• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT| - Servicing Us Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.
The real problem is Flacco and his huge contract. This team will be 8-8 until he retires, since I've long since given up hope that we'd ever be able to get rid of him.

It's a two-edged sword. Him leaving will bring more money, but good luck finding 1) someone who will easily replace his stats and 2) give any kind of performance like he did in playoffs/that SB, let alone get you a championship (regardless of how much credit you feel like giving him for that win)

At this point I'm more concerned about when Harbaugh will be canned. I'm satisfied if he can make it out of this coming season, otherwise the division is contending for worst season. Marvin's already on the hot seat and Hue won't survive another 1 or 2-win year

Duxxy3

This is a pretty good year for CB's so I doubt anyone will go for Butler.

Yep. I think he's stuck where he is.

I don't think anybody will give us a first in a trade for him. I don't think anyone will sign him to an offer sheet. And I don't think the Pats will offer an extension, at least not right now.

I don't think Gilmore's signing was meant as a sign of disrespect, but Butler took it as such. I think when he cools down a little bit, he'll be fine. If he outplays Gilmore during the season, he'll get a nice fat contract. If he doesn't. If he slumps. He'll be labeled as a system CB. The same way Hightower is system as a system LB. Belichick, Patricia and McDaniels get people to fit their system that otherwise don't work in other systems.

edit: and early congratulations FZ

That feeling when you just watched Logan...
v0gLta.gif

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Not necessarily, but it's easy to talk shit after all is said and done.

I get where you're coming from completely I just always hate when people pull the "I post on a forum more during the season so Im a better fan."

Either way I'm glad you're back, I needed somebody else who isn't stuck in the constant afterglow of switch "servicing" and realizes how awful it is.

effzee

Thanks everyone! This is the 2nd baby so feel a little more relaxed right now.

3 years ago with the first one I was a nervous wreck.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Two kids is like switching from easy mode to supreme master.

I never want kids... My whole life I've been told it changes when you get older, but my stance has only gotten stronger. You can call me awful for it lol, I just don't think I have it in me. Got tons of respect for good parents though, it's literally giving up your life to give to someone else.

I never want kids... My whole life I've been told it changes when you get older, but my stance has only gotten stronger. You can call me awful for it lol, I just don't think I have it in me. Got tons of respect for good parents though, it's literally giving up your life to give to someone else.

As someone who has two teenage daughters that I love to death, you made the right choice

Nah, I'm in the same boat. As someone who suffers from a serve anxiety disorder (and a minor depressive disorder), having kids is something I don't feel I'll ever be able to deal with.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
As someone who has two teenage daughters that I love to death, you made the right choice

If I were to have kids I'd rather a daughter, which gets me odd looks since apparently they're more difficult, but I can't even imagine what it would be like when they start dating. An absolute nightmare.

Just climbed the first tall whatever you call it in Horizon, this game is giving me RDR vibes and I love it.

same as you, it just ain't for me

If I were to have kids I'd rather a daughter, which gets me odd looks since apparently they're more difficult, but I can't even imagine what it would be like when they start dating. An absolute nightmare.

Daughters start out easy and get hard when they get to the teenage years. Having a dad around lessens the rebellion in teenage years though.

Sons....You will have to teach and re-teach sons the simplest shit when they're young. Stick with it though and they're actually easier in teenage years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom