• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT| - Servicing Us Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hindl

Oh goddamn some of the spoiler shit in that Zelda preview thread...there are so many things they haven't shown. I only saw one thing and decided to bail on everything else because it was so cool

Greg

Oh goddamn some of the spoiler shit in that Zelda preview thread...there are so many things they haven't shown. I only saw one thing and decided to bail on everything else because it was so cool
that you don't have to waste money on a Switch to play it?

yeah, I thought that was cool too

MechDX

patrickVerified account‏@PatDStat 3m3 minutes ago
More
#Texans Combine Schedule
Bill O'Brien meets w/media on Wed (March 1) @ 3:30 pm
Rick Smith meets w/media on Thursday (March 2) @ 11:00 am

HFMilcC.gif

Tom Nook

I'm purposely avoiding any Zelda Threads here and any Zelda related videos on Youtube.

bionic77

Dem Zelda impressions...

Shiiiiiiiiiii

Bionic, we are doing it!!!!

http://metro.co.uk/2017/02/24/the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-hands-on-preview-eye-opener-6470487/

game journalsim
Horizon is for the graphics and the story.

If you into that you probably have horrible taste but you will like that game better than Zelda.

If you want gameplay and a finely crafted experience that is tailored for people of higher intelligence and impeccable taste. Well then you better hope you can find a Switch and Zelda next Friday. What can I tell you. Plan ahead mofos. Plan ahead.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I mean, if you have a Wii U then you're already a person of good taste and can play Zelda on that if you wish. Switch is just another level of class on top of that.

Even with a 4KTV I have zero interest in using my console for movies...I have a dedicated blu-ray player for that.
I have a huge collection of Blu-rays and I will definitely buy some 4k movies, plus I watch DVDs on my Xbox one everyday. Companies steal back features to save pennies is an awful anti-consumer practice that needs to die.

Hindl

A bit of a low blow, but I'm surprised they went that far lol

Still getting both though, just sucks they're so close together. I take forever to beat open world games. Took me a year and a half to beat Witcher 3.

Lol

Yeah I expected them to be compared for a lot more reasons than just two open world games being so close together, wasn't expecting a reviewer to bring it up.

I just wish Horizon came out a month earlier, I really want to play it before Zelda. But with the upcoming slate of games I'm probably not going to get to it until at least May. I'm about a third of the way thru Yakuza 0 and have an unopened copy of Nioh, and Persona is so soon. Horizon is just gonna get put on the backburner unfortunately which sucks cuz it also looks great

I'm purposely avoiding any Zelda Threads here and any Zelda related videos on Youtube.

Yeah that's a good move. I was alright spoiling myself with some of the crazy things enemies can do, but I saw a whole new mechanic that they haven't shown off yet, and it's something that everyone will just encounter randomly. I wish I didn't spoil it since it seems like a really cool thing to discover on your own. Once I saw that I decided to go on a blackout since other stuff is being spoiled

portable gaming is the most overrated shit ever

how often are you actually playing games out of the house?

Not even out of the house. I like being able to play games right before I go to bed and then just put it on my nightstand. Yeah I could turn off the TV and put the console in rest mode, but I dunno I like playing on a handheld before bed

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I got enough Zelda from e3.

Hell I got enough Switch just from that teaser to automatically set money aside for it.

My gaming preferences go: Nintendo Handhelds>Nintendo Consoles>Other Handhelds>PC>Sony Consoles>Sega Consoles>Microsoft Consoles.

So the Switch is basically the ultimate Man God Approved product.

Sanjuro

portable gaming is the most overrated shit ever

how often are you actually playing games out of the house?

The owner of the Chinese restaurant near me has a Super Nintendo, N64, and Wii U at the bar.

Outside that, I wouldn't bring a handheld really anywhere else. Maybe a hotel or plane. Even then I rather drink at a airport bar and pass out on the flight.

bionic77

One of the few things I agree with Lunchbox on.

I can't be seen rocking that Zelda in public.

The boy would not be doing it
Most people play handhelds in their house and it is amazing.

Same reason most people prefer laptops and tablets to pcs. You don't usually take it outside of the house but it awesome to just pick it up and go.

JCBs know.

I have a huge collection of Blu-rays and I will definitely buy some 4k movies, plus I watch DVDs on my Xbox one everyday. Companies steal back features to save pennies is an awful anti-consumer practice that needs to die.

Sony didn't "steal back" anything, it's not like the OG PS4 had 4K playback. If you're buying a console you're buying it for the games not for movie formats, the Pro is for the more hardcore gamer, not movie aficionados.

The fact that the xbox has it is cool but I wouldn't buy one because of that, I'd buy one for the games...and they are all on PC so I'll never buy an xbox.

Bread

Banned
The owner of the Chinese restaurant near me has a Super Nintendo, N64, and Wii U at the bar.

Outside that, I wouldn't bring a handheld really anywhere else. Maybe a hotel or plane. Even then I rather drink at a airport bar and pass out on the flight.
I bought a 3ds at black friday and used it on my trip back to boston, haven't touched it since. i don't see why i would.

Sony didn't "steal back" anything, it's not like the OG PS4 had 4K playback. If you're buying a console you're buying it for the games not for movie formats, the Pro is for the more hardcore gamer, not movie aficionados.

The fact that the xbox has it is cool but I wouldn't buy one because of that, I'd buy one for the games...and they are all on PC so I'll never buy an xbox.
Sure they did. Ps3 games were on Blu-ray disks and you could watch Blu-ray disks as well, same with the PS2 and PSX. Every previous PlayStation console played disk based media. That is absolutely a standard feature that Sony is removing so that they can make even more profit.

Sure they did. Ps3 games were on Blu-ray disks and you could watch Blu-ray disks as well, same with the PS2 and PSX. Every previous PlayStation console played disk based media. That is absolutely a standard feature that Sony is removing so that they can make even more profit.

Uh PS4 can still play Blu-rays...just not Ultra HD ones..

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

Yeah but I don't think physical media playback methods are a selling point for consumer electronics anymore.

With the PS2 it was huge because DVDs were a massive step up from VHS. With the PS3 it was a nice bump but not nearly as big because people still were fine with DVDs for the most part.

I guess you have to think who is really clamoring for 4K blu rays outside enthusiasts? Everyone streams everything these days. I don't think leaving out or having 4K blu ray capability does a whole lot for either console - certainly not to the level that the PS2 or even PS3 were helped by DVD and Blu Ray respectively.

Hindl

Yeah the no 4K blu-ray sucks, and down the road it'll probably be a bigger problem. But I'm not planning on buying a 4K TV for at least several years, and I don't really keep physical media besides games. Plus I'm not even getting a PS4PRo so it doesn't bother me. It seems like it would've been easy to include so Sony should get some heat, but it's not the worst thing in the world. Seems more like a good job MS rather than bad fuckup Sony

"Heterosexual women achieve the fewest orgasms"

"I ate a pop tart in the shower today"

GAF is such a magical place.

An hour of my commute is sitting on a ferry boat, so 2 hours a day at least if I don't have work to do on the ride?

What do you play? I never got into it. I got a PSP and only played it at home and same goes for the DS with various Pokémon games. I just don't find it relaxing when playing in public.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Portable consoles are great for air travel and hotels anyway. Although sometimes I'll pack the console for the hotel room.

Also the only thing to be consumed in a shower is a beer or maybe another alcoholic beverage. But drinking a bottled beer is amazing.

Slo

I don't understand the "stealing back" features comment. We don't think of car companies "stealing back" a sunroof if they stop offering in it in their newest models of cars.

But I'm not planning on buying a 4K TV for at least several years,

Wife just brought home a 50" 4k Samsung for like $400. Pretty soon you'll have a hard time buying a TV that doesn't support 4k.

Hindl

I don't understand the "stealing back" features comment. We don't think of car companies "stealing back" a sunroof if they stop offering in it in their newest models of cars.

Wife just brought home a 50" 4k Samsung for like $400. Pretty soon you'll have a hard time buying a TV that doesn't support 4k.

Oh yeah I agree, it's just I have two TVs (one in the living room and one in my bedroom) that I recently bought, so I don't think I'll be in the market to buy a new TV for several years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom