• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT| - Servicing Us Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spinluck

He is one of the worst.

He has the best QB ever under a contract where Kraft is paying him under the table and his team consonantly gets sweetheart deals from vets looking to get a ring.

Yet his team fields below average players every week.

Brady is really good, but come on, Bill has never put straight up garbage around him. I think the 2011 team was their worst SB team.

He doesn't have Hall of Famers but he has good coaching and a team that works. He went 11-5 with Matt Fucking Cassel. They got shut out by the Bills while fielding a 3rd stringer, but I don't think that happens with Jimmy G.

I've seen Brady bail them out, but I've also seen them win playoff games regardless of poor play from Brady.

MechDX

C4tb98WVMAYdzGg.jpg:large

Ok NFL/Wressle GAF explain this!

Pats draft in the late 20's every year. When they don't they got bums like Mankins, Wilfork, Mayo and Seymour and Ty Warren.

Logan Mankins - drafted 11 years ago
Vince Wilfork - drafted 12 years ago
Jerod Mayo (WTF?) - drafted 8 years ago
Richard Seymour - drafted 15 years ago
Ty Warren - drafted 13 years ago

Tell an Asterisks fan that the Asterisks don't draft great players consistently and this is the best you get - a shitty list of guys who were drafted a lifetime ago (and a JAG - Jerod Mayo? Seriously?)

Bread

Banned
Logan Mankins - drafted 11 years ago
Vince Wilfork - drafted 12 years ago
Jerod Mayo (WTF?) - drafted 8 years ago
Richard Seymour - drafted 15 years ago
Ty Warren - drafted 13 years ago

Tell an Asterisks fan that the Asterisks don't draft great players consistently and this is the best you get - a shitty list of guys who were drafted a lifetime ago (and a JAG - Jerod Mayo? Seriously?)
He was listing guys who weren't drafted in the late 20s bruh, he said it right in his post. And hate on Mayo all you want but he was a good player before injuries derailed his career.

dionysus

Yaldog
So your argument is that Belichick purposely finds underwhelming players with the intent of coaching them to greatness?

No. He doesn't value individual contributions as much as other teams. He doesn't trade up. He is more discerning when it comes to spending a bunch retaining his stars coming off rookie contracts. Other GMs are afraid to let anyone go and they overpay. He understands drafting has a large lottery component and values quantity. By the way, the Steelers tend to like a lot of draft picks too. A while back I looked at who had the most draft picks over the last five years, it was mostly the top teams in the league and the Steelers were one.

And if you are going to mischaracterize arguments down to dumb one liners, what is the point of debate?

Bad play calling side, I think they certainly helped with the momentum swing that got Brady and co going. They weren't special, but I've seen defeneses continue to collapse with a deficit that big and they didn't. Of course Julio having to work miracles to catch, them not running in the 2nd half, and Cowardly being afraid to make any difficult throw that's not a Checkdown were deciding factors.

How can you put bad play calling aside? Bad play calling from the Atlanta Failures was literally the reason the Asterisks defense was able to get stops.

He was listing guys who weren't drafted in the late 20s bruh, he said it right in his post. And hate on Mayo all you want but he was a good player before injuries derailed his career.

So..Nobody who drafts in the late 20s drafts well? Steelers draft in the late 20s too.

Fox318

Brady is really good, but come on, Bill has never put straight up garbage around him. I think the 2011 team was their worst SB team.

He doesn't have Hall of Famers but he has good coaching and a team that works. He went 11-5 with Matt Fucking Cassel. They got shut out by the Bills while fielding a 3rd stringer, but I don't think that happens with Jimmy G.

I've seen Brady bail them out, but I've also seen them win playoff games regardless of poor play from Brady.

Look at the bums at CB and at fucking WR bill puts out there?

Brady outside of Randy Moss has never had a top flight WR.

you're vowelly wrong

Outside of revis hes a cult leader with getting vets on the cheap.

Bread

Banned
So..Nobody who drafts in the late 20s drafts well? Steelers draft in the late 20s too.
this is all about you feeling like the steelers don't get enough respect, it's amazing.

Brady outside of Randy Moss has never had a top flight WR..
Butler, Ryan, Rowe
Edelman, Amendola, Hogan, Mitchell

"Bums"

it's not 2013 anymore, they have talent on the roster.

No. He doesn't value individual contributions as much as other teams. He doesn't trade up. He is more discerning when it comes to spending a bunch retaining his stars coming off rookie contracts. Other GMs are afraid to let anyone go and they overpay. He understands drafting has a large lottery component and values quantity. By the way, the Steelers tend to like a lot of draft picks too. A while back I looked at who had the most draft picks over the last five years, it was mostly the top teams in the league and the Steelers were one.

And if you are going to mischaracterize arguments down to dumb one liners, what is the point of debate?

You are not refuting anything i'm saying though, is my issue. Not valuing individual contributions is a coaching issue. Ditto being discerning retaining "stars" (funny you don't also think these "stars" not being WORTH a second contract plays into it).
Other GMs are bad, true. Does that make Belichick good?

Belichick is a master at getting blood from a stone. That is a coaching issue. Constantly having to juggle players and pick up other teams over the hill players, even if you coach them to play sound defense, is a GM issue. If Belichick drafted more home grown players in high spots capable of getting to that second contract why wouldn't he do it?

Now that said, the one guy he drafted that arguably should have received a second contract (Chandler Jones) got unceremoniously shipped off anyway. Why? Because in the clutch, Belichick isn't relying on defense to win games (his defense failed twice in the last two Super Bowls they played in.) He relies on Brady.

You can list all the contributors to the Steelers in the last 5 years so I can laugh at the amount compared to the Pats..

So you have no argument. Thought so.

this is all about you feeling like the steelers don't get enough respect, it's amazing.

Butler, Ryan, Rowe
Edelman, Amendola, Hogan, Mitchell

"Bums"

it's not 2013 anymore, they have talent on the roster.

Half those guys weren't even drafted by the Asterisks! And aside from Edelman (arguably) NONE of those guys are great.

I only brought up the Steelers because you made that "Wah wah we always draft late boo hoo" post without a trace of irony.

bionic77

I don't know anymore, bionic

this coffee isn't helping!
You need to open your heart and allow the Switch into your life.

We life in a dark and dangerous world. You need to support anything that is attempting to bring light into the darkness. The Switch is one of these things. See you in March!

When Greg sees Bionic at the YMCA
No one is going to dunk on my arthritic ass. I am too smart for that. I gots that old man game and it works beautifully on the young people (because they are stupid).

Greg

You need to open your heart and allow the Switch into your life.

We life in a dark and dangerous world. You need to support anything that is attempting to bring light into the darkness. The Switch is one of these things. See you in March!

No one is going to dunk on my arthritic ass. I am too smart for that. I gots that old man game and it works beautifully on the young people (because they are stupid).
video games bring nothing but suffering

and in regards to the basketball, I'm an old too, so...

Haason Reddick is being mocked all over the place, from the late first to the bottom of the third. I was hoping the Raiders could get him in the back half of the second, but I don't think he will be available there come draft day

Spinluck

Brady outside of Randy Moss has never had a top flight WR.

Edelman and Amendola are legit good. They don't need top flight guys for the system they run in NE. I always thought Moss was an odd edition anyway outside of like 2 years. Brady has always been better with possession guys than deep threats. Brady has made a name on ball placement, that's what gets his guys YAC.

Bum CBs? Have you watched any film of Butler? He has legit shutdown potential.

Edit: btw I know that Bill sucks at drafting wide outs. CBs, he seems hit or miss. Just like LBs.

Fantomex

You guys wanted Nintendo to get with the times? Well they finally listened.

Pay $20 dollars for DLC content you stupid ass biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch!

bionic77

video games bring nothing but suffering

and in regards to the basketball, I'm an old too, so...
Don't give up Greg.

Switch it up. Get on board with the JCBs.

Yes you are going to have to find time to play the greatest games of all time. Yes you are going to have to find a way to service dozens of gorgeous women a week. Yes you are going to have to deal with the riches that come with being a JCB. But I never said it was easy being a JCB. I only said it was the right thing to do.

If you are not up to it you can move in with Floy and do whatever it is that Floys do.

Me? I choose the JoyConz. Every single time.

Edelman and Amendola are legit good. They don't need top flight guys for the system they run in NE. I always thought Moss was an odd edition anyway outside of like 2 years. Brady has always been better with possession guys than deep threats. Brady has made a name on ball placement, that's what gets his guys YAC.

Edit: btw I know that Bill sucks at drafting wide outs. CBs, he seems hit or miss. Just like LBs.
He built the secondary mostly through the draft.

Ryan, Harmon, Chung and McCourty are all pretty good.

Tom Penny

Agent's Take: J.J. Watt for Gronk? Why trading the pass rusher isn't a crazy idea

Such a flat out dumb idea. If you dont have a QB your best shot is a ridiculously dominating defense. Im all kids of giddy at the thought of the Texans front 7 next year: Watt, Clowney, Reader, Mercilus, McKinney, Cushing and whoever is playing the other OLB.

Oddly enough "other OLB" can be a a star on this defense. How do you block all that?
Great trade. Watt can play tight end too. That's value.

He's miss. Malcolm Butler wasn't drafted. Revis and Talib weren't either (by the Asterisks).

Duxxy3

AGAIN

fox was not talking about guys we drafted, he was just saying that our CBs and WRs were bums.

There was a nice long stretch there where Bill just couldn't draft a good corner. Some of that I blame on the coaching staff. They were much younger then. I swear they grew up as soon as Revis showed up. They have done a MUCH better job developing CB's since.

WR's... OK, yeah Bill had almost a decade in between drafting good WR's. Basically from Branch until Mitchell. I don't think it was coaching. They were just shitty players. They weren't reaches or anything. They just didn't pan out.

On the other hand, he can find and develop defensive linemen and linebackers better than almost anybody else. Also has a good eye for tight ends and running backs.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
You guys wanted Nintendo to get with the times? Well they finally listened.

Pay $20 dollars for DLC content you stupid ass biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch!

It's a sign of the times when i see a 20 dollar season pass and my immediate thought was why only 20?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom