• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT| - Servicing Us Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hindl

Oh CB is the biggest need by far. I would take that over anything. I was just wondering if that Eagles couldnt make a better package then the titans if they wanted to.

Yeah, if the Titans are willing to give up the 5th pick I don't see how the Eagles beat it. If they're giving the Saints the 18th pick, I could see an argument for giving up 14/15, since Cooks is a more sure thing than any rookie, but I'd still probably not do it

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Just got the "your order will be ready for pickup" mail from Best Buy. Time to pick up Switch at midnight.

Update: #Titans & #Saints Discussing Two Trade Scenarios Involving TEN's 1st-Rd Picks For WR Brandin Cooks https://t.co/9wmA4h9RLd https://t.co/Sjgwexmwcv

Two scenarios for Cooks trade with the Tacks
And they could still draft Williams if they want or work on the secondary..

This is a good deal for Tennessee..

Well yeah, if the Titans give away a first, let alone pick 5, no way Eagles can compete with that. That's the thing, I think the most the Eagles can offer is a bundle trade of Kendricks/Barwin/3rd round pick. If the Titans go all out to get Cooks then he's theirs. Which again, fine by me. Less competition for Corey Davis. And no, at least for the next several years, Wentz and Cox are going nowhere

Edit: Well with Mech's update that pretty much seals the deal
Yup

Bread

Banned
Horizon: Year Zero is a fantastic game that I cannot stop playing. While I am at work thoughts of Aloy drift in and out of my head, I wonder how she's doing without me there to help her fight the evil metal dinosaur. When video games mean literally everything to you, it's hard to focus on anything else. *sigh* the life of a gamer, right guys?

Gobias

Banned
Horizon: Year Zero is a fantastic game that I cannot stop playing. While I am at work thoughts of Aloy drift in and out of my head, I wonder how she's doing without me there to help her fight the evil metal dinosaur. When video games mean literally everything to you, it's hard to focus on anything else. *sigh* the life of a gamer, right guys?

How can video games be your life if Boston sports is life?

Hindl

In all this Horizon and Zelda talk people better not forget about Yakuza 0. Can you teach a dominatrix how to punish a masochist in front of kids in Horizon? Can you teach a fraudulent punk band full of boy scouts how to be tough in Zelda? Didn't think so

1st round pick for a Cooks? Almost none of the best WR the last 15 years won a SB And that's pretty much how it is historically.. Dumb teams..stay dumb.
I agree. Cooks not worth a 1st rounder pick in return. But hey it's the AFC south. WE'RE dumb on signings/trades.

Ex:Brock

Bread

Banned
How can video games be your life if Boston sports is life?
omgwtf.gif

Just get Horizon Zero Dawn for your PS4, Bionic.

You will be fully immersed into the beautiful world, that you won't even care about not having your Switch and Zelda anymore.

dionysus

Yaldog
Wow, Saints talk!

So the Saints run a 4-3 for whoever asked that. As for trading Cooks, it depends on what we get for him. Thomas is the better receiver but Cooks is a great go route threat that forces the safeties to play deep.

Cooks is on his last year with the 5th year option available, so 2 years of team control. I think I wouldn't give him up unless we get something really good for him, he is cheap and a good contributor. Offense would be worse without him.

I wouldn't sign him though at market value but I probably would give him the 5th year option though I would think long and hard about it. So many other needs.

Edit. Do 5th year options transfer in a trade?

dionysus

Yaldog
Did Cooks have some frustration with how he was used?

Yes. One game he barely got targeted and he complained about how he was a 1 receiver to the media and deserved to be a focus of the offense. That is about it other than rumors after that incident that he may be a typical receiver diva. I think the next game Brees threw it to him a bunch (in a loss.)

Nothing really bad has come out that would make it the primary reason for a trade though. He isn't TO.

Hindl

Wow, Saints talk!

So the Saints run a 4-3 for whoever asked that. As for trading Cooks, it depends on what we get for him. Thomas is the better receiver but Cooks is a great go route threat that forces the safeties to play deep.

Cooks is on his last year with the 5th year option available, so 2 years of team control. I think I wouldn't give him up unless we get something really good for him, he is cheap and a good contributor. Offense would be worse without him.

I wouldn't sign him though at market value but I probably would give him the 5th year option though I would think long and hard about it. So many other needs.

Edit. Do 5th year options transfer in a trade?

That was me asking about the defense. So with that news I'm not sure there's anything the Eagles could offer. Even if the Saints were running a 3-4, if that news about the Titans is true, Cooks is as good as a Titan already

Bears are one of the teams interested in trading for Chase Daniel:

Bears would be a potential landing spot. https://t.co/OemFX7kivG

— Jeff McLane (@Jeff_McLane) March 2, 2017

Jeffrey leaving AND they're potentially getting Chase Daniel as their QB AND they'd have to give up something in return? Man that's rough

bionic77

Just get Horizon Zero Dawn for your PS4, Bionic.

You will be fully immersed into the beautiful world, that you won't even care about not having your Switch and Zelda anymore.
Sounds good but it doesn't meet the 98 metacritic rating I need to justify the time sink in my busy ass life.

Looks like a nice little B tier title though with an awesome B movie type story and dialogue.

That was me asking about the defense. So with that news I'm not sure there's anything the Eagles could offer. Even if the Saints were running a 3-4, if that news about the Titans is true, Cooks is as good as a Titan already

Jeffrey leaving AND they're potentially getting Chase Daniel as their QB AND they'd have to give up something in return? Man that's rough

Not even joking but the Bears are the team that would be the toughest to be a fan of right now.

Sounds good but it doesn't meet the 98 metacritic rating I need to justify the time sink in my busy ass life.

Looks like a nice little B tier title though with an awesome B movie type story and dialogue.

You wanna go old man?!

I'll defend the honour of Horizon Zero Dawn and the Playstation 4, and you'll fight for the Switch and that kiddy version of HZD.

Striker

Why aren't Cincinnati seeing what AJ McCarron can get them? If Jimmy G can get someone a high pick, surely AJ can too. I mean, what sense is it to have a backup behind a young guy like Dalton when you can get some good value for him.

Why aren't Cincinnati seeing what AJ McCarron can get them? If Jimmy G can get someone a high pick, surely AJ can too. I mean, what sense is it to have a backup behind a young guy like Dalton when you can get some good value for him.

AJ is worthless. Both as a football player and as a human being.

I heard that they are trying to shop him but that their asking price was crazy high.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom