• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT| - Servicing Us Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm watching this World Baseball Classic ting and I see Dutch baes in the crowd.

👀

Oh yeah,

Happy Sunday!

giphy.gif

Fox318

I simultaneously regret not buying a Switch and laugh at those buying something that looks like it's quality control team was the same people that thought Brock was gonna be a star qb.

Hunter S.

I simultaneously regret not buying a Switch and laugh at those buying something that looks like it's quality control team was the same people that thought Brock was gonna be a star qb.

He looked good under Kubiak's system. Ended the Pat's perfect season that year. Was better than Manning.

Fitts

So we signed Newhouse to a 2 year, $3.5mil deal. Donks got Watson for 3 years, $18.75mil.

Yeah, this was a good move. No sense in overpaying for a player who can't stay on the field and we didn't lose much (if anything) performance wise. But I do wish the best to Watson. RT was the weak link on our O-line but he has the potential to make it a contextual strength for Denver. (Mack is gonna be eating, though)

If we splurge anywhere in FA, it should be at LB/DT and the big fish are still on the board. I would've been alright with us doing something with our secondary, but we already have too much money wrapped up in it as it is. At least we can cut Sean Smith loose after next season without any dead cap hit if he underperforms again.

MechDX

Horizon da best.

Edit: Wait, Romo is not gonna be traded? That makes that goodbye video on instagram a bit awkward...

mike fisher ✭‏Verified account @fishsports Mar 10
More
#Cowboys powers need to b sure on the same page. Im told #Romo BYE video made BFORE kooky 'trade talks.' W assumption agreed-to CUT was DONE

mike fisher ✭‏Verified account @fishsports Mar 10
More
mike fisher ✭ Retweeted mike fisher ✭
Next thing you know #Cowboys Bluff their way from a 'clean do-right break' into a messy, painful #Romo car wreck

Jerruh went back on what he said.

MechDX

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ation-was-last-straw-for-texans-and-osweiler/

Confusion emerged during the second quarter as to whether Savage had been cleared to return to action. At halftime, Savage got the news: He was being shut down for the day.

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, Savage became very upset, knocking things around in the locker room and otherwise making a ruckus about having his status jeopardized by a doctor’s decision to keep him from playing. At or about the same time, coach Bill O’Brien informed Osweiler that he’d be finishing the game.

Osweiler, per the source, reacted negatively, telling O’Brien in the visiting coach’s office at Nissan Stadium in Nashville that he’s only playing Osweiler because O’Brien needs him. [Editor’s note: That’s sort of how football depth charts work.] An argument ensued, voices were raised. At one point, it’s believed that Osweiler got up to walk away and O’Brien threw out an arm to stop him. That prompted Osweiler to act as if he were being “held hostage,” a claim that he would repeat (per the source) in the days after the game.

And that was that for Osweiler in Houston. Following that incident, the team was determined to find a way to move on from him.

BOB is Kave!

Oz: "You only playing me because you need me!"

BOB/Kave: "FIGHT ME!"

Sanjuro

Just played Crash Bandicoot remake. The last thing I expected was to be wowed by fuckimg Bandicoot graphics, but the game looks beautiful.

Where you moving to, friend?

Staying in PA for summer, just going away from the mountains. This "hot one day, snowing the next" weather is for the birds. Probably will be out of the state in August, where to is what I'm looking for now

This month I'm starting changes before it happens. Gym, vegetarianism, even dyed my hair (blondeish right now)

MechDX

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/spo...995418.php?t=465aa36964&cmpid=twitter-premium

Couple interesting bits here:

What transpired between Smith and Sashi Brown, Cleveland's executive vice president of football operations, required out-of-the-box thinking. After a couple of weeks of phone calls, they got serious about the trade at the combine in Indianapolis.

Ultimately, Smith and Brown were able to pull off the kind of creative trade that's routine in the NBA but unprecedented in the NFL. The league had to scrutinize the deal before approving it.

I knew the Texans try to prevent leaks but how did something like this not get out at all?
The Texans like Savage. They respect his ability and work ethic. He has had trouble staying healthy, though. Unlike a lot of fans and media, they won't panic if they enter the season with Savage as their starter.

cage-4.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom