• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT| - Servicing Us Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd rather Butler over Cooks. I guess BB figures paying Gilmore and adding Cooks is greater value than locking up Butler and trying to use draft assets for Cooks EDIT: (assuming rumors are true). Not a fan of this, but I'm always wrong, so.....

I love butler.... Don't do it Bill!

Bad news team. My room mate's switch slide off his bed and the r trigger no longer clocks. Still works but is not as nice.

Mine my switch and baby it.

Hindl

What is Bill gonna do with all that cap space if he's letting all his defensive talent walk?

Why is Kelce up for trade? We need consistency on OLINE and he isn't the problem with that group.

What would he fetch anyway? a 6th round pick?

What? He ranked out very poorly last year. He was constantly getting blown up by big NTs and Wentz had pressure in his face a ton of times. Plus there were all the bad snaps and holding penalties he had. The amount of injuries and suspensions were what really did in the OL, but assuming a healthy OL, Kelce is definitely the weak link. And it's clear that they want Seumalo there as the successor. I'd be fine keeping Kelce this year, but by next year that's Seumalo's spot. So I wouldn't mind them getting back something for Kelce now. He has trade value, like you said for Barwin.

And probably, maybe a 5th. I could see it being driven slightly higher because he is a Pro Bowler, and is a really smart player, plus with league OL play being what it is, and the Eagles not necessarily looking to cut him, they could work something out. But I'd take a 5th for Kelce

spyder_ur

What are you guys talking about? They have plenty of cap space, all is quiet on Hightower and they have a year of wiggle room with Butler.

I expect both to be back, more confident on Hightower at this point.

What are you guys talking about? They have plenty of cap space, all is quiet on Hightower and they have a year of wiggle room with Butler.

I can see Hightower coming back if the market for him is less than he thought. Butler worries me long term because I don't see Bill paying him and Gilmore top dollar.

Duxxy3

Bill has some sort of fixation for Cooks. And he doesn't like it when players complain about contracts.

I'm hopeful that Butler stays where he is. Cooks is probably a good player, but WR is not a position I think the Pats have a need at.

Chris Mortensen reports that the Saints want a quality defensive starter and two draft picks over two years in return for Cooks.

Hopefully that kills off the Butler rumor.

malcolm-butler-020115-ftr-gettyjpeg_rffub5uiouoe1wb12rlotq3mk.jpeg

9862162-nfl-super-bowl-li-new-england-patriots-vs-atlanta-falcons.jpeg

RIP

Tom Penny

Maybe. But he's the leader of the defense. He has played hard for the Pats. He has played through injury. He didn't complain about his contract.
I don't care. It's business i would not pay two employees equal if one banged out of work a quarter of the year. Availability is the most important thing in sports

Adam Schefter‏ @AdamSchefter

Browns are signing G Joel Bitonio to a monster extension, per source.
Jason Cole‏ @JasonColeBR

It appears the choice for G Kevin Zeitler is between #Saints, #Browns. #Jaguars appear to be out now.
When you in the Computer lab and the servicing keeps coming
0JWdD.gif

LJ11

Gilmore was easily my favorite Bills player until last season. Played scared, cried and complained a lot, showed no toughness at all. Completely mailed it in. Guy is a tough sob, I think playing for Rex and all that bravado turned him and a lot of other players off. Hard working dude, who plays his butt off, and keeps to himself. He'll be good in that system too, press man trail all game and he'll lock you the fuck up and pound the shit out of you. His shoulder issues have made him a liability as a force defender.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom