• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT| - Servicing Us Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can be a "successful" QB without winning the Super Bowl, but winning one or two playoff games over ten plus years doesn't exactly scream success to me.

Attention NFL-GAF, I would like to announce...

...that ITS A BUCS LIFE!!
hSHq9y.gif
The Snowglobe KLIQ is back. Good god almighty.

How does that make any sense? What if he was willing to sign for a reasonable amount? The Pats do some really weird (evil) shit. I don't get that at all.

They view everyone as expendable. Eventually Brady and Gronk and Bill will be gone because Kraft sees them as just more cogs they can replace. Fans deluding themselves into thinking anyone's permanent, let alone everyone

Evil can't be negotiated with

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Instead sign Gilmore with Butler's money.

That story about not being offered is coming from Butlers no-name agent. I wouldn't buy that, all other insiders have indicated there have been talks, but he wants a ton of money. It's not surprising he's consistently ranked as a top 5 CB, he probably wants to set the market. I'm hoping this all kind of dies down and we can at least see gilmore and butler together for one season.

That story about not being offered is coming from Butlers no-name agent. I wouldn't buy that, all other insiders have indicated there have been talks, but he wants a ton of money. It's not surprising he's consistently ranked as a top 5 CB, he probably wants to set the market. I'm hoping this all kind of dies down and we can at least see gilmore and butler together for one season.

Is Butler his only client? Probably knows that this might be the only time to really bank, and will go out of the way to make money as an "agent".

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Is Butler his only client? Probably knows that this might be the only time to really bank, and will go out of the way to make money as an "agent".

I don't know the particulars it's just what I've been reading. I don't buy for a second they haven't offered him anything. It's been confirmed they offered donta 10m or so during the year, they had talks in advance with branch and harmon and they obviously like Malcolm a lot. Hell all you need to know is the pats supposedly didn't even contact Gilmore until early yesterday morning. I'm assuming he either threatened to holdout or he wants to set the market as the highest paid corner. If he's gonna hold out either let him walk and take the first or trade him for something before his value drops.

Again though I'm hopeful it somehow passes. Sources earlier were saying it was all but official and would be done shortly and yet here we are so well see.

Striker

Butler will get what Gilmore did. Maybe. He got $40 mil guaranteed. Janoris Jenkins got just $28 mil which feels like a steal. No team is paying two corners that kind of cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom