• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT| - Servicing Us Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hindl

Cousins came out and he will sign the franchise tag again next year. He will get $24m and would be totally free the following year since the skins could not tag him again. I can't see how the skins can do that. They really fucked themselves not signing him long term before.

They kinda had to though. He had one year of production, and that's a lot to bet a multi-year contact on. The franchise tag was the smart move. You only have to look at Brock's contract with the Texans to see why. Yeah they only have one more year on the franchise tag, but now they know they have their guy and will have a year to shift around contracts and prep for a signing in 2018

Your medical expenses only count when they exceed 7.5% of your adjusted gross income anyway.

Basically you need to look at all of your post adjusted gross income (AGI) deductions and see if they will even exceed $6300 (the alternative standard deduction that everyone gets). If they don't, your taxes just got 100 times easier because you claim the standard deduction and move on with life.

Most deductions with a few exceptions are post AGI (we call it "below the line"). Mortgage interest is an "above the line" deduction which is awesome...I think student loan interest is as well

Yeah student loan interest is, which is great

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Cousins came out and he will sign the franchise tag again next year. He will get $24m and would be totally free the following year since the skins could not tag him again. I can't see how the skins can do that. They really fucked themselves not signing him long term before.

I strongly believe that Cousins fucked (or at least hindered)his future with Washington when he tussled mcgloughan's hair on live tv, as silly as that might sound.

Spinluck

I'm about servicing my boys so I'll help you guys out and cut out the 45 minute lesson. Go download the free version of Turbo Tax. It will walk you through everything and evaluate how much of a return you'll get depending on how you file. It's not as easy as press A or B which is what the Pats fans are used to, but it's easy enough that maybe one day a Pats fan could file taxes properly and legally. Although that's highly unlikely.

Download free Turbo Tax. It will tell you what number and information goes where, and what form it's asking for. Please file by February 15 so you can get your e-file check in time for your Switch release.

I filed with Credit Karma this year.

It is free and I really liked the servicing they give me (even though their credit scores aren't always accurate). I figured they know a shit ton about me already so why not file my taxes with them!?

Anyway, it seemed super easy, like I said I was a first time and they have a hand holding option and grown ass man option. Never realized how much I didn't keep track of my finances until yesterday lol. It makes me feel like I should staple receipts on a board somewhere throughout the year. Do people just make some of these numbers up? I have had friends and family do my shit in the past, and they don't ask me half of the shit on here.

I strongly believe that Cousins fucked (or at least hindered)his future with Washington when he tussled mcgloughan's hair on live tv, as silly as that might sound.

lol if that is true. I wonder if the Skins would consider trading him to the 9ers, and what they would ask for if they did?

I could totally see McCloughlin as wanting to move on from Cousins so maybe he is alright with this arrangement.

Cousins is the kind of QB that can take you far if you already have things like a dominant D or running game. The Skins have neither of these things, and realistically have too many holes to legitimately compete any time soon. That is not the kind of team that wants to be investing monster money into a mid tier 30 year old QB. Unfortunately Snyder and Gruden are idiots so they may force his hand.

MechDX

https://walterfootball.com/seniorbowl2017rumors5.php

The Houston Texans mutually parted ways with offensive coordinator George Godsey after their playoff loss to the Patriots, and afterward, they announced that head coach Bill O'Brien would basically run the offense without hiring a new coordinator. However, sources say there is a name to keep an eye on as joining the Texans staff as an offensive assistant, and that is none other than Chip Kelly. The pro-style offense of O'Brien seems like an odd fit for Kelly and his college spread system, but Kelly and O'Brien are close friends with a lot of mutual respect for each other's football knowledge.

The other advantage to having Kelly on staff would be if the Texans drafted a quarterback like Clemson's Deshaun Watson or Texas Tech's Pat Mahomes II. Both of them are coming from spread college passing attacks, and Kelly could help them make the jump to a NFL system. Kelly has other potential landing spots like New England, but keep an eye on Kelly possibly landing in Houston.

Please be true! Please be true! I dont want BOB being the head coach and full time OC

Fantomex

I filed with Credit Karma this year.

It is free and I really liked the servicing they give me (even though their credit scores aren't always accurate). I figured they know a shit ton about me already so why not file my taxes with them!?

Anyway, it seemed super easy, like I said I was a first time and they have a hand holding option and grown ass man option. Never realized how much I didn't keep track of my finances until yesterday lol. It makes me feel like I should staple receipts on a board somewhere throughout the year. Do people just make some of these numbers up? I have had friends and family do my shit in the past, and they don't ask me half of the shit on here.

It depends. If you're an independent contractor like lets say a Designer or Marketing person, you need to keep you receipts because you technically don't have your own business and you techincally don't work for a company. When I was freelancing like that I had to keep receipts just in case Uncle Sam drew my name out of a hat. Business owners don't really keep receipts that much because they can only claim let's say $30,000 max on business expenses like lunches, dinner, gas, insurance and buying people switches. So anything they spend over that isn't gonna be able to write off. I know most of my family business owners go out to eat with the rest of the fam and always pay no matter what, and they hardly ever have to keep receipts.

If you itemize deductions and you know you have to pay for work-related expenses, you should start saving those receipts. The IRS allows you to deduct the cost of tools, equipment, supplies, required uniforms that are unsuitable for wear outside of work, protective gear, professional dues such as union dues or membership to professional organizations, subscriptions to professional journals, and even expenses you pay when looking for a new job in your current field.

So since you're a poor, don't worry about receipts.

dionysus

Yaldog
Saints needs ranked by my priority.

1. OLB
2. CB
3. DE
4. ILB
5. Guard
6. TE

Our needs on defense are such that we should go best defensive player available with the exception of DT and maybe safety, though a good safety could help as well.

Lot of mocks have us getting Reuben Foster (Ala ILB) or Tre'davious White (LSU CB.) Can't disagree with either pick. Speaking of Tre'davious, do you capitalize the letter after the apostrophe in a name?

MechDX

Hey mech if someone were considering becoming a huge Texans fan next year what would they need to know about the team?

1) JJ Watt is a man god
2) BOB
3) Enjoy McNuggets
4) Dress well. Preferably from high fashions at Palais Royal
5)
Aypedpl.gif

Spinluck

So since you're a poor, don't worry about receipts.

Fuck you.

I bought Star Wars TFA on Blu-ray for all of NFL-GAF to enjoy, I helped start up Breadstream, and I'm spending over $500 on Switch day one!

Lunchbox and Tabris wish they were balling like me.

Lost my job last year, but finished my undergrad, and am now back in school. Back on my feet and doing well so far this year!

Saw so many new taco trucks on my way to work today,

If this is how we are going to protest Trump I'm down.

Too bad I don't have a cool anti-trump accounting friends I could start a gourmet taco truck business with.

Oh well...

this_guy

1) JJ Watt is a man god
2) BOB
3) Enjoy McNuggets
4) Dress well. Preferably from high fashions at Palais Royal
5)
Aypedpl.gif

Mech hit all the key points. If you like McNuggets and dress like a homeless person then Texans are a great fit. If not do you really want to tune in to watch Brock?

Line_HTX

Houston Super Bowl ‏@HouSuperBowl 50m50 minutes ago

Super Bowl LIVE presented by @verizon opens tomorrow!
#KnowBeforeYouGo

C3MJee0VYAEv3oD.jpg

Yes, thank God. Selfie sticks can go get thrown in the dumpster. Stupid pieces of shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom