• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT| - Servicing Us Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.
When its 2017 and people still hate on good to do Trumpers
gbHAvW2.gif

Yep

Except he should have never been on his way out of the league. 2 out 3 seasons in Philly were winning seasons and far more mediocre coaches get longer chances to fail over and over.

I just don't get what SF expected him to do in one season with a really bad roster.

See I can't remember which one of you denies that Chip Kelly tried to clutch for more and more power only to cripple the teams talent. (I'm confident it's Yankee though).

His "move fast" coaching philosophy also doesn't hold water outside of college, where you can have grossly expanded rosters on gameday over the NFL which limits fatigue.

He also coached the most vanilla offense i've ever seen. A drunk barely paying any attention to the game at the back of the bar knew what he was running just by formation and personnel. If drunky can figure it out while falling off his stool, what chance did Chip have against other NFL coaches?

Not to mention the amount of players who said that he was a near mute in the hallway, or flat out "hated black players". Kind of hard to deny that assertion when currently OOL Riley Cooper (who by all indications will never be back with another team) was your number 1 wideout.

Too stubborn to change (quickly), shipped off talent for a song, miserable, bad rapport with players, power struggle with the front office. What coach that does all these things DOESN'T get fired?

Yes I know all this yet he is better than Foles any day of the week. Better and done more.

If you are going to pay that much to a backup, might as well go for someone better.

My point is the Eagles shouldn't have so much tied up in their backup (s). Chase Daniel deal, especially when the resigned Bradford at the time, never made any sense and the Foles deal is similar.

Kap had a much better team around him at the height of his success. Foles is a better QB working in the pocket and you don't have to change the system to pistol in order for Foles to function.

And it all depends on what Kap's asking price is. Foles is an expensive backup for sure.

🎶I've been down so long it look like up to me
They look up to me
I got fake people showin' fake love to me
Straight up to my face, straight up to my face
🎶

tenor.gif

See I can't remember which one of you denies that Chip Kelly tried to clutch for more and more power only to cripple the teams talent. (I'm confident it's Yankee though).

His "move fast" coaching philosophy also doesn't hold water outside of college, where you can have grossly expanded rosters on gameday over the NFL which limits fatigue.

He also coached the most vanilla offense i've ever seen. A drunk barely paying any attention to the game at the back of the bar knew what he was running just by formation and personnel. If drunky can figure it out while falling off his stool, what chance did Chip have against other NFL coaches?

Not to mention the amount of players who said that he was a near mute in the hallway, or flat out "hated black players". Kind of hard to deny that assertion when currently OOL Riley Cooper (who by all indications will never be back with another team) was your number 1 wideout.

Too stubborn to change (quickly), shipped off talent for a song, miserable, bad rapport with players, power struggle with the front office. What coach that does all these things DOESN'T get fired?
It didn't help when your QB can't read pre-snap coverages and couldn't go through his progressions, Chip was out of plays by the half, every play is either a run or had one receiver, you can't switch it up because Kap was always going to target one guy, he made the offense even more one dimensional and predictable.

That said, Baalke was awful the last few years.

Hindl

Snow is the worst since I can work from home whenever. So work never gets cancelled, it just makes getting around a pain in the ass

Accidentally stumbling across
the mini boss in that area and unlocking the shrine was so fucking dope.

Yeah that was crazy, I kept lighting the statues and all of the sudden that hits you outta nowhere.

Also, found what may be my favorite little detail of the game, and it's a useful tip to dealing with the really hot/cold environments without hunting for the resistant equipment/cooking food. Slight mechanics spoiler
you can equip weapons to change your body temperature. AKA, equip a flamespear/blade to raise your temperature so you can walk through the snowy areas, and equip a frostspear to cool yourself off in the hot areas.
So good

#RomoWatch2017 Day 6

#freeAntonioRamiroRomo

Printer paper needs to make you one of those local news graphics

Fox318

I had a odd dream that Browns fans were given free cars as a form of reparations.

I wondered why Jets fans didn't get the same treatment so I went to City hall to argue my case.

Read that talks broke down with Patterson before going to bed. Woke up to find out we locked him up.

Al would approve.

You are going to be very happy with Patterson.

He made huge strides last year and in terms of physical ability he is second to none. Hell, even if he shits the bed as a receiver he is still the best kickoff return guy in the league.

squicken

Patterson is a great KO returner and that is it. As a WR he cannot run routes. If he's on the field it is either a bubble screen or a go

bionic77

Accidentally stumbling across
the mini boss in that area and unlocking the shrine was so fucking dope.
Yeah that was really unexpected.

So far I have only used the internet once. There was some star puzzle that I could not figure out (lack of sleep probably has something to do with that).

This game is fucking insane. I am almost 40 hours in and I still have 2 dungeons and the castle left plus a billion secrets and like half the fucking map is still dark!

Pepiope

It didn't help when your QB can't read pre-snap coverages and couldn't go through his progressions, Chip was out of plays by the half, every play is either a run or had one receiver, you can't switch it up because Kap was always going to target one guy, he made the offense even more one dimensional and predictable.

That said, Baalke was awful the last few years.
I mean, Chip doesn't allow his QBs to even audible, so you're limited with what you can do. Even if Kap could see that the play he's running is a total failure, he had to run it anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom