• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT| - Servicing Us Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spinluck

Someone on my Facebook said that it has been proven that maternity leave is why women don't get equal income to men...

I thought it was because they have vagina.

Spinluck

Ny4vmjI.png

We getting serviced! Rocket League on the go!

I'm tired of Facebook these days

Honestly thinking of deleting all the Trump.

But I want to be there to see them cry when Trump fucks up.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=229130390&posted=1#post229130390

Throwback thread has me remembering when this thread used to be at the top of the OT. I remember being intimidated as hell when I first posted in here.

We used to be more active too

Now nobody clicks the community tab and OT is 50% politics

I'm tired of Facebook these days

I've never been so exhausted from just reading political arguments

I almost want to go on a Trump blackout and just have someone remind me when it's time to vote and hope we don't collectively fuck up again

Are the Williams sisters the most dominant sibling duo in sports all time?

Probably, although I'm disappointed you forgot about Michael Laudrup and his brother, Chelsea legend, Brian.

There are loads of cricketing families. Steve and Mark Waugh were the first ones that came to my mind but Mark, great as he was, wasn't as good as Venus, which is the big problem when trying to find rivals for the Williams sisters. Even if one sibling was one of the GOATs, the other brother/sister would still need to be one of the top 20-30 ever in their sport to have a chance of beating Venus and Serena.

Shoutout to the Klitschkos, as well as Jack and Bobby Charlton. Shame Cooper Manning never panned out otherwise he and Eli could have had a shot at the crown.

gutshot

I almost want to go on a Trump blackout and just have someone remind me when it's time to vote and hope we don't collectively fuck up again

Same here. I used to enjoy going on Twitter to catch up on the latest news and laugh at the memes and jokes. Now it is just depressing as hell.

Manning brothers are unquestionably better.

No they aren't. Serena won her first championship in 1999, 17 years ago, and has been dominant since. Despite an illness Venus has won multiple titles as well, and they've both dominated in doubles play. Collectively they've dominated their sport far more than the Manning brothers have theirs.

Someone on my Facebook said that it has been proven that maternity leave is why women don't get equal income to men...

I thought it was because they have vagina.
It might not be the only reason but when you're off having two kids back to back, that's 12 months off where you're not going to get any bonus or salary increase, you come back for 6-12 months and basically have to get back in the groove and if you're chasing another child you're off for 12 months again, even at 2% per year you're losing up to 36 months of your prime years in terms of both salary increases/bonuses and advancement opportunities, when you come back you still need to compromise your career to care for two young children, even with daycare, basically it slows things down for you, some women put their career on hold to focus on motherhood, the reality is that the rewards of motherhood do come at a price, but you're right there watching your kids grow up while dads often don't get to do that and they miss a lot of this. This whole time guys with or without kids are grinding away (we also die earlier in life), single women tend to be much more competitive in terms of salary.

It might not be the only reason but when you're off having two kids back to back, that's 12 months off where you're not going to get any bonus or salary increase, you come back for 6-12 months and basically have to get back in the groove and if you're chasing another child you're off for 12 months again, even at 2% per year you're losing up to 36 months of your prime years in terms of both salary increases/bonuses and advancement opportunities, when you come back you still need to compromise your career to care for two young children, even with daycare, basically it slows things down for you, some women put their career on hold to focus on motherhood, the reality is that the rewards of motherhood do come at a price. This whole time guys with or without kids are grinding away, single women tend to be much more competitive in terms of salary.

Not to mention that there is a bias against women who go on leave to have children. Employers are hesitant to advance women lest they go off on mat leave and the position has to be filled with temp work.

Line_HTX

This is why I follow and RT different things so I don't have to think about the news when I see them. It's pretty much unavoidable to have a complete blackout.

LJ11

Look what the boy (me) fucking did for y'all.

Anyway to get avg separation?

The top of this draft looks ridiculous. Not sure there are gamebreaking WRs, but some very good ones, some gamebreaking running backs for sure though. Will be interesting to see where the backs go.

Not to mention that there is a bias against women who go on leave to have children. Employers are hesitant to advance women lest they go off on mat leave and the position has to be filled with temp work.
I'm not quite sure it's a bias against women because they're women, paternal leave is kind of frowned upon not to mention we get far less time, dads who go on paternal leave don't always get their old jobs back (same level but not necessarily the same position). Companies can't just promote you knowing you'll be gone in 6 months and will be gone for up to a year, and then put everything on hold until you come back.

It's a reality that both men and women have to deal with, I think it's not as much of an inequality deliberately imposed based on gender but simply because men and women are biologically different and often have different needs and drive. Men are generally more career driven and far less adept at child rearing due to lower emotional sensitivity and there are also societal expectations.

Yeah ok mr brexit

*pats head*

You should save that comeback for a time when I start cheering for unabashed supporters of racist shitheads and/or condoning it because "oh well lots of people are racist so it's OK".

You couldn't even keep up this pretense for a month.

This is bullshit. Fuck trump fuck Brady fuck Belichick fuck anybody else who voted trump.

Man fuck Brady and fuck Belichick even more.

Man fuck Brady and Belichick. I can't look past them supporting such a prick. As long as they are on the Patriots I won't be a patriot fan anymore.

That bullshit yesterday was the last straw

Jarnet87

Anyway to get avg separation?

The top of this draft looks ridiculous. Not sure there are gamebreaking WRs, but some very good ones, some gamebreaking running backs for sure though. Will be interesting to see where the backs go.

Send Fournette to Cleveland, please don't send Dalvin to Purgatory

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
*pats head*

You should save that comeback for a time when I start cheering for unabashed supporters of racist shitheads and/or condoning it because "oh well lots of people are racist so it's OK".

You couldn't even keep up this pretense for a month.

I said "got damn"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom