• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT| - Servicing Us Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's like the Redskins' hit their darkest timeline, while my Niners finally see some light in that players actually want to come play here now. Surreal.

it's never been this bad

people on the radio saying "should we even cover free agency? its pointless with snyder/allen in power."

cdyhybrid

You just hate the Butler.
Nah, he's just an above average CB and this is the deepest CB class in a decade at least. Gotta get more if you're going to trade your best WR.

Not to mention he'll have to face Julio twice a year and we just saw Julio abuse him in the Super Bowl.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
I do think we need to get younger, but Cooks is a terrible fit for the team in terms of salary requirement. If we're looking at the future I would keep hogan and mitchell. Sign Robert woods. Draft McCaffrey at 32. If he works as a running back in the NFL, fantastic. If he doesn't, then move him to the slot.

edit: I keep butler around because he's good. I'd like the Pats to work something out with him, but worse case scenario he's with us for another year. I also have no interest in trading away the 32nd pick for a rental WR.

I think GB has promised McCaffrey, so I don't think he will be around at 32. Woods already signed with the Rams.

Calais Campbell expected to sign with Jaguars for about 14 million a year.

I'm seeing it's down to either Denver (holy shit that DLine) or Jacksonville.

kaiju

it's never been this bad

people on the radio saying "should we even cover free agency? its pointless with snyder/allen in power."

Yeah been following several Redskins outlets on twitter, the pain is real.

Sounds like fans will be marching in protest tomorrow:

Redskins fans on Reddit have planned a march in Ashburn this Friday at 8am to #FireBruceAllen.

Mike Garafolo‏Verified account @MikeGarafolo 2m2 minutes ago

Broncos to sign G Ronald Leary to a four-year deal worth $35m with $20m gtd, source says. Big money for a guy once lost in the shuffle.

Leary getting PAID

Gobias

Banned
Let the fleecing of the Browns begin

giphy.gif

j-wood

Every single year fucking Adarn gets me at least once. This year it was this one:

Adam Schefter‏ @AdarnSchefter 4m4 minutes ago
More
Brandin Cooks to the Redskins for Kirk Cousins. Wow. More on ESPN now.

Jarnet87

Every single year fucking Adarn gets me at least once. This year it was this one:

Adam Schefter‏ @AdarnSchefter 4m4 minutes ago
More
Brandin Cooks to the Redskins for Kirk Cousins. Wow. More on ESPN now.

What a shame this isn't true. Could have been the passing of the torch from one stat padder to another

Tom Penny

The fact that there's so much speculation out there about NE making this trade probably means it definitely won't happen.
Saints picking up Wallace and Pats Gillmore. Seems like prep work to me. I'd rather have two good corners all day if given the option and they actually do.

Bouye to the Pats confirmed.

Everyone keeps saying Bill is getting fleeced for giving away Butler.. I don't necessarily agree. Yes CBs are valuable.. but this bares repeating.. The CB Class in this year's draft is the best class of all time.. Adoree Jackson is possibly falling to the second round because of how ridiculously deep the draft is for CB when he would probably be a first rounder..

Bill sucks ass at finding top flight WRs.. (yes he gets good use out of Hogan and company in his system.. not what I'm saying. He doesn't do as well as identifying top WR talent).. this draft has some pieces (Williams, Davis, Ross.. but otherwise, it's definitely lacking in WR compared to other classes. Bill can find a starting CB later in the draft whereas compared to WR, there isn't in comparison. Bill can coach up whomever he picks up in the draft to fill Butler's absence.. Cooks could be solid in the system and that's why Bill wants him.

NO is being moronic in not taking the 18th if Tenn did offer it..

Also We're doing it BG? Oh man.. I can't believe it..

Hindl

Everyone keeps saying Bill is getting fleeced for giving away Butler.. I don't necessarily agree. Yes CBs are valuable.. but this bares repeating.. The CB Class in this year's draft is the best class of all time.. Adoree Jackson is possibly falling to the second round because of how ridiculously deep the draft is for CB when he would probably be a first rounder..

Bill sucks ass at finding top flight WRs.. (yes he gets good use out of Hogan and company in his system.. not what I'm saying. He doesn't do as well as identifying top WR talent).. this draft has some pieces (Williams, Davis, Ross.. but otherwise, it's definitely lacking in WR compared to other classes. Bill can find a starting CB later in the draft whereas compared to WR, there isn't in comparison. Bill can coach up whomever he picks up in the draft to fill Butler's absence.. Cooks could be solid in the system and that's why Bill wants him.

NO is being moronic in not taking the 18th if Tenn did offer it..

Also We're doing it BG? Oh man.. I can't believe it..

Cooks for Butler isn't bad, but if they're also giving up 32 that's where I think it gets bad. And there's a few other guys in this WR class that are interesting, like Godwin

effzee

Rumor is they're going after Alshon, which makes more sense. Alshon and Smith complement each other more than Cooks and Smith. Or like you said, get Corey Davis

Cooks is younger, not injury prone, and has a much better upside than Smith or Alshon.

I'd take him over all the others.

Tom Penny

Bill really should have taken the offer of two number one picks and Watt or Hopkins for Jimmy G. Now he's getting diminishing returns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom