• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT| - Servicing Us Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Greg Gabriel‏ @greggabe 1h1 hour ago
More
@RapSheet is reporting that Bears/Glennon will most likely "agree" on deal for 14-15M. Key is @RapSheet is close to Glennon's agent D.Dunn

Packers stay winning

Bring that giraffe to Chicago!

BigAT

Squicken went to Oklahoma's Pro Day:

C6ZwVU1VMAE7uA6.jpg

https://twitter.com/Jake_Trotter/status/839481897457635329/photo/1

Duxxy3

Mixon ran a 4.4.

I take it back. I don't know if he lasts past the second round.

edit: If it weren't for the assault charge, it could be argued that he is the top RB.

Eagles have inquired about A.J. Bouye, but not expected to emerge as a serious player for his services at this time. Fluid situation

— Aaron Wilson (@AaronWilson_NFL) March 7, 2017

That sucks. To bad the Eagles dont have the cap space to go after guys like this. Hopefully our next GM will be able to manage the cap better.

Hindl

Mixon ran a 4.4.

I take it back. I don't know if he lasts past the second round.

edit: If it weren't for the assault charge, it could be argued that he is the top RB.

He's definitely the top RB from talent alone. But the assault charge should make him untouchable

Duxxy3

He's definitely the top RB from talent alone. But the assault charge should make him untouchable

Tyreek Hill is a total piece of shit with multiple incidences, and plays a fairly unimportant role. He was drafted in the fifth round.

Potentially the top running back in the draft with one incident? He's absolutely getting drafted. Probably within the first three rounds. Maybe even the second.

Hindl

Tyreek Hill is a total piece of shit with multiple incidences, and plays a fairly unimportant role. He was drafted in the fifth round.

Potentially the top running back in the draft with one incident? He's absolutely getting drafted. Probably within the first three rounds. Maybe even the second.

He had two incidents, it was the 2014 assault, and the 2016 parking ticket thing where he tore up a parking ticket and threatened a parking attendant. And it's more that after everything came out with the 2014 assault, he showed no remorse or guilt about what he had done. The only time he showed remorse was when the video re-surfaced, but for months after the incident didn't think it was a big deal. That's a character concern. You're right, he'll probably be drafted in the first three rounds, but he shouldn't be touched

I still think he is just squeezing Houston for more

New tweet from Aaron Wilson:

Eagles are still not considered a serious player for A.J. Bouye at this time. Of course, things can always change.

Smoke everywhere!!

They don't have the money, it's a bluff

MechDX

Benjamin Allbright ✔ @AllbrightNFL
@PhillyFreck215 Houston is likely to meet and beat all market offers on him.
9:50 AM - 8 Mar 2017

smoke_gif_by_witharattleandhum-d3bzqi2.gif

EDIT: I love this part of the off season! Hype rises then instantly goes away. Awesome!

effzee

Marshall to Giants is a great pick up for them. Had the Eagles traded for Cooks, I wouldn't hace minded had they gone for Marshall.

The locker room nonsense with him is overblown and from a long time ago.

MechDX

When Pierre Garcon finalizes deal with 49ers, as expected, league sources believe he will make $16 million in first year.

Via Mort

Damn thats a lot

When Pierre Garcon finalizes deal with 49ers, as expected, league sources believe he will make $16 million in first year.

Via Mort

Damn thats a lot

Man the WR's are falling fast. Crazy that the 9ers structured his deal like that. Curious to see what the total is.

Pepiope

Eagles have inquired about A.J. Bouye, but not expected to emerge as a serious player for his services at this time. Fluid situation

— Aaron Wilson (@AaronWilson_NFL) March 7, 2017

That sucks. To bad the Eagles dont have the cap space to go after guys like this. Hopefully our next GM will be able to manage the cap better.
Cap or no cap. Don't want to spend big money on him. Let our scouting department find some gems in this deep DB class.

Pepiope

And then trade them to the Pats for nothing?
Old regime. Rowe was a 5th DB here. He was beaten out by Mills. Maybe Gym shorts didn't like him, idc. Last season wasn't about winning, it was about evaluating the roster and seeing who fits in with this regime. This season he has to fix the DBs.

Old regime. Rowe was a 5th DB here. He was beaten out by Mills. Maybe Gym shorts didn't like him, idc. Last season wanted about winning, this season he has to fix the DBs.

The Eagles dont even have 4 DBs that can play. Rowe would have been the best CB on the team if they hadnt just given him away. The same morons who couldnt realize that he was better then garbage like McKelvin and Mills are the people who will be trying to find new DBs this year. That is not good.

That's gotta be a pretty strong indicator that the Cousins deal is going down, no?

I would think so. Man the 9ers already had a decent OL and RBs, if they can improve the WR's and get above average play out of cousins their offense should be okay. Defense is still a disaster though.

Jarnet87

No idea why the 49ers would let Smith walk and then sign Garçon. If you plan on trading for Cousins you may as well keep Smith, he can be a decent #2 option.

Duxxy3

The Eagles dont even have 4 DBs that can play. Rowe would have been the best CB on the team if they hadnt just given him away. The same morons who couldnt realize that he was better then garbage like McKelvin and Mills are the people who will be trying to find new DBs this year. That is not good.

I would think so. Man the 9ers already had a decent OL and RBs, if they can improve the WR's and get above average play out of cousins their offense should be okay. Defense is still a disaster though.

All offense and no defense can be fun to watch. Not going to win a lot of games, but it's fun to watch.

Pepiope

I trust Schwartz enough as of now to let him decide who is capable and who isn't on his defense. If he didn't think Rowe was a player IN HIS SCHEME, then you trust him. Chip had 3 years, I'm not jumping to conclusions after 1 from Doug and co.

I trust Schwartz enough as of now to let him decide who is capable and who isn't on his defense. If he didn't think Rowe was a player IN HIS SCHEME, then you trust him. Chip had 3 years, I'm not jumping to conclusions after 1 from Doug and co.

So lets push this idea of trusting Schwartz to the extreme. Lets say he comes in as DC and decides that Cox doesnt fit his scheme, would it be okay for howie to trade him?

Pepiope

So lets push this idea of trusting Schwartz to the extreme. Lets say he comes in as DC and decides that Cox doesnt fit his scheme, would it be okay for howie to trade him?
I was on board when Chip wanted to trade Cox for MM. I would be on board if the current staff felt he wasn't essential, but this regime is meant to feature Cox. Schwartz is all about getting pressure with 4. Our DBs just need to cover and our edge rushers need to be better. Barwin, who was great in a different scheme, isn't a fit here. I can only hope Rowe was the same way, and he was traded before his value plummeted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom