• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT| - Servicing Us Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
http://www.houstonchronicle.com/spo...995418.php?t=465aa36964&cmpid=twitter-premium

Couple interesting bits here:

I knew the Texans try to prevent leaks but how did something like this not get out at all?

cage-4.gif

Combo of right now this Browns front office is pretty leak proof as well and the Texans being the same.

I'm still amazed a few days later that people still don't understand what happened in this trade. They still think someone got fleeced.

MechDX

Combo of right now this Browns front office is pretty leak proof as well and the Texans being the same.

I'm still amazed a few days later that people still don't understand what happened in this trade. They still think someone got fleeced.

It was the very definition of win/win

The browns 4th pick for Houstons 6th was so it wasnt lopsided and clearly all favoring the Browns

Brilliant!

Texans gave away a very valuable 2nd round pick to save the owner money. It is a terrible trade for them. They could have told Brock to go home and collect his money for a year and potentially​ drafted a good player with that pick.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Texans gave away a very valuable 2nd round pick to save the owner money. It is a terrible trade for them. They could have told Brock to go home and collect his money for a year and potentially​ drafted a good player with that pick.

But it saves cap room to sign Romo?

Honestly wouldn't trust that organization to let Brock sit at home without playing him either.

It was the very definition of win/win

The browns 4th pick for Houstons 6th was so it wasnt lopsided and clearly all favoring the Browns

Brilliant!
ESPN Cleveland‏  @ ESPNCleveland 7m 7 minutes ago
Grossi: Browns still seeking a quarterback after 'brilliant' trade for second-round pick http://dlvr.it/Nb6vN7

Tony Grossi Retweeted Jeff Poppaw
Good point. I agree.
Jeff Poppaw @JPoppaw
@TonyGrossi At least it appears the Browns are finding unique & creative ways to do dumb things rather than the same old boring ones.

MechDX

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ation-was-last-straw-for-texans-and-osweiler/

Brock would have been a locker room cancer this season. Notice no players came out and thanked him or said anything publicly supporting him after being traded?

Oddly enough except for Hopkins who suffered the most from brocks ineptness. BOB threw shade at Brock during the combine when he got mad at a reporter who questioned Hopkins drop in production. clearly stating that it was not his fault. Hopkins reaction to that?
Deandre Hopkins‏Verified account
@Nukdabomb

Deandre Hopkins Retweeted patrick
Dam I love my coach!
https://twitter.com/Nukdabomb/status/838465849304436738

BTW, they will also likely get a 3rd round comp pick for Bouye walking and a couple more later round picks for Demps and Simon walking. So it helps to alleviate the sting of losing the second round pick

bionic77

Just played Crash Bandicoot remake. The last thing I expected was to be wowed by fuckimg Bandicoot graphics, but the game looks beautiful.
The PS1 games had some of the best graphics of the era.

Never played the ones after that.

Who is making the remake?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ation-was-last-straw-for-texans-and-osweiler/

Brock would have been a locker room cancer this season. Notice no players came out and thanked him or said anything publicly supporting him after being traded?

Oddly enough except for Hopkins who suffered the most from brocks ineptness. BOB threw shade at Brock during the combine when he got mad at a reporter who questioned Hopkins drop in production. clearly stating that it was not his fault. Hopkins reaction to that?

https://twitter.com/Nukdabomb/status/838465849304436738

BTW, they will also likely get a 3rd round comp pick for Bouye walking and a couple more later round picks for Demps and Simon walking. So it helps to alleviate the sting of losing the second round pick

Why not just cut Brock? Everyone agrees he needed to be gone but to give up a 2nd just to save some money is baffling

I really worry for Grossi, if the Browns ever turn this around I don't know if he'll be able to handle it.
I think he became so negative with this trade because he realized it wasn't going to result in Jimmy G and got angry. For him if Browns don't get Jimmy G its all a failure, he's so focused on one thing that he's been pushing for.

I've noticed ever since last years draft since his no good qbs in X amount of years tweet, a lot of the Major draft guys and national guys throw shade at Grossi. Albrights been letting Grossi have it on his tomfoolery, but grossi blocked him lol. pretty sure he blocked one of the other draft guys Miller or Brugler.

Albright has also seemed to become a good source of Browns stuff

MechDX

Why not just cut Brock? Everyone agrees he needed to be gone but to give up a 2nd just to save some money is baffling

Wont know until you see what they are doing with the money. They saved 10 million against the cap and 16 million cash. Seems worth it to me

Seeing Bill Polian and Herm Edwards lose their mind trying to understand this kind of trade made it more than worth it

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=18865694

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I think he became so negative with this trade because he realized it wasn't going to result in Jimmy G and got angry. For him if Browns don't get Jimmy G its all a failure, he's so focused on one thing that he's been pushing for.

I've noticed ever since last years draft since his no good qbs in X amount of years tweet, a lot of the Major draft guys and national guys throw shade at Grossi. Albrights been letting Grossi have it on his tomfoolery, but grossi blocked him lol. pretty sure he blocked one of the other draft guys Miller or Brugler.

Albright has also seemed to become a good source of Browns stuff

To me Grossi seems to be following the path of a long time Leafs reporter over here. He turned ridiculously bitter at the team and eventually lost it enough to go after the fans and sure enough now he's eating out of a trash can in unemployment.

Why are gaming side a bunch of poors all the time?

People complain now but during the 90s games were expensive af. Street Fighter II for the SNES cost $70, and that's in early 90s money.

I remember my older brother and I had to save like crazy and do a fuck load of chores and yard cleaning around the neighborhood to buy it.

Malalaw

Happy Sunday everyone. May we all be blessed with some breath that comes from the wild. Today I want to take down another dungeon, but I know damn well that I will end up just running around finding new places to explore.

bionic77

So my kids birthdays are next week.....do I buy them/me a Switch?
Your kids will love it.

But that's not the question you should be asking yourself. The correct question is whether or not you are ready to live the JCB lifestyle and if you can and are able to handle the highest level of servicing.

squicken

Brock is a big baby and the trade was win win. It's pretty striking how that trade has placed old guard football people/media so firmly against it

MechDX

It should be watched closely. we don't need the NFL turning into the trash that is the NBA.

How do you plan to "safeguard"? The NFL has rules in place to prevent a pure salary dump. the Browns and Texans found a way around it by both teams receiving "value" in return I believe

Your kids will love it.

But that's not the question you should be asking yourself. The correct question is whether or not you are ready to live the JCB lifestyle and if you can and are able to handle the highest level of servicing.

I have a newborn and two other kids. I'm ready for any lifestyle that involves playing in the bathroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom