• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT| - Servicing Us Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was on board when Chip wanted to trade Cox for MM. I would be on board if the current staff felt he wasn't essential, but this regime isn't dumb enough to put Cox on the trade block.

Yeah they are way dumber parting with a 2nd round CB when the team has no other CBs.

Pepiope

Yeah they are way dumber parting with a 2nd round CB when the team has no other CBs.
A 2nd round CB who was behind our 7th round rookie on the depth chart.

Like I said, we'll never know how he'd perform in this system, but what we do know is that Schwartz didn't like him as much as a 7th round rookie. You really have to let that go.

Ayeee 2nd round CB who was behind our 7th round rookie on the depth chart.

Like I said, we'll never know how he'd perform in this system, but what we do know if that Schwartz didn't like him as much as a 7th round rookie. You really have to let that go.

Whoever made that depth chart should be launched into the fucking sun. Mills isnt close to the player rowe is, plus it made no sense to have Mills ahead of Rowe since at that point Mills had never played one snap in the NFL. Just cause a guy looks okay in practice doesnt mean he can play.

Jarnet87

Mike Glennon gonna tear it up in Chicago, and by tear it up I mean hand off to Jordan Howard 25 times a game and pray the offensive line stays healthy. Kevin White will be broken by week 4 but Meredith and Miller are decent receiving options.

2 years, $12 mil. He said during the offseason he didn't care about money and wanted to be on a competitor, plus he doesn't even need to move. It's a nice signing.

Is that 2 years @ $12m per year? Cause the guys on the radio made is sound like a total of $12m.

Either way it's a great signing for the Giants.

Hindl

Is that 2 years @ $12m per year? Cause the guys on the radio made is sound like a total of $12m.

Either way it's a great signing for the Giants.

No 2 yr, $12M total, so $6M a year. If they can get some semblance of an OL and draft one of these RBs they'd be contenders assuming Eli doesn't decline. It's a damn steal

They have shephard in the slot. Makes no sense to put Marshall there.

It would be pretty dumb to keep a 5'10" guy in the slot when you have a 6'4" guy who can play it. It's a mismatch nightmare with Marshall in the slot. He can catch any ball thrown his way on a seam route. Shepard is faster than Marshall, it would make way more sense to have him outside on 3 receiver sets with Marshall in the slot. In two receiver sets you could put Marshall outside.

Bacon

It would be pretty dumb to keep a 5'10" guy in the slot when you have a 6'4" guy who can play it. It's a mismatch nightmare with Marshall in the slot. He can catch any ball thrown his way on a seam route. Shepard is faster than Marshall, it would make way more sense to have him outside on 3 receiver sets with Marshall in the slot. In two receiver sets you could put Marshall outside.

Shephard is like a prototype slot receiver. Can make all the cuts and run all the routes needed. I would be shocked if Marshall didn't spend the majority of the time on the outside.

Shephard is like a prototype slot receiver. Can make all the cuts and run all the routes needed. I would be shocked if Marshall didn't spend the majority of the time on the outside.

IMO that would be a mistake. In two receiver sets Shepard shouldn't even be on the field. In three receiver sets Marshall would be nigh indefensible in the slot. Nickel couldn't cover him ever. He doesn't even need to run clean routes in slot because of his size advantage, just run to an area.

Duxxy3

Thoughts on Robert Woods fit with Patriots?

Amendola and Edelman are 31 and are pretty beat up. They can't build the offense around Gronk any longer.

Tom Penny

IMO that would be a mistake. In two receiver sets Shepard shouldn't even be on the field. In three receiver sets Marshall would be nigh indefensible in the slot. Nickel couldn't cover him ever. He doesn't even need to run clean routes in slot because of his size advantage, just run to an area.
Totally disagree. Marshall is there to win one on one matchups especially in the redzone On the outside. Slot is for quick shifty WR.

Thoughts on Robert Woods fit with Patriots?

Amendola and Edelman are 31 and are pretty beat up. They can't build the offense around Gronk any longer.

My thoughts are that the Pats are a bunch of fucking cheaters. Their head coach wrote a love letter to a racist monster, and their QB kept a make america great again hat in his locker. I have no idea if Robert woods hates Muslims or not or if he is pro-cheating, but if he is then he will be a great fit.

Bacon

I think you would essentially be taking shephard out of the game then. He will gat dominated by the opposing teams number 1 or 2 cornerback. He doesn't have the leaping ability needed for the outside.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.

Does/has he played slot? I really dont know but this sounds a bit like Madden (game) logic.

Does/has he played slot? I really dont know but this sounds a bit like Madden (game) logic.

He played some in the slot for the Jets and I'm pretty sure for the Broncos as well, when he racked up a 100+ catches every season.

Edit and with the Bears as well apparently, article from 2013 :

Take the case of Brandon Marshall. In 2012, the Chicago Bears' star receiver ran 120 of his 546 routes from the slot. He was targeted 33 times, caught 22 passes for 318 yards, and scored two touchdowns. This season, Marshall has already been in the slot for 211 of his 467 routes -- an uptick in slot percentage from 22.0% to 45.2% -- and has 31 catches on 48 targets for 459 yards and five touchdowns.

Jarnet87

Bills fan friend was salty about the Woods to Pates rumor. Guys who go from the rest of the AFC to the Patriots get that extra performance bonus.

Totally disagree. Marshall is there to win one on one matchups especially in the redzone On the outside. Slot is for quick shifty WR.

There are two types of slot receiver. Guys like Wes Welker who are shifty, fast and run good routes, and then guys like Anquan Boldin, Eric Decker, or even Larry Fitzgerald who is frequently put in the slot. I see the end of Brandon Marshall's career as one of the big bodied type of slot receiver. You guys are forgetting he's 32 years old. He doesn't have the explosiveness to do the one on one matchups like he used to. He can win matchups with his size more than his feet.

I think you would essentially be taking shephard out of the game then. He will gat dominated by the opposing teams number 1 or 2 cornerback. He doesn't have the leaping ability needed for the outside.

Shepard is the 3rd receiver. What #3 receiver do you know of that is consistently beating 1 or 2 cornerbacks? Are you guys saying you don't think Marshall is their #2?

You guys seem to be forgetting that all kinds of outside receivers get moved to the slot when they age.

Marshall had the 2nd most drops in the NFL last year but he was also targeted a ton. His drop % was middle of the league.

https://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/drops/2016/

Yall need to post more dammit.

Brandon Cooks home/road splits:

2014:

home- 33 receptions 364 yards 2 tds and 11 yards per reception

away- 20 receptions 186 yards and 1 td and 9.3 yard per reception

2015:

home- 44 receptions 638 yards 6 tds and 14.5 yards per reception

away-- 40 receptions 500 yards 3tds and 12.5 yards per reception

2016:

home-- 34 receptions 642 yards 5 tds and 18.9 yards per reception

away-- 44 receptions 531 yards 3tds and 12.1 yards reception

Also this from Les Bowen:

I highly doubt they turned down No. 18 overall. If that's the case, Cooks isn't getting traded. Let's get real. https://t.co/uSJySRkoL3

— Les Bowen (@LesBowen) March 8, 2017

Duxxy3

I don't get what the obsession is with Robert Woods.

He's 7 years younger than Edelmandola. Doesn't have the injuries or miles.

It's not necessarily about getting better, it's about getting younger and healthier (or at least remaining healthy).

Nobody thought much about Hogan when he was with the Bills. That all changed in a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom