• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT| - Servicing Us Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepiope

Eagles have 0 cap space, even you can't think it is a good use of resources to pay almost $6m for a trash tier backup.
Did we have cap space to sign Smith, Jeffrey, and Warmack?

Howie knows how to move things around to afford what we need.

Weird that little Nicky was so unable to replicate that then without chip.
Weird that Chip hasn't been able to replicate his success without Nick, and which one of them is still in the NFL? Hmmmmm.

Pepiope

Some people might say the Howie defense is a long troll 🤔🤔
So Eagle fans shouldn't be excited that in the 2 years Howie has been in complete control, we've grabbed a potential franchise QB, and a legit #1 WR? I'm on Howie's side until he fucks up. He's been fine thus far.

MechDX

Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter 6m6 minutes ago
More
Former Broncos CB Kayvon Webster is signing with LA Rams, per source.

Benjamin Allbright ✔ @AllbrightNFL
Whatever team signs him is getring a steal. ST teams ace, and good corner overshadowed by Talib/Harris/Roby

Not like the texans need a special teams player and another CB while sitting on 30 million in cap space....

Meanwhile at NRG:
HFMilcC.gif

Pep please explain. Why is Howie paying so much to back up QBs?

If they wanted a high profile possible reclamation project as a backup should have signed Kaep. Much higher ceiling.

Kap is useless outside of the pistol, Chip has already hit Kap's ceiling running a gimmick offense last season, you can't win games but he might be able to take care of the ball scrambling a bit and hit the occasional first read or get sacked, he's like 30th in air yards, for the kind of arm he has it's shocking, extremely poor mechanics, very show windup, bad footwork, and he almost never throws with a flick of the wrist, absolutely zero touch, he's like the anti-Romo.

For a backup he would have to play in a regular behind the centre pro style offense, something he's proven to be incapable of.

MechDX

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...th-pick-to-saints-for-receiver-brandin-cooks/

On Monday, Titans G.M. Jon Robinson disclosed not what he offered but what he didn’t. Appearing on 104.5 The Zone in Nashville, Robinson said he did not offer the 18th overall pick in the first round for Cooks.

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, Robinson did offer a flip-flop of the No. 5 pick (held by the Titans) and the No. 11 pick (held by the Saints) in round one and a third-round pick. The Saints opted to take the New England offer instead.

Think I still would have taken the Titans offer instead

Thought I read somewhere he cant run proper routes and only do kick/punt returns. That what the Raiders will use him for?

Yeah we haven't had a proper KR in decades. As far as offensive snaps, I'm sure he will get plenty of manufactured touches and will be used to stretch the defense to open things up for Coop and Crabs.

MechDX

Yeah we haven't had a proper KR in decades. As far as offensive snaps, I'm sure he will get plenty of manufactured touches and will be used to stretch the defense to open things up for Coop and Crabs.

2013 draft a LOT of Texans fans wanted him over Hopkins. I remember EZ saying Nuk was the only first round WR that draft worth a damn

Interested to see what they paid him.

I wasn't a big fan of Chip's tenure in San Fran, but even I gotta admit he inherited a shit situation.

When you're on your way out of the league you can't exactly pick and choose which teams you go to.

Haha. That's cute that you think that.

MechDX

Football Perspective‏ @fbgchase 1m1 minute ago
More
Joe Flacco had the 5th most pass attempts ever in 2016, and the... 83rd most passing yards ever.

#Elite

Ravens should give their first
and pay half his salary
to the Texans to take him

effzee

Kap is useless outside of the pistol, Chip has already hit Kap's ceiling running a gimmick offense last season, you can't win games but he might be able to take care of the ball scrambling a bit and hit the occasional first read or get sacked, he's like 30th in air yards, for the kind of arm he has it's shocking, extremely poor mechanics, very show windup, bad footwork, and he almost never throws with a flick of the wrist, absolutely zero touch, he's like the anti-Romo.

For a backup he would have to play in a regular behind the centre pro style offense, something he's proven to be incapable of.

Yes I know all this yet he is better than Foles any day of the week. Better and done more.

If you are going to pay that much to a backup, might as well go for someone better.

My point is the Eagles shouldn't have so much tied up in their backup (s). Chase Daniel deal, especially when the resigned Bradford at the time, never made any sense and the Foles deal is similar.

effzee

When you're on your way out of the league you can't exactly pick and choose which teams you go to.

Except he should have never been on his way out of the league. 2 out 3 seasons in Philly were winning seasons and far more mediocre coaches get longer chances to fail over and over.

I just don't get what SF expected him to do in one season with a really bad roster.

Pepiope

Except he should have never been on his way out of the league. 2 out 3 seasons in Philly were winning seasons and far more mediocre coaches get longer chances to fail over and over.

I just don't get what SF expected him to do in one season with a really bad roster.
Lurie didn't like him. If Chip didn't have an ego I'm sure he would've been given more time. Lurie isn't the type to just give up on coaches. We stuck with Reid much longer than we shouldve and We'll do the same with Pederson, regardless of how much he succeeds.

Striker

Giants re-signed RG John Jerry and the team's best LB last season, Keenan Robinson, is visitng the Bengals.

Maybe Reese is going to draft a LB in the first few rds.

I'm good with Patterson just for the kick returns.

Some details:

Ben Goessling ✔ @GoesslingESPN
Per a league source, Cordarrelle Patterson got a two-year deal from the Raiders, which can be voided to a one-year deal.
12:22 AM - 14 Mar 2017

Lurie didn't like him. If Chip didn't have an ego I'm sure he would've been given more time. Lurie isn't the type to just give up on coaches. We stuck with Reid much longer than we shouldve and We'll do the same with Pederson, regardless of how much he succeeds.
You meant to say regardless of how little he succeeds.

Mindlog

Due to the weather all work related activities other than those related to electronic correspondence are hereby suspended.
All college campuses will also be closed.
Primary and secondary schools will remain open.

Enjoy the day.

bionic77

The Lost Woods in BOTW. So good!

Had to toss my boomerang to make room for a torch. Oh well!
There is another place way that is even harder. It is the lost woods in the fucking dark.

I played so much Zelda today (had jury duty but they let me go early so it was Zelda all day). Finished a dungeon, discovered a tower or two, some shrines and a ton of other adventures. The only thing I seem to suck balls at is the seeds but I am sure I will start to find those too.

I am not their counsel but if I was I would tell them to put a warning on the box for Zelda warning of the possibility of extreme servicing and to take breaks every 6 hours unless you are a high level JCB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom