• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT| - Servicing Us Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ian Rapoport‏Verified account
@RapSheet

Following
More
The #Packers just loss a key player — TJ Lang — to a division rival. Now… Pass-rusher Datone Jones is visiting #Vikings today, source said.

I don't really follow enough to know but based off of Rap Sheet's mentions, seems like not a huge potential loss for the Packers/gain for the Vikings?

Hello friends.. happy birthday Mech and Bread. Congrats Effzee..

BG.. we getting complimented on NFL Network for our Oline editions.

We getting serviced BG..

Will Brinson‏Verified account
@WillBrinson

Following
More
So it turns out that the Brock Osweiler trade helped get the Browns down to $69 million in cap space per @NFLPA records.

Nice
Damn.. I'm not used to us doing so much.. I thought we'd have spent more..

Mo Claiborne seems to be signing with the Ravens.

Dallas has to go DB early in the draft.
Not necessarily..

They can get Derek Barnett if he falls to him and solve their need for a pass rush and still find a suitable DB later in the draft.

Reminds me of when he yelled at Brady. Brock deserved more respect.

Sometimes i feel you dont even try anymore.

Hindl

You know the details? This Foles signing mystifies me, but if they can get out from under Daniel's contract it will help.

From my understanding, offset language just means if a new team signs him, that money comes off the Eagles dead cap. So if the Eagles cut him, they owe him $7M. But if another team signs him for $3M, that gets taken away from the Eagles hit, so they would only owe him $4M

God no

He would be great there...
Eh, I hope they don't sign him. As I said yesterday he's downhill only, and part of the reason they let Timmons leave was because he lost the speed he had at the beginning of his career.

Steelers should be looking at the secondary not linebackers.

Also eh. Davon House is visiting, and the biggest problem with the Steelers secondary last year was two rookies starting, not lack of talent. If house signs, Cockrell will be let go, and the Steelers will either sign a slot corner or draft one.

His 2013 season was one of the greatest of all time. He is due to repeat after being terrible ever since that year!

The guy that drafted him didnt even want him back. Reid just let him walk, Foles is 100% finished in the NFL. He just gets to steal a little more money on his way out.

Striker

Not necessarily..

They can get Derek Barnett if he falls to him and solve their need for a pass rush and still find a suitable DB later in the draft.
I mean sure but they did lose two starters and Brandon Carr is a still a FA too.

Giants and Vereen info

@KimJonesSports #NYG will pay Shane Vereen's $500,000 roster bonus by today's deadline. He is part of their 2017 plans, all per source informed.

Howie is obsessed with OL and backup QBs for some reason. I don't mind his OL addiction, but his backup QB addition is ridiculous.

How about you sign a veteran corner Howie? There aren't many options left.

Bitanator

Mo Claiborne seems to be signing with the Ravens.

Dallas has to go DB early in the draft.

Claiborne can freely walk out of the door, nobody wants him back. We found a nice CB in the 6th last year, Dallas has opportunities to draft a good player. As long as Carr is retained I'll be happy since Church and Wilcox left

Howie is obsessed with OL and backup QBs for some reason. I don't mind his OL addiction, but his backup QB addition is ridiculous.

How about you sign a veteran corner Howie? There aren't many options left.

Howies crystal ball has assured him that the best CBs will all fall to the Eagles in the draft and they will all be impact players day one.

“I just talked to a member of Nick Foles’s family. He is absolutely pumped, overjoyed he’s out of Philly,” Paolantonio said.

Funny how that worked out for Nick. Now he is lucky to even have a job. Crazy he got $5.5m per year.

58c698d5a4f2b_nickfolesiandynamite.png.b017c967e48970e66f4b181c1358b6ee.png

Howies crystal ball has assured him that the best CBs will all fall to the Eagles in the draft and they will all be impact players day one.

It's almost like he's thinking "Well we won a few games with no CBs last season, so we can do it again, right?"

I just want one veteran CB signing and I'll be satisfied. I don't think his moves have been bad this offseason other than that glaring omission. Then they can draft 2 CBs and an RB in the first three rounds.

BigAT

I know there's not precedent for this, but should the NFL consider just giving Howie the Executive of the Year award now? It kind of seems like a farce to wait until the end of the year and act as though anyone else will even near his level of success.

squicken

$11m for Foles? Why? He got cut and no one cared. What was the competition for his services?

I'd rather have Legend every day of the week

It's a two-edged sword. Him leaving will bring more money, but good luck finding 1) someone who will easily replace his stats and 2) give any kind of performance like he did in playoffs/that SB, let alone get you a championship (regardless of how much credit you feel like giving him for that win)

1) That's the thing, his stats/performance isn't going to be that hard to replace. The last two seasons, I think Bryan Hoyer would have given as much as Flacco did. For a lot less money. I understand being in QB purgatory is hard, I'm a Ravens fan, we've been in QB purgatory since Testaverde, but I think the difference in performance isn't as substantial as it should be for the potential difference in money.

2)I don't recall saying I don't give Flacco credit for that win. He was magical and it was a run by him he's never matched since. Never been close. I don't know why I'd expect him to have such a spike in performance, outlier performances, for a run like that again. The real question is, how powerful was that Ray Lewis last ride mojo that got Flacco to that level.

Source: the Eagles turned $3.225M of TE Zach Ertz' base salary in 2017 into a guaranteed roster bonus, creating $2.58M in cap space.

— Field Yates (@FieldYates) March 13, 2017

So the Eagles freed up $2.58m this year but that gets pushed back the remaining years.

So according to Sportac the Eagles are still $8m over the cap, plus they need to clear an additional $5m for draft picks. Gotta be some more cuts coming.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/2017/

My god at the 9ers being $80m under the cap, how the fuck are they going to make it to the floor?

Hindl

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Zeke is his own worst enemy. Incoming assault charge/lawsuit.

That shit is just dumb, but the girl didn't seem too upset about it. We'll see

Source: the Eagles turned $3.225M of TE Zach Ertz' base salary in 2017 into a guaranteed roster bonus, creating $2.58M in cap space.

— Field Yates (@FieldYates) March 13, 2017

So the Eagles freed up $2.58m this year but that gets pushed back the remaining years.

So according to Sportac the Eagles are still $8m over the cap, plus they need to clear an additional $5m for draft picks. Gotta be some more cuts coming.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/2017/

My god at the 9ers being $80m under the cap, how the fuck are they going to make it to the floor?

There's still a ton of cuts coming. At the very least, Daniel, Kelce, Ryan Mathews, and Kendricks will most likely be gone soon

That shit is just dumb, but the girl didn't seem too upset about it. We'll see

There's still a ton of cuts coming. At the very least, Daniel, Kelce, Ryan Mathews, and Kendricks will most likely be gone soon

I thought that they couldnt cut Matthews due to it being an injury settelment and that his money still counts against the cap? I heard Mark Eckel say on his podcast that the Eagles were basically trying to renegotiate his contract down to lower his cap hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom