• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT| - Servicing Us Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.
He netted us #14 for Bradford. Don't speak of ill of that man.

I could potentially see him going in a deal to NO for Cooks, but even if we could use him to move up for a player like John Ross or something in round 2, then screw Matthews.
What did he get us for Eric Rowe?

Hindl

Mike Glennon getting on that Chase Daniel level. Insane money to backups this season. Maybe Howie can make magic with Chase and get a draft pick for him after all.

Brock fucked up the QB market. If you're gonna have a stopgap vet QB, Daniel's contract isn't that bad, and you can basically cut him after next year. So if a team just needs a bridge QB, it's not a bad trade for a ~4th round pick, maybe even 3rd

Bread

Banned
Just ordered Zelda for Wii U (with that sweet Prime discount) after seeing that the game is virtually identical!

Gonna be doing it soon!
I'm sorry to tell you this but a Switch is necessary in doing it. WiiU does not do it and it never has.

Pepiope

What did he get us for Eric Rowe?
A 4th that could become a 3rd in 2018 for a 5th or 6th string CB (a guy who may have been cut). Not baddd.

The fact that he has had some success in NE does not change this:

Rowe was not in the top four cornerbacks on the Eagles' depth chart under defensive coordinator Jim Schwartz. There were open questions about whether he would make the team, which is why it's surprising the Patriots would give up a decent draft pick to acquire him.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...es-trade-eric-rowe-to-patriots-for-draft-pick

Brock fucked up the QB market. If you're gonna have a stopgap vet QB, Daniel's contract isn't that bad, and you can basically cut him after next year. So if a team just needs a bridge QB, it's not a bad trade for a ~4th round pick, maybe even 3rd

I don't think people are going to take him as a stopgap as much as a veteran backup. The Bucs paying Glennon actually makes sense, as they are primed to make a playoff run and if Winston goes down you want to have someone who has a shot at winning a game or two in the season. I'm just trying to think of what other teams are in that position.

Bread

Banned
A 4th that could become a 3rd in 2018 for a 5th or 6th string CB (a guy who may have been cut). Not baddd.

The fact that he has had some success in NE does not change this:
lol defending that trade after the success Rowe had in NE is hilarious. Schwartz deserves shit for having him 5th or 6th string.

It's the same game tho...

I can even play it on a rooftop!
WiiU: dead console, not doing it
Switch: fresh baby console that just does it

Pepiope

lol defending that trade after the success Rowe had in NE is hilarious. Schwartz deserves shit for having him 5th or 6th string.

WiiU: dead console, not doing it
Switch: fresh baby console that just does it
How so? Success on one team does not mean success on another. Rowe was beaten out by a 7th round pick in camp. Maybe him get traded was the motivation he needed to work on his craft, maybe he was a scheme fit in NE. Regardless, we were able to get an extra 3rd or 4th next season instead of cutting Rowe, or having him be a bench player. It seems like a win/win.

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account
@RapSheet

Following
More
Without an agent, FA OT Russell Okung can’t be contacted by #Panthers until FA begins. But Carolina players are actively recruiting him now

When your offensive line is so bad that Russell Okung looks like a ray of hope

aMnfthm.gif

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
dammit

i was in the dieg watching this game, i thought they were invincible until this point. i thought kg was gonna come back. dammit.

It was pretty clear after the Chicago series kg wasn't coming back. That whole season I was hoping it would turn around for him since he would occasionally come back in for a few minutes. Kg was never really the same after that.

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet 7m7 minutes ago

The #Raiders have told the @nfl they secured financing from Bank of America for their Las Vegas stadium, as @DailyNewsVinny said. Major news

Rapsheet confirms

Bread

Banned
It was pretty clear after the Chicago series kg wasn't coming back. That whole season I was hoping it would turn around for him since he would occasionally come back in for a few minutes. Kg was never really the same after that.
for some reason i just always thought he was so close to coming back, like if we had won that game 7 against the Magic i expected him to play against the Cavs.

we did it!!!!!!!!!!

Fantomex

Good research. Go ahead and add that to the 99 problems launch list:

• iphone 6
  • iphone Antenna Gate
  • Microsoft Surface
  • Xbox One
  • World of Warcraft
  • Galaxy S7
  • Master Chief Collection
  • Every Bethesda Game Ever Released
  • Hoverboards
  • Google Pixel Launch

I know you Jets fans can't count and use proper "logic" so I'll make it easy for you. All those launches were mired in certain problems, but ended up being very sucessful products. I'm not sure if the SWITCH will. But every launch has problems.

bionic77

Good research. Go ahead and add that to the 99 problems launch list:

• iphone 6
  • iphone Antenna Gate
  • Microsoft Surface
  • Xbox One
  • World of Warcraft
  • Galaxy S7
  • Master Chief Collection
  • Every Bethesda Game Ever Released
  • Hoverboards
  • Google Pixel Launch

I know you Jets fans can't count and use proper "logic" so I'll make it easy for you. All those launches were mired in certain problems, but ended up being very sucessful products. I'm not sure if the SWITCH will. But every launch has problems.
Pretty sure PS4 controllers had connectivity issues at launch for a few people as well. A lot of people have complained about the poor quality of the controllers as well.

This shit happens. It is a really easy way to get attention and of course people with problems are going to be loud as fuck.

I have had zero issues and have been balling the fuck out on Zelda. I am not exaggerating when I say it was worth it to buy the console for this game alone. Obviously if you are one of the 3 people with a Wii U you did not have to buy it but for everyone else this was the only way to get it done other than piracy and waiting for it to work on the PC (fuck those people).

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Lmao the Nintendo shilling in here has reached maximum levels. The thing is a disaster.

Ps4 controllers didn't have connectivity issues the analogs would shred apart. All launches are bad agreed, but Nintendo's is hilariously half baked.

cdyhybrid

Lmao the Nintendo shilling in here has reached maximum levels. The thing is a disaster.

Ps4 controllers didn't have connectivity issues the analogs would shred apart. All launches are bad agreed, but Nintendo's is hilariously half baked.
Are you saying Nintendo broke the law and wiretapped you? Or is this just metaphorical?

Fantomex

The part I don't like about your comment is that first of all, you're a pats fan. So that says a lot. The second is, well I don't even have to come up with the second reason because the first one TRUMPS everything else. Pun absolutely intended. I got great puns. The best puns. Some of the best puns you've ever read. I love puns. Now let me tell you about China.

jmdajr

I don't recall any issues with my PS4. Everything worked perfect outside of you know, nothing to play.

The only console I bought at launch that was a fuckup was the 360. At least it was fixed for free. Thanks Steve Balmer.

bionic77

There was more than one thread on it. Never happened to me but it was an issue some people had.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=880250&page=1

Big ass iPhones also bend, etc, etc, etc.

Wait more than 24 hours before jumping to conclusions.

bionic77

I don't recall any issues with my PS4. Everything worked perfect outside of you know, nothing to play.

The only console I bought at launch that was a fuckup was the 360. At least it was fixed for free. Thanks Steve Balmer.
There are always issues.

It just depends how much coverage they get. PS4 was the fan darling after the One debacle remember. So any small thing on Xbox One was blown way out of proportion (ask yankee for proof).

I personally never had a problem with pretty much any console except the PS1, which was fixed by getting a giant ass fan to sit it on.

Jarnet87

My Switch has worked perfectly for the 60 seconds I had it turned on for on Sunday. I also don't plan on undocking it very much but now need to buy a screen protector and some shit to pad the dock.

jmdajr

There are always issues.

It just depends how much coverage they get. PS4 was the fan darling after the One debacle remember. So any small thing on Xbox One was blown way out of proportion (ask yankee for proof).

I personally never had a problem with pretty much any console except the PS1, which was fixed by getting a giant ass fan to sit it on.

I think 360 and PS1 were the only true fucks up for me. Having to play games on PS1 with the thing flipped over sure looked fucking stupid, but hey it was blessing for my poor ass. Those 300 bucks were not going to just fall from the sky again.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
There was more than one thread on it. Never happened to me but it was an issue some people had.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=880250&page=1

Big ass iPhones also bend, etc, etc, etc.

Wait more than 24 hours before jumping to conclusions.

Friend codes
Connectivity issues that are hardware related
1 game worth buying that is on Wii u also
Overpriced indies and ports
2 gens old ports for multiplats if it even gets it
A dock made from plastic bottles that scratches the screen
Overpriced peripherals and controllers
No 3rd party support
Barebones Os
Convoluted online system planned that not even Nintendo can explain

I'm amazed it's sold what it has, but to each their own.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
It's been hilarious watching people get reved up for a binding of Isaac port. The game is ancient. It's an awesome game but there is no reason you shouldn't own it already.

I think 360 and PS1 were the only true fucks up for me. Having to play games on PS1 with the thing flipped over sure looked fucking stupid, but hey it was blessing for my poor ass. Those 300 bucks were not going to just fall from the sky again.

Lmao

I too had the upside down PS1 problem. My PS3 also died :(

Gobias

Banned
Getting non stop calls from thirsty people asking for a Switch. It's a hard job not being able to service all these wannabe JCBs, but someone has to do it.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Lmao

Interesting I never had a problem with a console until my Dreamcast lens would struggle to move, but if I manually moved it a few times it would rev up. I was young, but I couldn't live without nfl2k

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT

Are you serioiusly suggesting this is what's happening?

Lmao

Almost everyone I knew who got a PS1 when it came out during my time at university, they had to do something weird at some point to get it working. Turning it upside down was a frequent one.

jmdajr

Man having your console fuck up as a child would be soul crushing. At least we as parents nowadays would understand. We would fix the situation.

edit: Random rant.

Me and my 4 years old played Lego Batman 3: Beyond for like 4 hours Saturday. I don't know what my kid pressed but she exited the game. Next thing I saw was that our save progress was at 00;00;00 hours. I was like. "WTF JUST HAPPENED." And I still don't know. We kept swapping controllers so I don't know if I was trying to save the game under the guest account. But anyhow. I was pissed! I also can't believe how sparse the god damn check points are in this game. anyhow... fuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom