• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT| - Servicing Us Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

effzee

I never want kids... My whole life I've been told it changes when you get older, but my stance has only gotten stronger. You can call me awful for it lol, I just don't think I have it in me. Got tons of respect for good parents, though, it's literally giving up your life to give to someone else.

Nah, I'm in the same boat. As someone who suffers from a severe anxiety disorder (and a minor depressive disorder), having kids is something I don't feel I'll ever be able to deal with.

Nah why would this be awful? Or why would you be awful for not wanting kids? Raising kids is no joke and not cheap at all. The world is overpopulated as it is and if you don't really want kids, better to recognize that and not have kids.

But for the longest time, I have wanted kids. Which might be weird to some but it is also part of the culture and area of the world I am from (South Asia). I mean it's tough as hell and at times so exhausting but for me definitely worth it. I can't imagine life without my son. And now this one coming, I can't wait!

MechDX

Happy birthday, best friend Bread!

:(

you forgot me last year to.

It's your birthday?

My boy Gobias didnt!

920x920.jpg

BAEXTON!

I'm sorry, other best friend Mech!

It's just that I saw on Facebook that it's his birthday and I don't have you there!

But happy birthday! I hope your kinds got you a gift as nice as you always get them!

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Somehow missed giardis report on butler. He's a goner, well see what he nets us. Sucks I feel like they should've just offered Gilmore's money to butler, but whatever.

Hunter S.

Efzee congrats on being a dad, looks like we got two new Patriot realists added to the world.

Mech happy birthday.
Bread I will smoke a cigarette in you honor. Happy birthday.

effzee

In addition to Nick Foles, Eagles also signed my just born son to a lifetime contract.

But really Nick Foles? Why? Now some jackass fans are going to call for him the minute Wentz hits a slump. I just hate the Reid coaching from afar aspects of this current regime.

In the history of football there has never been a worse backup QB signing then the eagles signing foles. He is terrible but he had a good year once in Philly. The minute Wentz slumps fans are going to be screaming for foles. this is so incredibly stupid. Whatever pick they get for Daniel it isn't worth it for the potential headache of foles.

Pepiope

Most expensive backup and most expensive 3rd stringer. The sad thing is managing the cap is supposed to be what Howie does bast.
We had 6M of cap space going into the offseason. Howie grabbed Jeffrey, Smith, Warmack, and now Foles, spending over 20M on those guys.

They apparently also moved some of Ertz salary this year into a roster bonus to create even more cap space. It's time to stop worrying about the cap, if the team wants to sign a player, they will.

Now to hope we get some draft picks for Daniel, Kelce, and Kendricks.

Pepiope

At least he's better than Daniel? Kinda?

This screams "He's Peterson's buddy!" kind of signing to me.
This screams they want to move on from Daniel, and signed Foles because he is familiar with what Doug is doing.

I'm just surprised someone actually wants Daniel, but apparently the Saints and Bears are interested.

Edit: Ah. Looks like Daniel wants a shot at starting and wanted to be released. He knows he has no shot here.

MechDX

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2017/03/13/nfl-free-agency-patriots-browns-49ers-peter-king

• Unrestricted free agents signed by Jacksonville since March 2015: 19.
• Total contract dollars committed to those free agents: $541.2 million.
• Actual dollars spent so far on 2015 and ’16 free agents: $128.6 million.
• Jacksonville’s record since March 2015: 8-24.
• Of the 19 free agents signed, number departed: 8. (Julius Thomas, Jared Odrick, Davon House, Sergio Brown, Stefan Wisniewski from 2015; Prince Amukamara, Kevin Beachum, Mackenzy Bernadeau from 2016.)

Here we go round n round

BigAT

Chase Daniel has an $8 million cap hit this year and will count as $7 million in dead money if he's released.

The Eagles are the best.

giphy.gif

Hindl

Congrats effzee! Happy birthday Mech and Bread!

As for Foles, whatever. Clearly Daniel is getting released so Foles is the new backup. And my feelings haven't really changed. Foles, Daniel, or whoever, if they're starting it's already a lost cause anyway

Field Yates‏Verified account
@FieldYates

Source: former Bengals RB Rex Burkhead is at Gillette Stadium visiting the Patriots today.

Just by looking at him, I can tell he's going to be one of those "first in the gym/last to leave" types.

Duxxy3

Field Yates‏Verified account
@FieldYates

Source: former Bengals RB Rex Burkhead is at Gillette Stadium visiting the Patriots today.

Just by looking at him, I can tell he's going to be one of those "first in the gym/last to leave" types.

Might be an interesting replacement for Bolden.

MechDX

http://www.scout.com/nfl/texans/story/1762447-texans-keeping-tom-savage-option-17

If there is one ongoing theme during this off-season for the Houston Texans, it would be the support Tom Savage seems to have from inside the building. The Texans made a stronger commitment to having him in position to compete for the starting quarterback position with the move to trade Brock Osweiler.

“I have always felt good about Tom Savage. He is a very hard working guy, he’s got an excellent arm,” O’Brien said of Savage while at a Special Olympics event in Houston on Sunday. “He has been injured, he hasn’t had great luck when it has come with the health front of things. It is not because of his own doing that is just what has happened to him. We’ve enjoyed working with Tom, we are looking forward to working with him on April 17th.”
It is clear the Texans still have a vision for what Savage can be for this team and Savage has shown a grasp of the offense. The backing by McNair and now O’Brien demonstrates that Savage has a solid chance to put his name into the mix to start the upcoming season.

My QB! Only Kave can truly understand my feelings towards Thomas Benjamin Savage.

2192148024_688d0eb741_o.gif

JaMarco

Somehow missed giardis report on butler. He's a goner, well see what he nets us. Sucks I feel like they should've just offered Gilmore's money to butler, but whatever.
I don't know how Butler can justify demanding UFA Gilmore money when he's only played in the league 3 years. Patriots are right to tell him GTFOOH.

Duxxy3

I don't know how Butler can justify demanding UFA Gilmore money when he's only played in the league 3 years. Patriots are right to tell him GTFOOH.

Even if they do trade/lose him for a first round pick, my guess is that they take a corner anyhow. Or they could kick the tires on Revis. See if his fat ass can get back in shape.

Will Brinson‏Verified account
@WillBrinson

Following
More
So it turns out that the Brock Osweiler trade helped get the Browns down to $69 million in cap space per @NFLPA records.

Nice

MechDX

Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter 18s19 seconds ago
More
After visiting the NY Jets, Patriots free-agent LB Dont'a Hightower is scheduled to visit the Steelers, per source.

Interesting

Hindl

Oh shit the Chase Daniel contract has offset language. So releasing him isn't that bad, they'll save more than $1M assuming someone signs him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom