• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT| - Servicing Us Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

bionic77

I miss the Shane/Eznark fuckery

Dragon/YH was fun too

I tried to pick up with slo and the Bears fans where ez left off but I possess neither his wit nor talent for that stuff. Plus slo is pretty harmless.
Eznark is a honorary JCB. He got a Switch at launch.

I am hoping to put this out there.

The joycon is the greatest controller ever. So comfortable. So flexible.

For the record I haven't had a sync problem
I hide my console and there is a ton of shit in front of my switch.

It lost connection twice for maybe a second or two when my kids were playing 1, 2 Switch. But that is over many, many hours of playing it. Not sure how much of a real issue that or the scratching is going to be. Once I saw that I was careful putting it in and taking it out of the dock but so far nothing. Granted only been 3 amazing days of Zelda. But I undock it a lot.

BigAT

I miss the Shane/Eznark fuckery

Dragon/YH was fun too

I tried to pick up with slo and the Bears fans where ez left off but I possess neither his wit nor talent for that stuff. Plus slo is pretty harmless.

My personal favorite has always been Dutch vs. attempting to be funny. Kind of a one-sided rivalry, yes, but I think you have to appreciate seeing someone struggle and continue to fight despite being so obviously overmatched.

tmdorsey

Alright, finally got a chance to give my Zelda/Switch impressions:

To me this game has met and probably surpassing the hype. So far this is OOT with Zelda 2 hardness and I'm loving it! I had to laugh when a freaking Bobkin one shotted me with a damn farming hoe. :jnc This game is so freaking addicting. Hours pass by while you playing before you even know it.

Haven't played the game in portable mode yet because 1) the Pro controller is so comfortable and nice to use I don't want to stop using it and 2) It feels kinda disrespectful to not play this game on a big ass screen. I only see myself playing it portable when I'm in a true pinch and have no other way getting my servicing. The ability to be able to get Zelda servicing on the go has already a big step in justifying this Switch purchase.

I don't think bringing in a black guy would go over well with the base.

Blount?

Eznark is a honorary JCB. He got a Switch at launch.

I hide my console and there is a ton of shit in front of my switch.

It lost connection twice for maybe a second or two when my kids were playing 1, 2 Switch. But that is over many, many hours of playing it. Not sure how much of a real issue that or the scratching is going to be. Once I saw that I was careful putting it in and taking it out of the dock but so far nothing. Granted only been 3 amazing days of Zelda. But I undock it a lot.

I have next to my tv.

I did have trouble setting up a mii. That menu was dumb.

Zelda of course is great. I don't know why I'm enjoying it more then horizon but I am.

Fuck the haters bomberman is awesome. Been having a blast.

And of course shovel knight should be bought if you haven't on another console. Spectre of torment is awesome

Bread

Banned
My personal favorite has always been Dutch vs. attempting to be funny. Kind of a one-sided rivalry, yes, but I think you have to appreciate seeing someone struggle and continue to fight despite being so obviously overmatched.
lmao

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT

To me this game has met and probably surpassing the hype. So far this is OOT with Zelda 2 hardness and I'm loving it! I had to laugh when a freaking Bobkin one shotted me with a damn farming hoe. :jnc This game is so freaking addicting. Hours pass by while you playing before you even know it.

Haven't played the game in portable mode yet because 1) the Pro controller is so comfortable and nice to use I don't want to stop using it and 2) It feels kinda disrespectful to not play this game on a big ass screen. I only see myself playing it portable when I'm in a true pinch and have no other way getting my servicing. The ability to be able to get Zelda servicing on the go has already a big step in justifying this Switch purchase.

You can still play with the Pro controller in portable mode if you want to just setup the stand. Not ideal of course in a moving vehicle or anywhere without a stable surface.

There is no rivalry between Gata and I.

az3XpXB.gif

effzee

Whatever Howie does is right and I have no thoughts or opinions myself.

Fixed.

And of course if they don't trade him and end up signing him up long term, you will sing his and the contracts praises.

BTW what are your thoughts of Ertz's contact?

bionic77

I know the last gen boys are freaking out at the Zelda praise but really magical is the best way to describe the game.

The amount of gameplay and content in the game is fucking mind blowing. This is not just throw a bunch of shit in there (i.e. Bethesda games, dagger fall, etc.), it is all well designed and put together. And I am like 10+ hours in but so far it seems almost limitless. There is always some shit to do or discover. Writing the guides for the game is going to kill some people.

I 100% agree that it surpassed the hype. Which is fucking amazing considering the amount of hype it had.

As always. Put your faith in the JCBs.

Also, portable mode is fucking amazing. I also prefer tv mode but portable zelda is much preferred to no zelda. I love taking it up to bed after I put the kids to sleep and getting to work on saving Hyrule like a JCB do.

Hindl

At least play it in portable mode for a little. The screen is fucking great and the game looks phenomenal in portable mode. It's the native resolution so there's a lot less jaggies, and the game runs at a locked, or if not then close to it, 30 fps.

bionic77

At least play it in portable mode for a little. The screen is fucking great and the game looks phenomenal in portable mode. It's the native resolution so there's a lot less jaggies, and the game runs at a locked, or if not then close to it, 30 fps.
The framerate doesn't hurt the gameplay.

And it looks way better on the big screen. The art deserves a big ass screen. And it is way easier to see shit (at least for my old ass eyes) on the big screen when you climb up high and are looking where to go.

Pepiope

Fixed.

And of course if they don't trade him and end up signing him up long term, you will sing his and the contracts praises.

BTW what are your thoughts of Ertz's contact?
Ertz is a top 5 TE. The contract Howie screwed up is Curry's, but he had to re-sign guys while also projecting how they'd do under a new coach. It looks like he got Curry wrong, but he did fine with Ertz and Graham, and it'd be great if you could counter an argument rather than say I praise the FO all the time. I've said time and time again that our WRs sucked and they needed to be replaced, all of them. Are we supposed to hold onto guys like Matthews and Aggy because they were drafted high by the old regime even though they aren't working? I'm not saying let's trade Matthews for a 5th or 6th rounder, but if moving him gets us closer to a guy like Cooks then I'm all for it.

and if Matthews gets a 2nd deal, it has to be a WR3 type contract. I do not want him back if he's going to get paid like a starting receiver. I'd assume that'd be the money he's looking for.

He doesn't deserve a 2nd contract, and I do not want him back when his contract is up. If the birds feel the same way, why should they keep him for 1 season when we could get something in return for him now? He isn't some difference maker on this team, he isn't a dynamic player, and he isn't a player who's keeping DCs up at night. He's a player who can have a 100 yard game one week and then drop 5 balls and be a non-factor the next. The only reason he puts up okay stats is because he is the best WR on the team, but make no mistake we could get that production from a number of WRs on the market. I mean just look at his stats as our #1 WR...804 yards on 117 targets and only 3 TDs in 14 games. That's the guy you're unwilling to part with?

Matthews is a guy who is known for his work ethic, but there is a problem with the work he's putting in isn't being reflected on the field 3 years later. He's not horrible but he's nothing more than an okay slot receiver. He's definitely not a guy we should have to rely on to make plays on offense.
So unless a player is great at his position he should be gone? What happens when wentz's contact needs to be redone and he isn't a top QB, should they trade him? You can't base the wr play off of last year. The eagles ran a total fucking joke of an offense. So many throws at or behind the LoS. Outside the drops Matthews has great size and good speed, plus him and Carson did see to be developing some chemistry. Howie trading him for like a 4th in 2 years would be a disaster.

Pepiope

So unless a player is great at his position he should be gone? What happens when wentz's contact needs to be redone and he isn't a top QB, should they trade him? You can't base the wr play off of last year. The eagles ran a total fucking joke of an offense. So many throws at or behind the LoS. Outside the drops Matthews has great size and good speed, plus him and Carson did see to be developing some chemistry. Howie trading him for like a 4th in 2 years would be a disaster.
Which is exactly why I said I don't want him dealt for a low round pick....

And seriously, why are we touting Matthews as some irreplaceable WR? He's a JAG. He is part of the reason our offense included a bunch of throws at the LOS, our receivers couldn't get separation, they sucked. Did you guys forget how many times Wentz would have 5+ seconds to throw and no one would be open? We were excited for Turner and Treggs to finally see the field because our receivers were so bad.

Philly-Gaf...y'all got any defensive players you don't need, I might have someone you'd be interested in.

@Rotoworld_FB
Dolphins not sold on Carroo for 3rd WR job

If I had to pick the main burger from all the big chains it's be the Whopper,

I'm taking about BK, McDs, Wendys, Carls, Jack

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Philly-Gaf...y'all got any defensive players you don't need, I might have someone you'd be interested in.

If I had to pick the main burger from all the big chains it's be the Whopper,

I'm taking about BK, McDs, Wendys, Carls, Jack

Think i'd pick Jack outta that list I guess. Maybe Wendys?

Gase added: “I think free agency sometimes is a crapshoot. We don’t know what you’re getting and all of a sudden you’ve got guys coming in that are bringing their ideas and things like that, and sometimes it’s easier just training guys the way you want them and how they’re supposed to think and how they’re supposed to do their job.”

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article136720103.html#storylink=cpy

Thank god, hopefully they don't go crazy in FA, let's build via Draft and hope they have better talent scouts than the last few FOs.

Hindl

can't stop thinking about zelda

this game is too good

It is. And I feel like I can't talk about it with anyone. I want to go into the OT, but everyone is having different experiences and seeing things in different orders, so you never know what their spoiler says, and I want to discover a lot of that on my own

JABEE

Stopped to get my blood tested before work. What is it with fucking old people in having to show up as early as possible for shit?

They have nothing else to do in the fucking day why do they have to show up as early as possible?

I think it has something to do with it being more dangerous for them to fast, because of complications like diabetes and other deficiencies. It's why older people are taken first, because they don't want some old man/lady passing out or going into diabetic shock in their waiting room.

This is my understanding. I also believe if you need to take certain medicines that older people need to live, it may interfere with the tests.

What about Carl's jr? The pineapple burger is good. 5 guys is my favorite though.

Well I meant their main burgers which in this case would be the Famous Star? Or Superstar?

Burger King - Whopper
McDs- Big Mac
Wendys - Daves Single
Jack - Jumbo Jack
Carls Famous/Super Star

Is there another national chain I'm forgetting?

Edit:

I guess with Hardees/Carls being the same thing I'll make the cutoff there. So including Arbys/Dairy Queen and Sonics...yeah I'll stick with the Whopper (main burger only)

· McDonald's: approximately 14,000
· Burger King: 7,750
· Wendy's/Arby's: 6,576
· Dairy Queen: 5,050
· Sonic: 3,500
· Jack in the Box: 2,100
· Hardees: 1,687
· Carl's Jr: 1,104

· Checkers: 800
· Five Guys: 735
· Whataburger: 575
· Culver's: 438
· White Castle: 421
· A&W: 359 (http://www.yum.com/company/ourbrands.asp)
· In-N-Out: 258

Bread

Banned
Yep. If I weren't going to Hawaii in two months I'd take this week off and binge on Zelda.
do both!

It is. And I feel like I can't talk about it with anyone. I want to go into the OT, but everyone is having different experiences and seeing things in different orders, so you never know what their spoiler says, and I want to discover a lot of that on my own
i'm reading the thread but not touching the spoilers and i can't imagine comfortable doing that for a while because of the amount of content!

are there cars and rockets and goals?
No but that's why I take breaks from zelda to get my RL time in :)

MechDX

OK broke down and got the LG V20. Half price so not a bad deal and I did the 12 month plan so I can update in a year if I wish

I hate personalizing a new phone though.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
McDonalds - regular cheeseburger (and it's not even a contest)
Wendy's - double stack
Culver's - double butter burger with cheese (triple is too much meat)
In-N-Out - double double with grilled onions
Burger King - double whopper with cheese no tomatoes or mayo because those are bullshit
Whataburger - double whataburger with cheese and jalapeños no tomatoes
Sonic - super sonic cheeseburger - mustard and no tomatoes
White Castle - jalapeño cheeseburger slider
Five Guys - double cheeseburger with everything except tomatoes and mayo
Braums - Bacon cheeseburger - no tomato or mayo

Basically standard condiments on a burger should be: ketchup, mustard, onion (preferably grilled but diced or sliced are okay), pickles (dill tends to work better than sweet), and some kind of cheese

If you're feeling fancy then add shredded lettuce, bacon, or sautéed mushrooms. Not a big fan of mayo but cole slaw kinda works and so does some mayo based sauces.

Also if you're being super fancy then add minced up smoked pork shoulder to the beef when you make the patties. A few places in Texas do this and it makes a damn good burger.

Tomatoes are dumb but not as bad as a huge fucking leaf of iceberg lettuce. Even worse if it's the shitty white core of a lettuce head.

I've had pineapple on a teriyaki burger and it's weird. I'll eat it but I'd rather just have a standard cheeseburger at that point.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Well I meant their main burgers which in this case would be the Famous Star? Or Superstar?

Burger King - Whopper
McDs- Big Mac
Wendys - Daves Single
Jack - Jumbo Jack
Carls Famous/Super Star

Is there another national chain I'm forgetting?

Edit:

I guess with Hardees/Carls being the same thing I'll make the cutoff there. So including Arbys/Dairy Queen and Sonics...yeah I'll stick with the Whopper (main burger only)

· McDonald's: approximately 14,000
· Burger King: 7,750
· Wendy's/Arby's: 6,576
· Dairy Queen: 5,050
· Sonic: 3,500
· Jack in the Box: 2,100
· Hardees: 1,687
· Carl's Jr: 1,104

· Checkers: 800
· Five Guys: 735
· Whataburger: 575
· Culver's: 438
· White Castle: 421
· A&W: 359 (http://www.yum.com/company/ourbrands.asp)
· In-N-Out: 258

You forgetting Del Taco.

That Double Del Cheeseburger is pretty good for fast food.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom