gave him 400, which he used to then get a different preorder.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
His recent "past" was horrible though. I highly doubt anyone will offer him anything significant.

Just last year, but lets not forget Andre Johnson got 7 million after a bad year from the colts, and the chargers reportedly were in for even more. Crazy things happen in the NFL.

Getting $450 for my Switch

Sorry JCBs but that pays for a copy of Zelda for Wii U and then some

this is a disgusting post that is equivalent to saying "Getting $450 for pimping my wife out". You never, EVER! (steve young) turn your back on the JCB's. We are your family and the only thing preventing this universe from collapsing into itself due to trumps bullshit. You need to rethink this.... NOW!

bionic77

this is a disgusting post that is equivalent to saying "Getting $450 for pimping my wife out". You never, EVER! (steve young) turn your back on the JCB's. We are your family and the only thing preventing this universe from collapsing into itself due to trumps bullshit. You need to rethink this.... NOW!
Selling your wife is something a Trump would do

I bet his pillow wife got jealous and put him up to this.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
chicken_regret_nothing.gif

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Nothing will ever top the N64 as their worst home console.

The Switch has two "must play" games coming out this year whereas the N64 had like...6 in its entire lifespan?

The Wii U might be up there but games these days have way more meat on them than they used to. Consider the N64's library and remember that development costs were still really fucking cheap back then and people were more accepting of limited experiences.

Jarnet87

Is selling a Switch for profit against the principles of being a JCB? or is it in a way the definition of being a JCB and thus doing Nintendo's work.

Spinluck

better controller, cheaper, somehow even less gimmicks. Both are pretty awful though outside of a few exclusives. We'll see how well the lineup stacks up on switch.

The only SKU of the Wii U worth buying was the $350 sku since it had more capacity, the better color, and a pack in game.

Switch is $300 and has Zelda at launch. There is no way of knowing which controller is better until you try it. Have you read the impressions on gaming side?

They compare the form factor and build quality to an Apple product, and they've said that while it's in handheld mode it is ergonomically more comfortable than the Wii U tablet was.

Plus it's not named the Wii U so it's already in a better spot.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Nothing will ever top the N64 as their worst home console.

The Switch has two "must play" games coming out this year whereas the N64 had like...6 in its entire lifespan?

The Wii U might be up there but games these days have way more meat on them than they used to. Consider the N64's library and remember that development costs were still really fucking cheap back then and people were more accepting of limited experiences.

damn Idk about that, n64 was the beginning of the end but it has some unbelievable classics.

goldeneye, mario kart, jet force gemini, banjo 1 and 2, mario party, diddy kong racing, mario 64, shadows of the empire, pokemon stadium and snap, rogue squadron, conkers bad fur day, perfect dark, paper mario, star fox 64, super smash brothers, ocarina of time and majoras mask.

Damn man I just strongly disagree with that assessment

Hindl

better controller, cheaper, somehow even less gimmicks. Both are pretty awful though outside of a few exclusives. We'll see how well the lineup stacks up on switch.

It's not cheaper, the Wii U is still retailing at $299 4 years later. Also how do you know the controller is better? No one has held a Switch. But press impressions have been great for the Switch hardware, whereas the Wii U had a Fischer Price toy vibe. And calling the Switch awful in general before it's even released seems premature

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
The only SKU of the Wii U worth buying was the $350 sku since it had more capacity, the better color, and a pack in game.

Switch is $300 and has Zelda at launch. There is no way of knowing which controller is better until you try it. Have you read the impressions on gaming side?

They compare the form factor and build quality to an Apple product, and they've said that while it's in handheld mode it is ergonomically more comfortable than the Wii U tablet was.

Plus it's not named the Wii U so it's already in a better spot.

it has zelda at launch that you can get on wii u. A bunch of rehashed budget games that they're recharging at full price, has 0 3rd party support, the controllers are absurdly expensive, no backwards compatibility, paid online platform with a bizarre "free game" incentive, weird online platform that reggie nor anybody else at ninendo really seems to know how it works, has terrible internal storage in the increasingly digital age, 3 hour battery life on the handheld portion, etc. etc. Everything about it seems so out of touch with the current market it's insane.

I will say I haven't tried to the controller so I can't say so definitively, however not all impressions are positive, some have argued the controllers are too small and awkward and I thought they looked exactly like that from what I saw.

edit-
It's not cheaper, the Wii U is still retailing at $299 4 years later. Also how do you know the controller is better? No one has held a Switch. But press impressions have been great for the Switch hardware, whereas the Wii U had a Fischer Price toy vibe. And calling the Switch awful in general before it's even released seems premature

you're right about that I forget it was 299 which is absurd. I didn't say definitively it will be awful, I said it LOOKS awful, which it does.

Sanjuro

YO BROS!

You want to respect women?

You want to be all you can be?

You want to throw your misogynistic fucking agenda at the curb LIKE A BOSS?!?!?!?

Come to HOOTS!

8EiJ22s.jpg

We'll get you off!

Spinluck

it has zelda at launch that you can get on wii u. A bunch of rehashed budget games that they're recharging at full price, has 0 3rd party support, the controllers are absurdly expensive, no backwards compatibility, paid online platform with a bizarre "free game" incentive, weird online platform that reggie nor anybody else at ninendo really seems to know how it works, has terrible internal storage in the increasingly digital age, 3 hour battery life on the handheld portion, etc. etc. Everything about it seems so out of touch with the current market it's insane.

I will say I haven't tried to the controller so I can't say so definitively, however not all impressions are positive, some have argued the controllers are too small and awkward and I thought they looked exactly like that from what I saw.

The Wii U was a disaster with some great games. I get that you're not on board with Switch, but this coming from someone who bought a Wii U day 1 knowing it was completely fucked. Switch might not do so well, but it getting Pokemon guarantees that it won't bomb nearly as bad.

Paid online is garbage, and that's probably the biggest disappointment in all of this. Paid online on any platform not PC is joke, considering how Steam steamrolls them.

That 3 hour battery depends entirely on the game, it's not too far from some 3DS models. PS4 and most PS3s don't have BC so it's weird for you to come out and bash that of all things. Worst Nintendo console still goes to Wii U, it can't even call the Zelda game that some people bought it for an exclusive and most of its games will probably end up on Switch. 3rd party is a huge concern though.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
damn Idk about that, n64 was the beginning of the end but it has some unbelievable classics.

goldeneye, mario kart, jet force gemini, banjo 1 and 2, mario party, diddy kong racing, mario 64, shadows of the empire, pokemon stadium and snap, rogue squadron, conkers bad fur day, perfect dark, paper mario, star fox 64, super smash brothers, ocarina of time and majoras mask.

Damn man I just strongly disagree with that assessment

I was 15 when the N64 came out so a lot of the more childish games I didn't really get into because reasons.

For me the N64 lineup was:

Super Mario 64
Zelda OoT (Majora's Mask wasn't very good sorry)
Starfox 64
Rogue Squadron
Goldeneye

That was kinda it for me. Wasn't overly impressed with much else on the system.

Then Gamecube came out and blew me away with:

Super Smash Bros. Melee
Luigi's Mansion
Rogue Leader
Super Mario Sunshine
Zelda Wind Waker
Metroid Prime
Metroid Prime 2
Tales of Symphonia
Skies of Arcadia
Soul Calibur 2 (although I played it on PS2 and Xbox also)
Ikaruga
Timesplitters 2 (Goldeneye for the Gamecube basically)
Animal Crossing
THPS 3 (multi platform)
PSO 1+2

That lineup retroactively made the N64 even shittier for me. Plus I remember feeling burned after being so damn excited for the thing since the SNES was the GOAT and the NES was the other GOAT. Gamecube won me back in a real way after the massive disappointment that was the N64. Only for my heart to be ripped out and shitted on by the Wii which also had a more limited library of games that I liked compared to the Gamecube.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom