• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT| - Servicing Us Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechDX

That's my Coach man!

YSiXUBH.jpg

He does what he can with what he is given

Bread

Banned
If cajun were here he would say something like this "i am thankful for these times when the saints are terrible, being terrible is great and i would hate for my team to be good for a long period of time because that would be boring."

Mudcrab

I think I would literally kill myself if I was a Saints fan.

What over a possible Cooks trade? Nah man its clear Michael Thomas is the future and Snead will still be on the field. As long as we get even somewhat decent compensation for Cooks I think most Saints fans will be okay with a trade. No matter what we have on offense we aren't doing shit without building our defense and we're going to have to do something to get more picks.

What over a possible Cooks trade? Nah man its clear Michael Thomas is the future and Snead will still be on the field. As long as we get even somewhat decent compensation for Cooks I think most Saints fans will be okay with a trade. No matter what we have on offense we aren't doing shit without building our defense and we're going to have to do something to get more picks.

He was the 20th pick in the draft just a few years ago, what compensation could they get that would be close to that? I cant imagine anyone given them a first now.

Hindl

Do the Saints run a 3-4? I could see us trading Kendricks, Barwin, and a 3rd/4th for Cooks

If cajun were here he would say something like this "i am thankful for these times when the saints are terrible, being terrible is great and i would hate for my team to be good for a long period of time because that would be boring."

Not enough Lafeyette references.

B+ for idea

C- for execution

A++++ for effort

Hindl

Me to, he has to be one of the most overpaid players in the league. The only problem with trading him is who would be the backup?

There's the 3rd string QB that's on the practice squad. And I kinda expect them to use one of the 5-7 round picks on a QB. But I'm not sure it matters much. If the Eagles (or almost any team really) lose their starting QB the season is toast anyway

Hindl

Two words..

Michael Thomas.

They don't need Cooks when they can get similar production out of Thomas for cheap.

Tennessee gives NO the 5th pick for Cooks then?

Yeah I know they have Thomas and Snead. But I dunno, I guess the better statement is I'm not sure what the Eagles can offer that would get them to part with him. I'd love him, but I'd be alright if the Titans get him too. Means one less team that'll potentially take Corey Davis

Me to, he has to be one of the most overpaid players in the league. The only problem with trading him is who would be the backup?

There's the 3rd string QB that's on the practice squad. And I kinda expect them to use one of the 5-7 round picks on a QB. But I'm not sure it matters much. If the Eagles (or almost any team really) lose their starting QB the season is toast anyway

Hindl pretty much hits it here. They have a guy on the roster, or they could draft a late round backup. Getting out from under Chase's contract would let them get another FA playmaker. Chase's contract makes him easily cuttable next season so teams that need a backup that have good wiggle room in cap space might take him. Maybe he can be the next QB on the Brown's QB carousel.

JaMarco

On top of it all, at least the Saints won it in recent memory.
That's what makes it suicide worthy though. Teams like that Jets there's clearly never any hope so no reason to get your hopes up. The Saints are year after year pissing away the career of an all time great QB never giving him any chance to compete for another SB.

Hindl

That's what makes it suicide worthy though. Teams like that Jets there's clearly never any hope so no reason to get your hopes up. The Saints are year after year pissing away the career of an all time great QB never giving him any chance to compete for another SB.

In that case why don't you think Packers fans have it the worst? For 25 consecutive years they've had two of the greatest QBs of all time and have 2 SBs to show for it

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
In that case why don't you think Packers fans have it the worst? For 25 consecutive years they've had two of the greatest QBs of all time and have 2 SBs to show for it

Took the words right out of my mouth

I don't remember jumping off a bridge during the nearly 10 years after the Packers lost in 1997 before they even had a chance to sniff a Super Bowl again (although that made 2007 all the worse)

MechDX

Doug Kyed‏Verified account @DougKyed 4m4 minutes ago
More
If Toledo RB Kareem Hunt runs a sub-7-second 3-cone, you might as well pencil him onto the Patriots. One fumble in 855 career touches.

Info Dump for Dophins-Gaf!

@Eric_Edholm 1m1 minute ago
Adam Gase on how he feels on Kenny Stills return:

"One day I feel good, one day I feel like crap about it. ... I hate free agency."

@schadjoe 2m2 minutes ago
More
Isa Abdul-Quddus injury more serious than initially believed

@schadjoe 4m4 minutes ago
Adam Gase says perception of Ryan Tannehill changed more outside than inside

@greggrosenthal
Adam Gase says DeVante Parker needs to be more consistent in approach. ... show up on time

@ArmandoSalguero 7m7 minutes ago
More
Armando Salguero Retweeted Hurt Me Soul
I've been told #17 will be more of a pocket passer going forward. That doesn't mean he can't run, just might not as much. Still can move.

@schadjoe

Following
More
Adam Gase: Don’t Lie to players. Don’t BS them. #MiamiDolphins

;_;

I dont get the Stills thing with the fins. They have a ton of cap space so if they want him back why not just sign him, or even tag him? I am surprised it has gone on for this long, I wonder if that story about his camp asking for $12m a year really is true.

Yeah I know they have Thomas and Snead. But I dunno, I guess the better statement is I'm not sure what the Eagles can offer that would get them to part with him. I'd love him, but I'd be alright if the Titans get him too. Means one less team that'll potentially take Corey Davis
The Titans can give the fifth pick away for Cooks and the Saints first. Saints can use that pick to draft Drew's successor I guess from one of the remaining QBs I suppose could be the Saint's logic since they need to find one in the immediate future before Drew finally breaks down completely.

I don't think the Iggles can compete with that unless they wanted to give away Carson or Fletcher I guess?

JaMarco

Doug Kyed‏Verified account @DougKyed 4m4 minutes ago
More
If Toledo RB Kareem Hunt runs a sub-7-second 3-cone, you might as well pencil him onto the Patriots. One fumble in 855 career touches.
lol @ "penciling in" any prospect to the Patriots, like if anyone ever has any idea who they will draft.

I dont get the Stills thing with the fins. They have a ton of cap space so if they want him back why not just sign him, or even tag him? I am surprised it has gone on for this long, I wonder if that story about his camp asking for $12m a year really is true.

New story came out a day or two ago saying we might get him for 8-10, which would be great, I'm sure it's going to come down to the last minute like always.

Here

Hindl

The Titans can give the fifth pick away for Cooks and the Saints first. Saints can use that pick to draft Drew's successor I guess from one of the remaining QBs I suppose could be the Saint's logic since they need to find one in the immediate future before Drew finally breaks down completely.

I don't think the Iggles can compete with that unless they wanted to give away Carson or Fletcher I guess?

Well yeah, if the Titans give away a first, let alone pick 5, no way Eagles can compete with that. That's the thing, I think the most the Eagles can offer is a bundle trade of Kendricks/Barwin/3rd round pick. If the Titans go all out to get Cooks then he's theirs. Which again, fine by me. Less competition for Corey Davis. And no, at least for the next several years, Wentz and Cox are going nowhere

Edit: Well with Mech's update that pretty much seals the deal

Update: #Titans & #Saints Discussing Two Trade Scenarios Involving TEN's 1st-Rd Picks For WR Brandin Cooks https://t.co/9wmA4h9RLd https://t.co/Sjgwexmwcv

Two scenarios for Cooks trade with the Tacks

I am shocked that a team would be willing to trade a first for him, I guess going from 5 to 11 isnt that bad. Man it is going to be tough for the Eagles to match that. I wonder if the Eagles gave up their 1st and got back a 2nd if that would be a better deal for the Saints?

Hindl

I am shocked that a team would be willing to trade a first for him, I guess going from 5 to 11 isnt that bad. Man it is going to be tough for the Eagles to match that. I wonder if the Eagles gave up their 1st and got back a 2nd if that would be a better deal for the Saints?

If they're giving up a 1st let them have him. There's plenty of talent the Eagles can get at 14/15. You yourself said the Eagles need CBs, I'd rather use a 1st on that and draft a later round WR/get one in FA. I don't want to give up that first round pick for anything. There's so many blue chip prospects that also line up perfectly with all of the Eagles positions of need

If they're giving up a 1st let them have him. There's plenty of talent the Eagles can get at 14/15. You yourself said the Eagles need CBs, I'd rather use a 1st on that and draft a later round WR/get one in FA. I don't want to give up that first round pick for anything. There's so many blue chip prospects that also line up perfectly with all of the Eagles positions of need

Oh CB is the biggest need by far. I would take that over anything. I was just wondering if that Eagles couldnt make a better package then the titans if they wanted to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom