• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT| - Servicing Us Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigAT

Romo getting cut. Pretty surprised the Cowboys weren't able to get anything for him.

Adam Schefter‏ @AdamSchefter
Cowboys are releasing Tony Romo on Thursday, sources tell @toddarcher and me.

Let the Romo recruiting in Houston and Denver begin.

Fantomex

On Offense the Rams are atrocious. Not one pro bowler reserve. It's hard to judge our offense. Fisher rode McNairs coattails all that time. The front 4 on the defense is filled with monsters though. That's the only good side of our club.

Hindl

Romo getting cut. Pretty surprised the Cowboys weren't able to get anything for him.

Teams knew they had to cut Romo, and now they can make their own deal with him instead of absorbing his contract

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
JgW77R0.jpg

I had to put a fucking space in there because the damn generator wouldn't let me use Romo.

it kinda ruins the shitty joke.

And will end up happening anyway.

I welcome our new QB Overlord.

Jarnet87

Romo for a conditional 7th, the more games he plays the better the pick gets. Guaranteed 7th rounder

Elway gonna think he got himself another Pey Pey, can't wait for the look on his face when Romo goes down in preseason.

BigAT

Teams knew they had to cut Romo, and now they can make their own deal with him instead of absorbing his contract

They'll certainly pay less, but given how in demand he'll be and how many teams will be after him, I would think some team with cap space would make the deal with a low round pick to guarantee they get him.

Now with Romo out of Dallas I'm not longer part of Cowboys-Gaf

I would like to thank everyone for letting me be apart of your group, it was fun and I'm sorry we couldn't get him an owl there :(

Your cheerleaders will always hold a special place in my heart

</3

They'll certainly pay less, but given how in demand he'll be and how many teams will be after him, I would think some team with cap space would make the deal with a low round pick to guarantee they get him.

Yeah if you are the team that wanted Romo but doesnt get him you will be kicking yourself for not trading a 6th or 7th for him.

Ahh the opening of free agency

When I get to hear about all these teams signing good players at positions the Panthers need while Getts waits to collect their scraps :)

Jarnet87

That Switch Stock thread, all those fools who missed out and now want one. Like the urge to be a JCB wasn't going to take over.

jmdajr

Adam Schefter&#8207; @AdamSchefter

let the madness begin

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Yeah if you are the team that wanted Romo but doesnt get him you will be kicking yourself for not trading a 6th or 7th for him.

I thought I had read something that indicated that romo's cap hit to dallas would be slightly less for a release versus a trade? Maybe that made low value offers (like a 6 or 7 round pick) not worth it to dallas.

But Florio seems to imply there were no real offers. Don't think too much of his speculation though.

I thought I had read something that indicated that romo's cap hit to dallas would be slightly less for a release versus a trade? Maybe that made low value offers (like a 6 or 7 round pick) not worth it to dallas.

But Florio seems to imply there were no real offers. Don't think too much of his speculation though.

That is weird. I just looked up Romo's contract on spotrac and it looks like he has 2 more years remaining with insane cap hits. so maybe no one wanted to trade for him for fear that he wouldnt restructure.

you mean Your Chargers?

Not until I'm a season ticket holder!

@ArmandoSalguero 46s46 seconds ago
The Dolphins have in the past day made strong offers to Kenny Stills and Andre Branch. Branch bites. Stills a work in progress still.

@ArmandoSalguero 36s36 seconds ago
Team also trying to get Dion Sims back, although I'm not sure if a new offer has come in last 24 hours.

I could have done without Branch, just really need Stills back.

@JasonLaCanfora 4m4 minutes ago
More
Dolphins making a push to keep WR Kenny Stills. Strong offer on the table in the $8M/year range.

That's the amount I've heard might keep him with us.

#Jaguars appear in the mix on some top-level UFAs, including G Kevin Zeitler, CB AJ Bouye, DL Calais Campbell & S Barry Church, among others

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 8, 2017

Gata's Jags have $76m in cap space, so they can definitely afford to sign some guys.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
That is weird. I just looked up Romo's contract on spotrac and it looks like he has 2 more years remaining with insane cap hits. so maybe no one wanted to trade for him for fear that he wouldnt restructure.

Yeah his last two restructures kept pushing money to the end of the deal. Jones really needs to get more conservative.

That Switch Stock thread, all those fools who missed out and now want one. Like the urge to be a JCB wasn't going to take over.

We still have hella haters though.

But it's like Ye said thru Fiddy, go ahead and Switch the style up, and if they hate let em hate and watch the money pile up

Duxxy3

Hoyer to the niners.

I like it. I mean he's not particularly good, but he's relatively cheap. And he doesn't cost the team any picks. He'll keep the bench warm for the next guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom