• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT| - Servicing Us Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hindl

MWHpbQ6.png

Duxxy3

I'm warming up to the idea of taking McCaffrey. Edelman is getting up there. Amendola is 32. And our receiving backs are gone next year. I don't know if he could be a workhorse, but we could use Blount/Lacy for that role if that's the case.

Spinluck

Never seen this before, Luck pls lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0tY6j2eppo

too bad the rest of the switch seems like its terrible

It's a console launch. They are almost always a barren wasteland of features and software.

People like to forget this every time new hardware launches to prop up their already predetermined beliefs or opinions of said company. Whether it's positive or negative. Not to excuse the Switch clearly being rushed because of what Nintendo told investors. But by now, there's not much of an excuse to not know what you're getting into when you buy a console at launch.

Hindl

I'm warming up to the idea of taking McCaffrey. Edelman is getting up there. Amendola is 32. And our receiving backs are gone next year. I don't know if he could be a workhorse, but we could use Blount/Lacy for that role if that's the case.

Aside from the whole white guy = Pats thing, I don't get why Pats fans are so resistant to McCaffrey. I don't think BB could make a better RB for his offense if he grew them in a test tube. He's basically a slot receiver with his ability to catch out of the backfield, and has lined up there several times. He can create mismatches all over the offense. And yes, unlike a lot of other WR/RBs you see coming out, he's a great RB. He's not a bruiser, but had over 1600 yards rushing this year and 2000 last year. Yes, rushing, not all-purpose. His flaws are that doesn't have the biggest burst, and is little tall/light for a RB, so he's not going to be breaking tackles, and he's white. But he's perfect for the right offense, and that offense is the Patriots. This is reminding me of when I was arguing with Cowboys fans last year that taking Zeke was the best move for them

The only argument I can see against it is that they'd want to invest in defense and that this is a stacked class for RBs. And I'd argue that that's true, but the top tier defenders aren't going to be there at 32, and there's plenty of depth there in the rest of the draft. You could say the same for RBs, but I don't think there is a RB that fits as well with the Pats as McCaffrey. Maybe Alvin Kamara but he's been shooting up the boards lately.

Oh is it 900? Damn.

Yeah there's been conflicting reports but that seems like the general consensus. We'll know for sure next week but that's what I'm expecting

Hindl

An underrated thing about the Switch I forgot about is the use of carts instead of discs. When I get it next Friday, I can just pop Zelda in and start playing, I don't have to wait for it to install. It's a small thing, yeah, but I like carts, and I like physical media that acts as more than just an installer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom