• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT| - Servicing Us Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepiope

Lol

Are you talking about moving back into the 1st with our 2nd and Matthews for Ross? Because I'd be interested in that. But I wouldn't want to use our only 1st on Ross. I'd be cool with Corey Davis, but he's moved down my list. Basically my list is Top 10 prospect that falls (Foster, Barnett, Jonathan Allen) > OJ Howard > Dalvin Cook > Corey Davis > best CB. I think with WR solved for at least this year, they can get a receiver in the later rounds and look at the receiver draft next year. Any blue chip defensive prospect should be the pick, they'd all be game-changers on defense. Then, OJ Howard is just a goddamn freak, and he would help in both receiving and the running game, with this RB class we could draft another RB later (Alvin Kamara?) to match with Howard. But if Cook is there we just might have to take him because he fits the offense so well. Then I'd take Corey Davis if all those options are gone. After that, Sidney Jones or even Lattimore might have fallen if all those guys are gone
Yeah. Im thinking if we don't go offense at #14 (Davis/Cook/Williams) and draft a CB like Jones or Lattimore, then I would like to see us move up for John Ross. While I do like Matthews, and while we did sign Smith who is pretty fast himself, it'd be great to have a player like Ross who can change a game at any point in about 10-15 seconds. Either way, we are going to get ourselves a pretty good player at #14.

Slo

Attention NFL-GAF, I would like to announce...

...that ITS A BUCS LIFE!!
hSHq9y.gif

Long live The Fighting Testaverdes.

Hindl

Yeah. Im thinking if we don't go offense at #14 (Davis/Cook/Williams) and draft a CB like Jones or Lattimore, then I would like to see us move up for John Ross. While I do like Matthews, and while we did sign Smith who is pretty fast himself, it'd be great to have a player like Ross who can change a game at any point in about 10-15 seconds. Either way, we are going to get ourselves a pretty good player at #14.

Yeah I could see that. I love Matthews, but he'll need a new contract next season, and he'll probably demand 8-10M a year. I don't think the Eagles can take that and extend Jeffery, so I could see them trading him in a move to draft a rookie WR. If Howie can make it work though, I'd rather keep JMatt. He's been everything you'd want in a team player, and I think he'll really thrive with two other receivers to take off all the coverage.

Pepiope

Yeah I could see that. I love Matthews, but he'll need a new contract next season, and he'll probably demand 8-10M a year. I don't think the Eagles can take that and extend Jeffery, so I could see them trading him in a move to draft a rookie WR. If Howie can make it work though, I'd rather keep JMatt. He's been everything you'd want in a team player, and I think he'll really thrive with two other receivers to take off all the coverage.
He's another Barwin. He's a good guy, an okay player, and a great teammate, but we can definitely do better than him. I mean, if he stays on the roster, then I'm hoping having Jeffrey and Smith on the roster will take enough pressure off of him so he could thrive in the slot, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Gobias

Banned
BREAKING: Roger Goodell has denied Scooter's move to the Bucs. DM would need to move to the Racists in order to make it a legal move.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
CB Logan Ryan agreed to terms with #Titans, per his agents.

Adam Caplan Twitter

Not much of a surprise, he was gone after the gilmore signing. I'm just crossing my fingers that butler isn't shipped out as well. I'm thinkin he wants to be paid like the best in the league and he just isn't that. He's definitely upper tier but he shouldn't set the market.

No Hightower news is good news.........right?

MechDX

QB news: The #49ers are signing Matt Barkley, source said. He impressed late in the season when given a shot.

From no QB to all
the former Bear
QBs!!

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
NVM missed that hightower news but the titans supposedly being out is a nice surprise. Just cannot afford to lose him.

Hunter S.

Listing the successful qbs is small based off of winning the Super Bowl over the past ten years. Brady, Eli, Peyton, Russel, Aarron, Flacco, Brees, and Ben. These are basically the elite teir by many people's classifications. 7 qbs that are playing. Leaving most of the rest open for massive amounts of ridicule. Most qbs over last 10 years have not won any Super Bowl. 1/32 wins every year. 8 qbs out of 32 have won it all in 10 years. 1/4 have won it all.

In the history of the 51 years of the Super Bowl only 34 qbs have won the Super bowl. Once again only 1/ 32 wins it per year in the moder era. Most will never win it as a starter.

Point is you cannot expect most drafted qbs will win it all. Every one that does it is something special. A diamond amongst stones. This does not make Marino shit. This does not make Romo shit. It does not make Cutler shit. This does not make Bledsoe shit. Statistically most will never win it all. Hell, most will never make a Super Bowl. So every year we look for the next great qb to win it all and most teams will never find one soon.

People must remember how special it is to find one. It may take a long time to find one again.

Striker

They were? and they liked a boring wrestler?

Scooter, DM.. pls..
Best there is, breh.

Giants plan on releasing FB Will Johnson and hope to bring him back on under vet min. He will shop around and see what's out there. Rhett Ellison just was signed and is going to be TE/HB/FB. Now watch him get injured and they'll never sign a FB or blocking TE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom