• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT| - Servicing Us Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.
JCBs when the review embargo ends

BUCS-FAN-AGONY.gif

I still remember that game...can't believe we lost

also for all Bradford fans....prepare to get serviced

https://twitter.com/Brickwallblitz/status/833863142648213506

Fuck Horizon. It's all about that Zelda on Switch.

Also Yakuza is awesome. Shit is crazy.

Don't think that because I like you, that I will not fight you.

Horizon is getting great reviews and is already the GOTY. Makes sense, since it got the Dutch Pre-release seal of approval, those games always bang.

Milchjon

Bionic gets to pay for a car worth thousands for the wife and in return he gets to have a toy for spare change.

Power of the Switch!

Sanjuro

Anyone with extra preorder on the Switch? I'm starting to get the feel with PAX this close I'm going to get the desire to grab one. 😥

Jarnet87

I give Cedric Benson credit for his creative excuse in trying to avoid another DUI, but I question whether he had the intelligence to count to three or know the ABCs at any point in his lifetime.

Hindl

Anyone with extra preorder on the Switch? I'm starting to get the feel with PAX this close I'm going to get the desire to grab one. 😥

That's just pre-release hype. At this point if you weren't going to get it but are being swept up in the wave, I'd at least wait a month and see what the response is then. You should be able to get more clear impressions, and there's not a lot coming until April anyway

Sanjuro

That's just pre-release hype. At this point if you weren't going to get it but are being swept up in the wave, I'd at least wait a month and see what the response is then. You should be able to get more clear impressions, and there's not a lot coming until April anyway

TBH pre-releas hype is all that gets my juices flowing. I basically get most games on launch day and only get past the opening cinematic or level.

TBH pre-releas hype is all that gets my juices flowing. I basically get most games on launch day and only get past the opening cinematic or level.
Only thing that matters is pre-release hype, and the first day threads. Let the hype consume you.

After that you can usually put stuff in the trash

bionic77

Bionic gets to pay for a car worth thousands for the wife and in return he gets to have a toy for spare change.

Power of the Switch!
Don't hate on the Boyz.

Thanks to Switch we gots the cars, the ladies and most importantly some HD ice cubes.

And that's just on the preorder. Can't wait to see how much better my life gets in March!

Hindl

I dont understand what he is trying to say. XBox One has been selling great, and has in fact out sold PS4 many of those months in the US. Plus MS has actually had games to play on their system unlike Sony. What an odd comment for someone to make.

It's not about sales. It's about the fact that Xbox is transitioning to a brand instead of a console. Put it this way. If you have a PC, there's almost no reason to have an Xbox. Whereas if you have a PC, PS4 has finally hit its stride where it has exclusives you can't play anywhere else. For Xbox that's Halo and not much else unless you really like EA games

MechDX

Reminds me of when the Eagles turned Juan Castillo, their OL coach of 13 years, into the DC for the wonderful 2012 season

You're just daring Kas to write a 1200 word post on how this is the greatest thing ever and it will make Stafford the greatest QB ever

jbug617

Banned
What Sony has that MS doesn't is Japan support. Sony don't have to go crazy with their 1st party because they get Japanese exclusives.

Hindl

I thought that was the 2011 "Dream Team" season.

You're right got my dates mixed up. Yeah he was there for the dream team season and got fired halfway through the 2012 season

You're just daring Kas to write a 1200 word post on how this is the greatest thing ever and it will make Stafford the greatest QB ever

That would be impressive

What Sony has that MS doesn't is Japan support. Sony don't have to go crazy with their 1st party because they get Japanese exclusives.

This is where I think the Switch lives or dies. Sony has cornered the big AAA Japanese franchises, but the 3DS had a lot of the smaller Japanese series, including a lot of Level 5 and Atlus. If they continue, plus stuff like DQXI coming out could help it. And maybe down the road they'll get Persona 5 and Kingdom Hearts

Jarnet87

Did you not see Phil Spencer say he's going to Japan soon? He's gonna lock up all the exclusives to give his dude bros the goods. FF7 Remake, Persona 6, Chrono Trigger 2, Yakuza 5 (or 6 whichever it's on), Monster Hunter 12. XBone Xclusive. MS will not just be for Dudebro, it will now be for Otakubro as well.

PeterGAF

Banned
Video games are great. The Xbox is great, the PlayStation is great, the Switch will be great. Not as great as Tom Brady, but that's ok. Still pretty great.

That's part of it but Sony first party took two years to really spin up the engine and start getting their output in order. They spent the last year of the PS3 releasing a good bit of first party content which inevitably hurt the PS4's first party output off the bat. Even then we did see some good games in the form of Bloodborne and Until Dawn as an example along with a number of remasters and rereleases which filled in the gaps for those that were stalwart Xbox 360 owners. It wasn't a terribly strong start for Sony Worldwide Studios.

In the past year or so though? We're starting to see the Sony from the end of the PS3 era reemerge that was really clicking. Uncharted 4, Ratchet and Clank, Horizon Zero Dawn, Gravity Rush 2 and the The Last Guardian all bigger releases (or soon to release) in the last year and its a pretty strong line-up. Add in the Japanese support as you noted with stuff like Nioh, Yakuza 0, Nier Automata, Persona 5, etc. and more coming down the pike and yeah - that definitely helps to round out the library.

The "PS4 has no gamez" meme is really laughable at this point.

Hindl

That's part of it but Sony first party took two years to really spin up the engine and start getting their output in order. They spent the last year of the PS3 releasing a good bit of first party content which inevitably hurt the PS4's first party output off the bat. Even then we did see some good games in the form of Bloodborne and Until Dawn as an example along with a number of remasters and rereleases which filled in the gaps for those that were stalwart Xbox 360 owners. It wasn't a terribly strong start for Sony Worldwide Studios though.

In the past year or so though? We're starting to see the Sony from the end of the PS3 era reemerge that was really clicking. Uncharted 4, Ratchet and Clank, Horizon Zero Dawn, Gravity Rush 2 and the The Last Guardian all bigger releases (or soon to release) in the last year and its a pretty strong line-up. Add in the Japanese support as you noted with stuff like Nioh, Yakuza 0, Nier Automata, Persona 5, etc. and more coming down the pike and yeah - that definitely helps to round out the library.

The "PS4 has no gamez" meme is really laughable at this point.

Exactly. The PS4 was basically a ghost town of 1st party for the first 2 years, and it was buoyed mostly because they came out as pro-consumer at a time when Xbox was really shitting the bed. 3rd parties propping it up combined with their strategy of just announcing dream games that were years off every year kept things going until some of those games finally came out. UC4 was the start but it was really FFXV/TLG kicking off into the next 6ish months (now) that Sony has come into its own. But now that it's clicking it's pretty unstoppable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom