• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT| - Servicing Us Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigAT

Mnbhkmz.gif

bionic77

the problem with trump and trumpers is that they are controlled by dictator/patriots friend vladimir putin. While he may have been bestowed an honorary superbowl ring by the entire patriots organization, and while he may control the current president, he sure as fuck don't control the JCB's!
You can't argue with facts.

I know this all too well as a professional lawyer person.

Hindl

bionic77

Target had like 3 fucking pro controllers, and then Walmart was Walmart, never again.
Yeah I just strolled in and picked up neon JoyCons and a pro controller.

This is what servicing feels like!

Dutch you still own me a pro controller. I am going to pay you in 10 soiled stripper ass ones.

Jarnet87

I even helped the lady behind me, she needed a second system for her 2 kids and I purchased one with her card. Was this an elaborate ruse? Was she for corporate greed and not for true JCB? I try to get myself some karma and no controller to be had. On tap of that I think I have a nail in my tire. Switchmas, more like shitmas.

bionic77

After I bought my pro controller and extra joy cons I bought some garbage bags and the cashier noticed my switch haul.

He then proceeded to tell me for the next 5 minutes that he had a hack WiiU and downloaded BOTW earlier in the week and how it was the best game he had ever played. While I was happy that he enjoyed this greatest of games I was not too happy with some dude bragging to me about his piracy.

JoyConBoyz do not condone piracy or the Trumps. We ain't about that.

Just the controller boxes are sexy as heck. Can't wait until the real deal comes (usually around 10am)!

So McCaffery says he feels disrespected by people for not giving him enough credit. Kid better back that up by busting his balls to prove people wrong or he'll just be another burned out ego.

BigAT

After I bought my pro controller and extra joy cons I bought some garbage bags and the cashier noticed my switch haul.

He then proceeded to tell me for the next 5 minutes that he had a hack WiiU and downloaded BOTW earlier in the week and how it was the best game he had ever played. While I was happy that he enjoyed this greatest of games I was not too happy with some dude bragging to me about his piracy.

JoyConBoyz do not condone piracy or the Trumps. We ain't about that.

Just the controller boxes are sexy as heck. Can't wait until the real deal comes (usually around 10am)!

Honestly I don't think some random broke boi behind the counter even deserves to be mentioned in the same breath as the JCBz. Did the red vest do a good job of covering up most of the stains on his unwashed Pats t-shirt or were they still visible?

bionic77

Honestly I don't think some random broke boi behind the counter even deserves to be mentioned in the same breath as the JCBz. Did the red vest do a good job of covering up most of the stains on his unwashed Pats t-shirt or were they still visible?
He was open about it.

He asked if I wanted to see his Tom Brady tramp stamp and I just politely told him that I was a fucking JCB and not to look me in the eyes while I finished the transaction.

bionic77

Tbh the more they show of Mass Effect the less appealing it looks
Outside of Nintendo, for the most part most games get way less attractive the more sequels they get.

GTA so far is probably one of the other few exceptions to this rule. Can't think of many others. Maybe Sonic?

Hindl

Outside of Nintendo, for the most part most games get way less attractive the more sequels they get.

GTA so far is probably one of the other few exceptions to this rule. Can't think of many others. Maybe Sonic?

Sonic? Uh....

But if we're going by series on their 4th game, I'd say Uncharted, Gears, Far Cry (4 was a better game than 3, but didn't feel as fresh so people weren't as big on it), and a few others. Then you go to reboots that have been wildly successful like Doom, Hitman, and Ratchet and Clank and there's a few others. We'll see about God of War too. But it seems like there's no real middle ground for most series. Either it doesn't reach enough success to get to the 4th game, or it does and is subsequently run into the ground (CoD, Assassin's Creed, Battlefield, Tony Hawk, Mega Man, etc.)

bionic77

Sonic? Uh....

But if we're going by series on their 4th game, I'd say Uncharted, Gears, Far Cry (4 was a better game than 3, but didn't feel as fresh so people weren't as big on it), and a few others. Then you go to reboots that have been wildly successful like Doom, Hitman, and Ratchet and Clank and there's a few others. We'll see about God of War too. But it seems like there's no real middle ground for most series. Either it doesn't reach enough success to get to the 4th game, or it does and is subsequently run into the ground (CoD, Assassin's Creed, Battlefield, Tony Hawk, Mega Man, etc.)
I agree with Uncharted, but they kept relevance by always having cutting edge graphics. I am not a fan of the game but if you likes the graphics this is definitely a game you need to have.

I feel like Gears is on life support compared to how big it was on 360. No comment on Far Cry.

It is just really rare to keep relevance as a series after a period of sequels.

I was not sure about Sonic either. I lost interest after the Dreamcast (and I am not even how sure those games were beyond the graphics at the time), but I feel like a lot of kids are into Sonic because of whatever the fuck the reasons are.

Jarnet87

Persona, Fire Emblem, Yakuza all series that the fan base is growing with each sequel and are said to be quality. These games probably started out rougher then the big triple A franchises mentioned though.

bionic77

Persona, Fire Emblem, Yakuza all series that the fan base is growing with each sequel and are said to be quality. These games probably started out rougher then the big triple A franchises mentioned though.
Lets see how long it lasts.

Its tough being a franchise out there!

I am a Fire Emblem nut but I can definitely see the casuals and the mass audience slowly getting less excited with each release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom