• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT| - Servicing Us Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Two things:

1) Buy a 3rd? From who?

2) All these picks are great to build a team but what happens in 3-4 years when those rookie deals expire and all these players have to be paid?

1. Some foolish team.

2a. If all these picks work out I'll worry about that when it happens

2b. Trades for more picks/compensatory picks for when they leave.

I think it's obvious that the Browns can't make all these picks, and they'll probably do some maneuvering to get players they want. Been saying before the extra 2 today.

Could be daft Day trades, could be for players before. We've already picked up Jamar Taylor and Jamie Collins with picks, who we've signed to extensions

MechDX

1. Some foolish team.

2a. If all these picks work out I'll worry about that when it happens

2b. Trades for more picks/compensatory picks for when they leave.

And people here laughed when i traded back repeatedly in my Browns mock draft and had 9 second round picks

I think it's obvious that the Browns can't make all these picks, and they'll probably do some maneuvering to get players they want. Been saying before the extra 2 today.

Could be daft Day trades, could be for players before. We've already picked up Jamar Taylor and Jamie Collins with picks, who we've signed to extensions
The hopes for the Hooker/Garrett Combo still live..

i know it's not going to happen.. Bread's Bolts are probably taking him.. :(

Striker

Brandon Williams now the highest paid NT. Beats Snacks guaranteed money by $3 mil.

We saw Gilmore gets his enormous deal from New England. More than what Jenkins got.

Crazy deals with this increased cap.

MechDX

C6hXCc8W0AAgyFm.jpg

Im sorry Printer

dionysus

Yaldog
Wow, Saints resign DT Fairly for 7.5 mil per year. Thought he would be a 10 mil per year for at least 2 guaranteed. That would have been too much for the Saints.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Pretty much every NFL podcast I listen to did a show today...and all of them recorded before the Brocksplosion happened.

No. the cool kids have multiple teams so we never lose.

Eh... I guess I have teams I'm at least okay with.

We fam tier:
Saints

I respect:
Steelers
Eagles
Texans
Seahawks

My Dad's team so I can't really root against them and hope they do okay tier:
Redskins

I'm scared of and never want to face in a super bowl (mah perfect season :(....) tier:
Giants

I dislike:
Chargers
Cowboys

They're in my division so I hope they go 0-16 but it's nothing personal tier:
Miami Dolphins

There is a special place in hell for these teams tier:
Colts
Ravens
Broncos
Bills

Fuck the Jets tier:
The Jets

I feel sorry for them so I hope they do ok buy lol that won't happen tier:
Browns

Most of the other teams I don't really care about one way or another.

I can't say I root for any the team, but I guess of the pats can't make it to the super bowl there are other teams I hope can instead.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Fuck the entire Washington Redskins organization from top to bottom.

The Redskins are the most dysfunctional organization in the NFL right now. It starts and ends with the ownership.

Only team in NFL history to lose two 1,000 yard WR in the same offseason (DJax, Garçon)

Pepiope

The first time since TO the Eagles will have a true #1 WR. Feels good.

I still want Davis at #14 or trade Matthews + a 2nd/3rd to move up for Ross.

Hindl

Lol

The first time since TO the Eagles will have a true #1 WR. Feels good.

I still want Davis at #14 or trade Matthews + a 2nd/3rd to move up for Ross.

Are you talking about moving back into the 1st with our 2nd and Matthews for Ross? Because I'd be interested in that. But I wouldn't want to use our only 1st on Ross. I'd be cool with Corey Davis, but he's moved down my list. Basically my list is Top 10 prospect that falls (Foster, Barnett, Jonathan Allen) > OJ Howard > Dalvin Cook > Corey Davis > best CB. I think with WR solved for at least this year, they can get a receiver in the later rounds and look at the receiver draft next year. Any blue chip defensive prospect should be the pick, they'd all be game-changers on defense. Then, OJ Howard is just a goddamn freak, and he would help in both receiving and the running game, with this RB class we could draft another RB later (Alvin Kamara?) to match with Howard. But if Cook is there we just might have to take him because he fits the offense so well. Then I'd take Corey Davis if all those options are gone. After that, Sidney Jones or even Lattimore might have fallen if all those guys are gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom