• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT| - Servicing Us Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Pats used a 2nd rounder on him so they won't move him for less. If he was in this draft he'd be the first qb taken. You are correct though. Why would Bill move on from a QB if he could be a starter?

How mad is GAF going to be when the Pats pay Switch AP for peanuts to replace Blount..
Jimmy G would be the consensus number one pick in the draft, having actual NFL experience.

MechDX

I'm hoping its one of CLE/SF/CHI for one of there top 3 picks.

Baby-Laughing-Hard-and-Falls-Over.gif

Pepiope

Pats used a 2nd rounder on him so they won't move him for less. If he was in this draft he'd be the first qb taken. You are correct though. Why would Bill move on from a QB if he could be a starter?

How mad is GAF going to be when the Pats pay Switch AP for peanuts to replace Blount..
What the Pats spent on him and what he's worth are two different things. Brady is ancient. If Jimmy G was a QB capable of being the guy in NE then he'd still be there and wouldn't be on the trade block.

Fuck the Pats.

What the Pats spent on him and what he's worth are two different things. Brady is ancient. If Jimmy G was a QB capable of being the guy in NE then he'd still be there and wouldn't be on the trade block.

Fuck the Pats.

Pats are a year or 2 away from desperately needing a QB. No fucking way would they trade a young one that knows their system unless they didnt think he was good. If I am any other team I would take Jimmy's name off my list.

Tom Penny

Pats are a year or 2 away from desperately needing a QB. No fucking way would they trade a young one that knows their system unless they didnt think he was good. If I am any other team I would take Jimmy's name off my list.
They have Brisket. They ain't worried about a backup for 5 years.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Don't like cats eh?

No more than most.

Fuck the Pats.

Also if Jimmy was the guy, NE wpuld not have spent a 3rd on Brisset.

JaMarco

This BS. There's no magical information the Pats have about JG that no other team has. Everyone is looking at the same tape and can make their own evaluations. NE knows no more than any other team if JG is the real deal or not.

Pepiope

This BS. There's no magical information the Pats have about JG that no other team has. Everyone is looking at the same tape and can make their own evaluations. NE knows no more than any other team if JG is the real deal or not.
If you're gonna make a troll post, you can't be so obvious about it.

There is no reason for NFL teams to evaluate players during practice any more. Clearly everything you need to know you can get by just watching a few minutes of game film.

JaMarco

There is no reason for NFL teams to evaluate players during practice any more. Clearly everything you need to know you can get by just watching a few minutes of game film.
Baby-Laughing-Hard-and-Falls-Over.gif

There's a ton pre season tape of Garrappolo which is worth a hell of a lot more than useless practice.

Ryan Mallet. Drafted with a 3rd round pick, traded for a 6th.

Wait, I forget myself?! Mallett didn't have TWO WHOLE GAMES worth of tape like Garrropppolllo!

If someone was going to overpay for Jimmy boy it would have happened already. Asterisks will take their 4th round pick and gladly spend it on another Belichick bust.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Patriots would know the following about JG better than anyone else:

- Mistakes i.e. when he's to blame and when he's not
- How other players feel about playing with him, does he lead?
- A more in depth look at his ability to game manage, audible, call protections, etc.
- Closer and more in depth look at his physical talents
- Aptitude to learn an offense
- Work ethic
- Ability to get along with others and help foster a successful environment in the locker room
- Better understanding of his mental fortitude in high pressure scenarios
- Understanding of any perceptible nagging injuries however minor

I'm probably forgetting some big ones but there's literally no way the Patriots don't have a better mastery of all these areas.

- A more in depth look at his ability to game manage, audible, call protections, etc.
- Work ethic
- Ability to get along with others and help foster a successful environment in the locker room

I'm probably forgetting some big ones but there's literally no way the Patriots don't have a better mastery of all these areas.

I just watched a 10 second clip on youtube of Jimmy throwing passes in shorts. I feel like I can answer all those questions now as well as Bill can.

MechDX

Wait, I forget myself?! Mallett didn't have TWO WHOLE GAMES worth of tape like Garrropppolllo!

If someone was going to overpay for Jimmy boy it would have happened already. Asterisks will take their 4th round pick and gladly spend it on another Belichick bust.

Actually it turned into a 7th round pick based on escalators Mallett didnt hit

rick smith knows the true way to stay employed.

Plow the bosses daughter and get her a ring

WhiteOut9-8-12_263.jpg

Just hang out with the owners son and become his kids god father.

Spinluck

Much better. Not sure why so many mock drafts had is taking Cook first. We have no defense, and our line needs work.

You think Belichick is a bad GM?

JaMarco

- Work ethic

Sorry not buying it. Other teams can find all that stuff out if they really wanted to.

This isn't a matter of opinion or belief. You're just wrong

I am really curious how another team, lets say the Texans, would know this without getting to watch Jimmy in practice: - Aptitude to learn an offense.

You can watch all the game film in the world on a guy and you would never know if it took him, weeks, months, or years to pick up the Pats offense.

Bread

Banned
The Pats know nearly nothing about Jimmy G. He practices and works out at home to keep his personality a secret. When he showed up to the game in Week 1 the team was blown away by his good looks. His 2 game sample size proved that he can not only play football, but he can look good while doing it as well.

You think Belichick is a bad GM?

I don't think he is. I know he is. Only reason he hasn't been fired from that job is because he's the greatest coach in the league by a large factor (and a serial cheater, but I feel i've mentioned that in at least one of my posts before, so..)

Belichick's coaching and Brady's play fix Asterisks' drafting errors. Signing guys who are desperate for rings for peanuts and coaching them to play unselfish assignment football is not the hallmark of a great GM.

MechDX

The Pats know nearly nothing about Jimmy G. He practices and works out at home to keep his personality a secret. When he showed up to the game in Week 1 the team was blown away by his good looks. His 2 game sample size proved that he can not only play football, but he can look good while doing it as well.

That's more first round pick worthy! And here we are discussing "practice'.

Tom Penny

Belichick drafts all these busts yet have no problem curb stomping all the Steelers and all the great players they draft. Who would have thunk it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom