• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT| - Servicing Us Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

bionic77

Unless you really, really, really liked Halo I don't see how you could find the Xbox to be a better console than the PS2. In my opinion the best consoles of all time is some choice between SNES, DS and PS2. They were just fucking powerhouses with endless good games to play.

I say that as someone who liked his Cube. The GC was the best second system of all time because of how fucking cheap it was. I remember my cousin got a MarioKart bundle for $99 and I think it also came with a second controller. It gave you a lot of value for what you paid for it. Not sure we are ever getting that shit again.

Unless you really, really, really liked Halo I don't see how you could find the Xbox to be a better console than the PS2. In my opinion the best consoles of all time is some choice between SNES, DS and PS2. They were just fucking powerhouses with endless good games to play.

I say that as someone who liked his Cube. The GC was the best second system of all time because of how fucking cheap it was. I remember my cousin got a MarioKart bundle for $99 and I think it also came with a second controller. It gave you a lot of value for what you paid for it. Not sure we are ever getting that shit again.

xbox had the greatest rally racer of all time (rallisport 2) but beyond that it wasn't very good and the controller sucked balls (the S revision was good)

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

Xbox was my multi platform machine for stuff like Splinter Cell and things like that so it had its place. I'm struggling to think of a scenario where the Xbox version wasn't consistently the best way to play a game that was on multiple consoles.

So basically the PS2 and GCN were both machines solely for "exclusives" but damn they had a lot of those back then.

bionic77

Crazy Taxi>>

My dad had Shenmue but I never played it. It looked boring. Giant Bomb proved me right.
Crazy Taxi was tight but Shenmue is no more boring than most open world games that followed them.

Most are trash with shit level design. To this day I could never get into a GTA game. Shit controls and poor design keep me away. I would rather play a tight ass game like Zone of Enders 2.

squicken

The XBOX was my favorite console. I liked western RPGs, shooters, and playing games on my couch in my home theater. At the time the PC had horrible support for controllers and no one used voice in online games, even if it shared a lot of the XBOX's library.

It actually had the best version of Doom 3. Online co-op gave the flashlight wielding real meaning. Only Condemned on the 360 could match that intensity

Tall4Life

Crazy Taxi was tight but Shenmue is no more boring than most open world games that followed them.

Most are trash with shit level design. To this day I could never get into a GTA game. Shit controls and poor design keep me away. I would rather play a tight ass game like Zone of Enders 2.

FOR SHAME, I knew you had awful opinions but this might be one of the top ones

squicken

Xbox was so good

Chaos Theory meng

Yeah those co-op missions were so great. SP was of course awesome. XBOX had fewer games but I always felt it had more of the best games. A lot depends on how much you need JP stuff in your life. It's never been my thing so I didn't miss it

Bread

Banned
Yeah those co-op missions were so great. SP was of course awesome. XBOX had fewer games but I always felt it had more of the best games. A lot depends on how much you need JP stuff in your life. It's never been my thing so I didn't miss it
Splinter Cell coop is incredible. The last one had some really fun missions too. Blacklist? Loved that game.

FOR SHAME, I knew you had awful opinions but this might be one of the top ones

Shenmue is doodoo.

Aged like milk and had lots of problems even in its own time. Very influential though. (Please note: This is opinion haha)

Foundational games? I replayed Resident Evil on PS1 in 1997 at least 5 times. I was 7 years old, that game didn't even phase me. My dad knew I loved that game so he bought me Silent Hill. Noped the fuck out on that. I could get to the elementary school and just couldn't do it.

Shenmue 1 is really hard to get into.

Shenmue 2 is amazing

e: Mario Galaxy is not only the best Mario game, it's literally the best game. (I will also accept Chrono Trigger)

Shenmue 1 is really hard to get into.

Shenmue 2 is amazing

Yep, if the smoke about Sega doing remakes is true, hopefully they will do some gameplay adjustments to the 1st to make it much more accessible. Its a good game (though hasn't aged well), but man was it frustrating trying to get into it back when it came out.

Man og xbox had so.many great games. Let's and Kotor 1 and 2. NGB is still a top 3 game of all time. Jade empire was really good. I actually played through the Xbox version of shenmue rather then the DC game. When the hurricane packs came out for ninja gaiden I just couldn't believe it. They took a great game and just improved it 10000000000%

Beach

The OG Xbox made me love gaming.

Kotor 1 and 2, Splinter Cell, both Halos, Crimson Skies, Ninja Gaiden, PGR3, Otagi etc.

Combine that my PC with Warcraft 3 and Frozen Throne with the OG Dota.

Freaking GOAT gaming time period for me.

I agree. A younger me loved the idea of an open world game.

I've never seen the concept done right.

Milchjon

Shenmue
Shenmue 2
Shenmue 2 Xbox Version
GTA SA
GTA 5

All the open world you need

... I haven't played a decent amount of games in probably 5-7 years

Jarnet87

My favorite memory of the original Xbox was trading in Halo a couple days after launch. What a bundle I got, Halo and Fuzion Frenzy. How could I not love this system?

ESPN 1065 The Ticket‏ @SportsRadio1065

21 years ago today, Bill Belichick was fired from the @Browns.. The @Browns have had 2 winning seasons since.
FAKE NEWS! Art Modell the owner of the Baltimore Ravens fired BB. The very dishonest media!

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Best open world games:

Yakuza (maybe counts? Smallish world with lots of open ended gameplay though)
Elder Scrolls
Assassins Creed 2, Brotherhood, and Black Flag
GTA
Saints Row (I liked all of them, even 4)
Crackdown (first one...I remember liking it better than Infamous)
Jak 2 and 3
Red Dead

I'm a big fan of the genre so I probably missed a few here but I can not get into Far Cry for whatever reason. I've tried on so many occasions to get into Far Cry 3 but it never sticks. Same thing with Fallout...

bionic77

Sunset Overdrive is an amazing open world game.
It did look pretty cool.

Never played it.

It's weird I was just thinking that I have the least amount of good feelings towards the PS3 of any console I can remember. Other then indie games I am trending the same way on the PS4 but that will probably change once I get Rocket League.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom